Takadanobabaalien

#resurrectVK

1 hour ago, gekiai said:

I, accidentally, followed a western visual kei group on FB and I came across a gem of a quote "if you judge Western vkei, then you're directly judging the work of Japanese visual kei musicians" or something like that and I had a good laugh. That's not how it works, buddy. Like many have already said here, many of the western bands I've listened to are like sad rip offs of the real thing.  Saying what you do is exactly like the Japanese visual kei bands is arrogant af. 

I don't have anything against Westerners attempting to make a visual kei band, but honestly, all the stuff I've seen has been haughty white dudes who think they're really going to be the ones that'll make visual kei big in the West. Sorry, dude, you're not. It was never big over here, or in Japan, in the first place.

Do holler at me if anyone finds a Western visual kei group with some diversity tho.

d29c741aa18f2241fbaa5cb9011e37ce.jpg

12 hours ago, emmny said:

IN LIGHT OF THIS THREAD....

please donate to my gofundme to make the western equivalent of 9goats black out. thank you. vkei is not dead.

RAY (ex gt Seremedy) already tried to do some indie-ish project so you MIGHT BE A BIT LATE

so this is a thread now, i c

2 hours ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

RAY (ex gt Seremedy) already tried to do some indie-ish project so you MIGHT BE A BIT LATE

first she tained visual kei for scandinavian normies and 3 paid japanese live attendees, next she went for the post-rock's greasy weave

what kind of multitalented versatile queen!! I hope she has a kpop side-gig planned next

19 hours ago, emmny said:

IN LIGHT OF THIS THREAD....

please donate to my gofundme to make the western equivalent of 9goats black out. thank you. vkei is not dead.

?????????

interesting how in this discussion about gaijins imitatiing trve VKei no one has mentioned this guy before (who seems to split people's opinions just as much):

Coh5ykHVYAUh1Xm.jpg

Tbh, his look come a lot more closer to actual VK than most of the swede kei bands

11 hours ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

somewhere uta is rolling in his reclining chair with his 5 cats and emo wife spitting on the ground at this post

2 hours ago, herpes said:

and avril

lets be real this is basically a sug song

what the hell!?! didn't even now Avril is still around - but i gotta say this sounded pretty good! XD

8 hours ago, Ikna said:

interesting how in this discussion about gaijins imitatiing trve VKei no one has mentioned this guy before (who seems to split people's opinions just as much):

Coh5ykHVYAUh1Xm.jpg

Tbh, his look come a lot more closer to actual VK than most of the swede kei bands

Wasnt he born in japan or something? Ive never heard him speak any other language. 

Edited by lichtlune

2 minutes ago, lichtlune said:

Wasnt he born in japan or something? Ive never heard him speak any english. 

He's actually Italian.