fitear1590

Horror Music Videos... let's get spooky!

👻~Horror Music Videos~👻

Music videos inspired by the vast horror genre/aesthetic are an interesting phenomenon, even being created by some pop artists. Post some of your favorites and discuss!

Here are a few of mine:

Wampire - The Hearse
Love the garish lighting and 80s vibe!

Kiryu - 百鬼夜行 (hyakki yakou)
11/10 cinematography and art direction make for a unique, otherworldly PV.

Keane - Disconnected
Still confused that this exists--an unexpected video! Some Shelley Duvall Shining vibes from the lead actress.

Steady Holiday - Terror
A bit more subtle than the rest, but it's my favorite recent example, featuring some kind of gnarly tentacle vermin.

41 minutes ago, seurong said:

the only right answer for this is backstreet boys - everybody, my dear fito...

invented fear

If you are a knowledgeable fan of Miike, you should recognize the "horror" plot here :)

While not exactly being the most suitable horror PV candidate from these guys, rather simple albeit disturbing plot here (a child witnessing domestic abuse and exhibiting certain fascination with scissors, edgy stuff and shit, after reaching certain age she starts seducing and murdering dozens of clueless men for their organs and her own surprising cannibalistic tendencies) might make horror fans recall a few flicks from Japanese scene and a bit from western parts too.

I also recall NIN having a 20-min video rendition of "Broken" which I deemed to be horror-likely gruesome and something which may have inspired e.g. Dir and especially Kaoru to adopt those freaky aesthetics later on when writing /planning the script for "Obscure" PV.

While not over-the-top in-your-face scary, this video has always been super eerie for me. Must be that haunting Lynchian vibe that's going on (worth watching till the very end), coupled with the lighter tones of the music.

This one nails that 'grindhouse b-movie horror' aesthetic p well imo.

Spoiler

a classic

Spoiler

remember these guys? nobody else does either. still, strong horror movie vibes to be found here in Finland's very own GWAR-ripoff buttrock extravaganza

Spoiler

i have hated dolls since i was a kid, so this oingo boingo music vid has p much always #sp00ked me

Spoiler

Well, here are some spooky ones for you all that I know of:

King Diamond - Welcome Home

Can't believe no one posted any Diamond. Cheesy yet technically sound classic metal.

The Candy Spooky Theater - Exocist

One of the spookiest and creepiest VK PV's. This one definitely takes me back a few years.

Twiztid - We Don't Die

Ahhh I'll always love these guys. Unless you were there, it'll be gimmicky rap metal to ya. Still, a floating ouija board. Spooooooky~~.

Mr. Bungle - Quote Unquote

Serial killers hanging off of meathooks, a creepy baby masked guy dragging a doll on some train tracks, a gimp rubbing a cross all over his leathered face... yeah, this was pretty controversial back when it was released in 1991. It's still pretty much banned in the remaining music channels out there.

The Residents - Hello Skinny

Unlike the Mr. Bungle video, this video, like most videos of avant-garde superheroes The Residents, wasn't played much because... well, it's just damn weird. Gotta love em!

That's about all I can think of at the moment lol.