Takadanobabaalien

#resurrectVK

this hashtag is floating around again cuz of fucking mejibray, what a surprise

shows how much these fucking whiteys and Brazilians really care about jrock; if one band suddenly decides to take a break, then god forbid IT'S THE END OF VK AS WE KNOW IT!!11

Edited by sheepprincessgara

we need to ban everyone from posting about the scene in public, we need to go deeper underground

#radicalizevisualkei

Edited by Tokage

Trying to hire an hitman in the dark webz and accidentally hiring Yomi as Chiba thrusting his crotch against every vulunerable part of the victim's body while Izumi from Shibilebashir seduces him/her 

o m g 

The true power of those hookers is finally revealed!

all the #drama going around w/ this tag made me think, there's a lot of people who'd be cool w/ at least the idea of visual kei from outside Japan, but those five scandanavian bands aren't really it & the other bands don't get much attention.

So, i'm not the most knowledgeable about this or anything but i thought i'd throw together a quick list of some bands i've heard of, and write them a quick tagline. they're super #basic, but i had like...... 100 letters to work with.

hope this doesn't seem like self-promo, but here's that list, in twitter convo form, if any of y'all are interested in checking it out.

Spoiler alert, i think some of the bands from Indonesia are my favs.

But what exactly people want to resurrect?

If we are talking about western VK bands, most of them never embodied VK really. Most took the aesthetics of 2000's VK (with relative success) but 99% of them never ever acquired the essence of a Visual Kei band. They never felt like one. The only serious and successful replications outside Japan that I can think of were Angel Heart from South Korea and Silver Ash from China. There was another one from South Korea, I think they were called Deva...

These bands really captured the essence of a Visual Kei band aesthetically, its theatrical performance and musically.

Any western Visual Kei band somehow reminiscent of or that took inspiration from bands like Aliene Ma'riage, Baiser (both eras), La;sadie's,  Syndrome, Due'le quartz,  SHAZNA or La'Mule, for example?

Edited by seikun

^ @seikun well, there was this:

According to their youtube channel they seem to have reformed (or at least played a few lives in the last years). Make of it what you will.

It seems there were a lot of mexican or latina american "kote" bands, but I forgot all their names, because they truly weren't that remarkable, let alone relevant.

Also this attempt at early 00s VK:

But we actually had a thread about crappy foreign VK bands on here. It featured glorious shit like this atrocity:

And this I feel is exactly what swede "kei" bands apparantly want to come back. 

1 hour ago, Ikna said:

I'm legit sizzling @ this, they actually got the aesthetics part right and it's a pretty authentic deal visually (given an all gaijin band with a matina production budget)

the actual music tho

yes because mh is full of whites. nothing but whites. this forum's color should be white instead of black.

Fucking idiot, living up to both his name and the band's name (Bataar, more like Pataar, amirite).

799ca4dc06f3fac45fed1a3f95290926.jpg

6 hours ago, sheepprincessgara said:

yes because mh is full of whites. nothing but whites. this forum's colour should be white instead of black.

Y'know what I'll bring this up with the rest of the staff. I mean, you're right, we gotta come correct and all! Correctness is everything.

Also, those bataaaaaaaaaaar dudes are bullshit personified

14 hours ago, Ikna said:

^ @seikun well, there was this:

According to their youtube channel they seem to have reformed (or at least played a few lives in the last years). Make of it what you will.

It seems there were a lot of mexican or latina american "kote" bands, but I forgot all their names, because they truly weren't that remarkable, let alone relevant.

But we actually had a thread about crappy foreign VK bands on here. It featured glorious shit like this atrocity:

And this I feel is exactly what swede "kei" bands apparantly want to come back. 

I actually had this conflict in my mind because especially en Argentina and Chile there were bands that wanted to replicate the old style and all that conveys,  but they were so small and amateur compared to their European counterparts that had more resources and exposure. In Latin America they were more bands inspired in the whole Visual Kei concept as opposed to what I could see from most European Visual Kei bands that were more about the looks and not really much (if any) about performance and musical patterns that one can  associate with Visual Kei.

I don't want to limit eventual western Visual Kei bands to a specific era of Visual Kei, but if they want to be a Visual Kei band I expect not only the aesthetics, but also theater and music so when I see them and listen to them I can say "yeah, I feel the Visual Kei vibe in them".

Edited by seikun

Iirc there was a pretty horrendous south american visual kei compilation that was uploaded on this board way back. They were kind of nu-kei-ish I recall, and also I think one of the bands had a member who posted here ( he might have in fact been the uploader. )

I do like how everything written here has been reduced to "white elitism." The only way shitty local rock bands can cope with flopping like they do is by telling themselves that everyone is a hater and that they're doing a public service by existing.