efuru

Favorite Pop Girl

Now I know this is a rock forum mainly specific to Japanese artists but "pop"ular music is popular pretty much everywhere so I was wondering of the big female names in pop music who is your favorite?

Options include but not limited to: Rihanna (my favorite), Beyoncé, Britney Spears, Madonna. Girls like that. 

I enjoy listening to some Marina and the Diamonds when I'm on my pop mood. I also happen to spin Lana Del Rey (still have to check out Lust for Life though, there's been a lot of hype around it). And I hardly listen anything else than what I've mentioned.

EDIT: Lust for Life is ok. 

Edited by Visutox

7 hours ago, Visutox said:

I enjoy listening to some Marina and the Diamonds when I'm on my pop mood. I also happen to spin Lana Del Rey (still have to check out Lust for Life though, there's been a lot of hype around it). And I hardly listen anything else than what I've mentioned.

EDIT: Lust for Life is ok. 

Yeah lust for life fell a little flat for me but I did really enjoy Love. The video was gorgeous.

What's your favorite Marina album?

Discovered her music with Electra Heart, so that one has a sort of special spot in my heart. But The Family Jewels and FROOT are really good as well, and I enjoy listening to those as well. I remember when FROOT came out (the single) I couldn't stop spinning it, it's so good.

I also listen to (but rarely) Beyoncé, last time was when I felt like coming back to Lemonade, which I thought was ok at first but then I ended up hugely disliking it. I don't know, I just fail to see the greatness of it (musically speaking). 

Anyone but Katy Perry.

Currently I am big on Allie X

Kylie Minouge will always be a goddess. 

And I am happy that Kesha returns. It seems doing well for her too!

Looking forward for Kelly Clarkson’s new album, P!nk’s and T$ too! Hope it won’t dissapoint.

As for Asian acts, Utada will always be forever fave. Ayumi too, and I am sad she cannot sing that well anymore live. My current obession are BLACKPINK of course. Other than them, girl groups that I really aupported are Orange Caramel and 2NE1. As for solo, I enjoy HyunA, CL, Lee Hyori. 

I am not too big on Asian boybands, BIG BANG is my limit. I enjoyed a song or two from YG Ent bands but not really into them totally.

Omg the thread of the century

ARIANA, BRITNEY, MADONNA, RIHANNA, BEYONCÉ, POPPY, BHAD BARBIE, SELENA, HYUNA, list goes on and on and on.