Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

Recommended Tracks: April 2017!

Recommended Tracks: April 2017!  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which tracks did you enjoy the most this month?

• a crowd of rebellion - "リビルド"
    • Rides In ReVellion - "F.A.T.E."
    • chanty - "不機嫌"
    • A9 - "Adam"
    • DIMLIM - "アハレワタ"
    • cinema staff - "pulse"
    • SuiseiNoboAz - "liquid rainbow"
    • Tomy Wealth - "Sabre Dance"
    • NoGod - "Missing"
    • R指定 - "ぼくらのアブノーマル"

1926lsZ.jpg

Greetings, MH! The ORZ team are back with our latest batch of recommended tracks!  Check them out and let us know what you think!

(We apologize if some videos aren't available due to region restrictions!)

@fitear1590's Picks

"リビルド" by a crowd of rebellion
"rebuild" by a crowd of rebellion

b8vquq5.png

@doombox got me on the acor train a few years back and I haven't looked back since! While the band is known to produce some freakout tracks here and there, their new digital single "rebuild" falls on the more emotional end of their sound spectrum. Having said that, the music is still pretty high-octane with speedy riffs implemented throughout. What also sticks out to me in this arrangement are the subtle, pulsing synths. Another hit for a crowd in rebellion!

Spoiler

"F.A.T.E." by Rides In ReVellion

M5UqAv4.png

From the first time I heard Rides In ReVellion, I could appreciate their appeal, despite not being able to call myself a fan yet. Well, "F.A.T.E." might finally be the single to tip the scales for me. With a solid power metal-inspired approach, they are writing more solid material than a band like Jupiter, who supposedly embodies this style. With the great vocals and instrumentation in "F.A.T.E.", I'm really looking forward to seeing where RiR goes from here!
Spoiler

@tetsu_sama69's Picks

"不機嫌" by chanty

"Fukigen" by chanty

dXPtKRY.png

If there's a band out there doing anything right then it's definitely chanty, no doubt about it (except for their guitarist Shia, but let's hope for the best). The band may not have a massive library of releases in their repertoire but everything they've delivered has been pure artwork. "Fukigen" is an invigorating banger of a song, from it's supercharged start to its burst of an ending. There's not a dull moment with it's hyped frantic pacing and infectious melody. chanty is a band oozing with insane musical goodness that no one should be skipping especially since "Fukigen" is only just a preview for their upcoming new single 今年も春が希望という名の嘘をつく(Kotoshi mo Haru ga Kibou to Iu na no Usowotsuku).

Spoiler

"Adam" by A9

JLpRFnH.png

Stop what you are doing right now and go listen to A9's Ideal. Wait, actually not right now, immediately after you read this paragraph I want you to get your hands on this album and be amazed. Believe me when I say, do not miss this album. Ever since their return, A9 has risen from the ashes and has become a phoenix of musical empowerment. Even though the video is a mostly trippy mess of bad green screen, the song is an example of how much this band has grown since going in their own direction. It takes me back to when I really enjoyed them near the start of their career, when they made much heavier servings with a dash of dulcet spices thrown in. Granted, the entire album has a plethora of fantastic tracks, but "Adam" is the standout definition of their current style. Even though I wasn't a fan of the small, oversynthed dubstep bit thrown in, the rest of "Adam" is a delicacy for the ears.

Spoiler

@emmny's Pick

"アハレワタ" by DIMLIM

"Aharewata" by DIMLIM

Ff5OiWO.png

DIMLIM, the hot new deathcore hunties of the scene, featuring ex-D.I.D. drummer and roadie guitarist + Deviloof's runaway ex-guitarist, come serving you an old D.I.D. style spin on Nokubura's style (or is it the other way around?).  They seem to be turning a lot of heads; the comment section is unusually full of Japanese people either remarking that they bought views (duh) or are the next continuation of v-metal. Foreigners are getting their life too, as noted by the warm reception from you old, bitter people ;). Ultimately, the track is as good as you want it to be: the composition is fairly rigid but a little messy, drum track sounds like arse, the guitarwork is a little flat considering the members' experience and Sho's vox are inconsistent. On the flipside, the chorus gives you all the GazettE-isms you could have ever wanted, Sho's quasi-operatic range is dazzling, the acoustic+solo section is pretty awesome and the last 30 seconds of the track literally shit on anything v-metal released this year. What you chose to ignore and chose to ~love~ is up to you, but at the very least, DIMLIM show potential in their attention to detail, even if the kinks are yet to be smoothed out.

Spoiler

@CAT5's Picks

"pulse" by cinema staff

KcE5H6y.png

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - cinema staff have been on fire lately! They're already gearing up for the release of their 6th full album netsugen next month, and they've dropped the PV for "pulse" in anticipation. The song follows in the same the vein as the material on their previously released Vektor E.P., showcasing the band's harder-edged rock sound that they seldom fail to impress with. The video actually serves as the sequel to 2013's "great escape" (the tunnel should be a dead giveaway!), both of which share the same director. If "pulse" is anything to go by, netsugen is going to kick ass.

Spoiler

"liquid rainbow" by SuiseiNoboAz

tbwayxV.png

These guys went from being one of the coolest up-and-coming indie bands of the 10's only to unceremoniously land themselves in major label mediocrity by their 3rd album. Displeased with the band's shift towards the mainstream, the original bassist  and drummer jumped ship, leaving the trio as a solo act. I thought that they were done for at this point, so you can imagine my shock when they resurfaced with this PV, and as a quartet no less! "liquid rainbow" sees the band return to full form, as they revisit their groovy indie-roots with all of the blatant NUMBER GIRL worship that made us fall in love with them in the first place. Welcome back, SuiseiNoboAz!

Spoiler

"Sabre Dance" by Tomy Wealth

LLPQT9S.png

Chances are you probably haven't heard of drummer/beatmaker Tomy Wealth unless you're some kind of Japanese beat connoisseur. He's not incredibly well-known, but with two albums and a few EPs under his belt, he's still worthy of note. His music combines his very own live drumming with melodic piano samples and orchestral strings for a decidedly cinematic sound that's more organic than my description entails (sometime's it closer to post-rock than straight-up hip hop beats). His new song "Sabre Dance", which will be featured on his next album, is what I imagine fox capture plan would sound like if they only had the conviction and the unassailable coolness of mouse on the keys.

Spoiler

Guest Recommendations:

@Ada Suilen's Picks

"Missing" by NoGod
GqbyW9U.png

It was time that NoGod didn't release something in an official manner, despite their successful work done in these years as metal band. With this new single, they go back to the style which got me to them, in a powerful and energetic metal ballad, featuring virtuous touches and vibrant vocals (reminiscent of great hits like "Atria"), confirming and improving NoGod's status in the visual kei scene and renovating my love for them!

Spoiler

"ぼくらのアブノーマル" by R指定 
"Bokura no abnormal" by R-Shitei R指定

uaJ7Z3u.png

When I listened to this band, in particular to "Seishun wa wrist cut", I had mixed feelings, since I thought that their sound was quite generic for me. But in the latest releases, starting from Suicide Memories, they developed a solid and better sound, which appeals me more. And in the mini-album Nihon Kyoukai Abnormal they tried and experimented with different styles, each one for each song and it brought up to an energetic release, where this song is surely the best one, with aggressive riffs and versatile vocals dominating all over it.

Spoiler

Thanks for checking out our recommendations this month! And another big thanks to our guest contributor @Ada Suilen! If you have any thoughts on our list, or if you have any recommendations of your own, please feel free to comment below!

:cheers:

My deviating picks with rather subtle descriptions...

Spoiler

https://v.qq.com/x/page/x0389pr6g39.html

New Chatmonchy sounds...nicely Chatmonchy-ish. I can hear some older Pillows here though, which is also fun.

Hands down one of the best "Lantis-core" acts comes up again with sugarsweet but not that clichey half-ballad A-side.

Say what you want about Akai Kou'en - their guitarwork was always fascinating to me no matter how otherwise predictable the overall picture may seemed to be. Sometimes I am very picky about entirety, but anything Kouen riffage kinda makes me forgive it in an instant, lol.

Edited by Alroy

5 hours ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

no kuroyuritokage? SON I AM DISAPPOINT 

5 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Y'ALL I'VE BEEN STRUGGLING....I DONT KNOWWWW!!!

Just discovered SuiseiNoboAz with that new song, quite dissappointed to discover it's completely different from what they seemed to do before.

But honestly I'm digging it so much ! 

i never took the time to listen to chanty but i dig those guitar works! i might have to check them out now.

atria was one of my favorites by nogod (when they were good) and that new song of theirs sounds pretty good too. i haven't listened to any of their stuff after 2011 or something so i'm SUPER behind, but i will check out their new single! glad to see that they're picking up in quality again.

Edited by plastic_rainbow

That's almost what I would have written about DIMLIM. It's a fucking mess and some of the production choices are ridiculous, but that's what makes it awesome. Like throwing a plate of spaghetti on the wall. The clean vox on the chorus I think could be a tad bit more adventurous tho. 

On 2017-05-12 at 5:12 AM, Disposable said:

That's almost what I would have written about DIMLIM. It's a fucking mess and some of the production choices are ridiculous, but that's what makes it awesome. Like throwing a plate of spaghetti on the wall. The clean vox on the chorus I think could be a tad bit more adventurous tho. 

i lOvE yOu

Sign in to follow this