Kiyoharu is God

sads debuts new bassist and restarts activities

YUTARO is formerly the bassist of JELLY→, a band Kiyoharu produced during their debut. Their first single was released on Kiyoharu's label at the time. The new lineup debuted today at <ザ グレートロックンロール関ヶ原2017「氣志團万博 vs VAMPARK FEST」>.

As for KEISUKE KUBOTA who had been serving as he band's bassist since 2010, it appears that he was fired... Or, that's what I can gather form this article: http://www.excite.co.jp/News/entertainment_g/20170315/Messy_43022.html

And that makes sense... Despite being in the promotional materal and disc photography for sads' last release, 2015's May I Stay/Light of Life, he's practically missing from the PVs.  It sort of looks like he's in them, because the bass player has long hair in the PVs, but the never shot a close up and basically have the person playing bass hiding in the corner out of focus:

Anyway, looks like the band is restarting activities again. :)

Edited by Kiyoharu is God

Erm, its not so much of restarting activities but rather, doing a couple of concerts as SADS in July like what they always do the last few years. Though they might have surprises up their sleeves like live limited singles/DVDs.

Regarding the old bassist; did the article go into detail why he was fired? I thought he blended well with the rest in lives.

i love their look, kiyoharu is the most stylish (assuming the design stuff is done by him/in collab with him) out of all these visual oyajis

Edited by emmny

the second page of that article you posted is straight juice...

"In an interview on the general rock information site "Vif", Kiyoharu revealed that he had doubts about Kubota's abilities only one year after the start of their activities. However, it seems he put up with it either because he'd matured or because was being cautious about his longstanding penchant for immediately firing people.

Even so in a 2015 interview he unabashedly brought up Kubota with scathing disses, stating that Kubota didn't work hard enough, that it was pointless working with him, and questioning why he had to volunteer to give him spending money. He pointed out his attitude toward Kubota's practicing habits on the smartphone app "755", and when fans gave remarks in support of Kubota, Kiyoharu stated that he "didn't want to pamper him".

Then, in 2015, Kubota was the only member not to receive a close-up in sads' PV for their new song, "May I Stay". And yet all 4 members appeared on AbemaTV in May 2016. There Kiyoharu publicly admonished Kubota, saying "sads consists of Kiyoharu, K-A-Z, and GO, but we've invited Kubota for the time being". After all this, he was finally fired.

With the firing of their bassist, hopes for the appearance of Kuroyume's bassist, Hitoki (44) as the replacement have grown, but this is not very feasible. Kiyoharu has unfollowed Kubota on Twitter, and if you look closely, he has also unfollowed Hitoki, who he previously followed. As Kiyoharu follows those he is reasonably friendly with, it's possible that he and Hitoki are at odds once more. Able to cut off longstanding associates without hesitation, Kiyoharu is indeed a rockstar. Perhaps it's because he is so stoic that his fans will always follow him."

Edited by cvltic
formatting failure

43 minutes ago, herpes said:

Don't do mimi dirty like this, he's the azealia banks

#no

Hn7heAI.jpg

I wonder why their poster spells out "suxxx" in all consonants instead of the band name though

early sign of the coming music quality?

8 hours ago, cvltic said:

the second page of that article you posted is straight juice...

Oh my, the drama. It's a bit disappointing that Hitoki and Kiyoharu are feuding, but hopefully something nice comes out of this sads reboot.

I still can't help but recall last year's, or 2015's, debacle with kuroyume's publishing rights being auctioned off. As far as I understood it, kiyoharu over-leveraged the brand, got into debt and burned lots of bridges. The question is - what happened to Hitoki through all this? Considering his ramped up activities in recent years with his solo work and participation in other bands, I'm going to take an unverified fanboy guess and say he didn't really get much (financially) out of Kuroyume when they came back together. If he treated as an equal partner in the group, like he should've, I'm sure he would've been pissed that the brand got trashed. If he was just treated as a session musician to get fans to believe this was truly kuroyume and had to play second fiddle to kiyoharu, I'm sure he would have grown tired of that too. What artist/musician wouldn't?

And like a true business man who knows how to open up shop and go into bankruptcy at the right times, Kioyharu's continually new production companies or label signings, starting of kuroyume and sads roughly at the same time in the late 00's and constant whoring of FC and website exclusive goods, makes me believe he's the common denominator when comes to any and all drama. Disparaging the other party so publicly seems very un-Japanese and it sounds like an attempt at striking first to save face from the fans who he needs to buy his overpriced jewelry.

As if Kiyoharu and Hitoki seem to be on be on bad terms now. Anyways, after watching 'THE FAKE STAR CIRCUIT 1996' documentary, I got the feeling that Hitoki wasn't enjoying his time in Kuroyume all that much.

It seemed that during the 2009 reunion they were on bad terms as well. I always thought they just agreed to make it work anyway.