Sign in to follow this  
jaymee

Heya

I used to be a member here at some point but I can't remember how long ago that was tbh. Maybe some people I used to go to lives with back in the day still use this forum and we can get back in touch.

I'm an ex-bangya/obangya in my early 30s. I "quit" the scene after most of my fave bands broke up, but since Psycho le Cemu got back together I've been going to a lot of their shows. My favorite v-kei bands besides Psycho le Cemu are Kuroyume, BUCK-TICK, PIERROT, and (older) Plastic Tree/Dir en grey.

I got into visual kei through Gackt/Malice Mizer when I was in early high school. Everything was so ~dramatic~ back then, I swore I'd marry Kozi someday, and I remember my BFF and I ugly cried when Malice Mizer announced their hiatus, wondering what the hell we were gonna do with the rest of our lives. In those 15+ years that have passed since, I relocated to Tokyo, became a bangya, got married (obviously not to Kozi, sorry to disappoint my teenage self lolz), and then settled down in the countryside.

As for upcoming lives, I'm going to see PLC at Studio Coast this Sunday and PIERROT/Dir en grey's Androgynos two-day live at Yokohama Arena in July.

Edited by jaymee

Welcome to MH

Nice, a Visual kei fan since high school, thats great and i'm also a Visual kei fan since my High School days too.

i see, so your a fan of the older style visual kei, thats very quite amazing, but for me, i'm a fan of the newer style visual kei.

Enjoy your time.

On 4/28/2017 at 1:28 AM, K-x-H said:

Welcome to MH

Nice, a Visual kei fan since high school, thats great and i'm also a Visual kei fan since my High School days too.

i see, so your a fan of the older style visual kei, thats very quite amazing, but for me, i'm a fan of the newer style visual kei.

Enjoy your time.

Thanks!

Were you originally a fan of older VK in high school but your tastes have changed toward newer VK? ^^

41 minutes ago, Gaz said:

if i were your teenage self i'd travel to the future and kill you(myself?) for not marrying Kozi ;w;

Alas, besides a couple of meet and greets, I only got introduced to him for a sec after I got married, only because his close friend that came to see him play wanted to bang my hot friend. orz

I regret we we will never be crazy old cat ladies together, but it's probably for the best. Plus not even Kozi would make me want to live in Tokyo again D:

Edited by jaymee

2 hours ago, jaymee said:

I regret we we will never be crazy old cat ladies together, but it's probably for the best. Plus not even Kozi would make me want to live in Tokyo again D:

What made it so bad? 

Welcome btw c:

On 2017/5/1 at 11:33 PM, Platy said:

What made it so bad? 

Welcome btw c:

Thanks! The short answer: Quality of life

Long answer: I  think it's a great place to visit, but not to live. There are too many people, you generally have to commute 1-2 hours to work and back if you don't want to pay 10-15 man to live in a shoebox, everything is horribly commercialized and expensive, and in general Tokyo people aren't that friendly and/or act really fake compared to people in other parts of Japan. Not to mention  job competition is much higher, so often you get paid less than you would living outside urban areas. :sad: There's a running joke that most expats who move closer to Tokyo for the nightlife generally end up being too poor to ever fully enjoy it. :X'D:

In comparison, I'd much rather live surrounded by nature instead of having a skyscraper or advertisement in my face everywhere, have a better job/salary, live in a bigger place,and have friendly neighbors/overall great sense of community than live around strangers. I also much prefer driving to work instead of spending 30+ minutes rubbed up against some smelly old salaryman on the train everyday. :wan-07:

And I think contrary to popular belief, there is very little besides lives/special events and clubbing that can't be done anywhere else in Japan. Even if that wasn't the case, it would still be much cheaper (and more convenient) to commute into Tokyo every weekend than live there. :)

Edited by jaymee

On 2017/5/4 at 0:46 AM, efuru said:

Welcome! I don't listen to any of those bands but I know people do so you'll be welcome!

Thanks! I figure there must be a few old school fans still around. ^^

Sign in to follow this