Sign in to follow this  
waive1129

LONDBOY guitar RIO arrested

@Donttalkbackin some way or another he didn't fit the stipulations for a "sincere romantic relationship", which as you kindly informed us up the thread, is usually determined by parental consent. if parental consent was involved he wouldn't have been arrested. what is your point with all this? the dude provided information to the police and the police found that it was sufficient enough to arrest him. if your problem is with the law itself then that's fine, but it doesn't change the reality of what happened and the fact that as it stands, what he did is considered a crime, and one he very stupidly incriminated himself of in an unrelated discussion with law enforcement.

8 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

sockpuppet game strong

here's an idea maybe stop feeding it while the thread is still at the more or less sane point of its artpop

don't ever tell me what to do, the last time i got into one of these i made k_m divulge his deep secrets about money for kawaii rendezvous 👀

12 minutes ago, cvltic said:

@Donttalkbackin some way or another he didn't fit the stipulations for a "sincere romantic relationship", which as you kindly informed us up the thread, is usually determined by parental consent. if parental consent was involved he wouldn't have been arrested. what is your point with all this? the dude provided information to the police and the police found that it was sufficient enough to arrest him. if your problem is with the law itself then that's fine, but it doesn't change the reality of what happened and the fact that as it stands, what he did is considered a crime, and one he very stupidly incriminated himself of in an unrelated discussion with law enforcement.

Why should Rio have to fit a certain criteria to be deemed a "cincere romantic relationship" as far as I'm concerned she consented seeing as she dropped her pants & spread her legs twice & the parent's didn't say a thing.

& as for parental consent is do you honestly think anyone would listen to their parents if they said "no, you can't see that boy" god no cause their approval isn't important, date & screw who ya wish!! I just don't belive he should have been arrested.

not that anybody asked for my opinion, and as a disclaimer i never listened to londboy & have no feelings either way about Rio.
But if the dude's 24 and the girl said she was 18, best case scenario that's still a 6-year age difference between people when there's already the artist-fan dynamic of imbalance.
Just bc someone's 18 doesn't mean they're immune to manipulation, even if the other party doesn't think what they're doing is manipulation.
Seems like sketchy and suspect is the best the situation could possibly hope to be, but that's just my thoughts.

Rio has updated his blog with an apology + details on what happened

http://ameblo.jp/londboy-rio/entry-12265363536.html

//EDIT: LONDBOY's official blog has also updated:

http://ameblo.jp/londboy/entry-12265361855.html

Apparently Rio went to the police because the girl had been circulating their photos online when he wanted to part ways with her, upon which they found out that she was actually underage. Previously the girl had shown Rio an ID which indicated that she wasn't below 18, but it surfaced during the investigations that she had been passing off another person's ID as her own.

Because of this incident Rio will abstain from band activities until further notice.

Edited by hiroki

4 hours ago, Donttalkback said:

& as for parental consent is do you honestly think anyone would listen to their parents if they said "no, you can't see that boy" god no cause their approval isn't important, date & screw who ya wish!! I just don't belive he should have been arrested.

Which is exactly why they have the law and I think it's perfectly ok for parents to oversee who their irresponsible and immature kids are sleeping around with and legally enforce they can't be tricked and manipulated (so much or for so long) by an older person.

then be prepared to be called a rapist sympathizer

It hasn't been stated anywhere on the article that there was a rape scenario, stop taking things out of context to insult people.

9 hours ago, chemicalpictures said:

Yes, it is about being desperate and/or just plain stupid. There's no excuse. In 2017, you cannot use "few people are able to ignore animal instinct" as an argument. I don't know where you live,  but here there's a name for people who can't control their ding-dongs, and it's not a pretty one

Yes, I know what they're called. If you ever talked to me you'd probably know I don't approve any form of "casual sex". I was merely stating a fact, which is "most people can't keep it in their pants". If you can, and feel offended, then congratulations on being a little bit more evolved. 

5 hours ago, Donttalkback said:

Why should Rio have to fit a certain criteria to be deemed a "cincere romantic relationship"

Uh, because everyone else in Japan does. He's not above the law for being visual kei.

1 hour ago, hiroki said:

Apparently he went to the police because the girl had been circulating their photos online when he wanted to part ways with her, upon which they found out that she was actually underage.

1 hour ago, hiroki said:

The girl showed Rio an ID which didn't indicate that she was below 18. It surfaced during the investigations that she had passed off another person's ID as her own.

Can we admit she shares the blame now?

8 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

Uh, because everyone else in Japan does. He's not above the law for being visual kei.

I wasn't saying he was above the law for being visual kei. I just don't believe that a person has to comply to societies standards & rules to be deemed a "cincere romantic relationship" he is who is & his style is his. He's not going to be everyone's ideal type but for other's he is

1 hour ago, Donttalkback said:

I just don't believe that a person has to comply to societies standards & rules to be deemed a "cincere romantic relationship" he is who is & his style is his. He's not going to be everyone's ideal type but for other's he is

He wasn't in a sincere romantinc relationship XD He was banging his fan and trying to break up with her. I seriously doubt they went on real dates and met each other's families.

51 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

He wasn't in a sincere romantinc relationship XD He was banging his fan and trying to break up with her. I seriously doubt they went on real dates and met each other's families.

I highly doubt it as well but we can't expect everyone to live up to the standards & rules of what is considered to be a suitable relationship. He wanted a fling she wanted more, happens everyday.

3 minutes ago, Donttalkback said:

I highly doubt it as well but we can't expect everyone to live up to the standards & rules of what is considered to be a suitable relationship. He wanted a fling she wanted more, happens everyday.

That's why you are not supposed to eat where you shit.

That's why you are supposed to keep it in your pants, both men and women alike.

He should have known better and not fuck his fans xD but he didn't and now he's up to his neck.

yeah, I would love it if people actually lived up to suitable relationships standars... but can't force people to think with their brains.

Okay guys, get your nihongo skills tested then - please pinpoint where exactly this official police statement (so far) legitimizes your claims on middle-ground visitors here being "rapist sympathizers". Should we call you "fake ID apologists" then? That would be much worse in fact - people from the states should be clearly aware of this btw.

@hirokiand @Komorebinailed the most biasless take on this issue - you need to bring both parties to account here.

Edited by Alroy

5 hours ago, hiroki said:

Apparently Rio went to the police because the girl had been circulating their photos online when he wanted to part ways with her, upon which they found out that she was actually underage. Previously the girl had shown Rio an ID which indicated that she wasn't below 18, but it surfaced during the investigations that she had been passing off another person's ID as her own.

because rapists have never lied about their crimes before

59 minutes ago, Carmelzors said:

Should we call you "fake ID apologists" then?

i'd rather be that than a rape apologist so go for it hun!

4 minutes ago, herpes said:

except you can't be a rape apologist when there's no rape (other than in the little fantasy world you created for yourself when facts didn't go your way)

25 minutes ago, herpes said:

Look, there has been no proof on things like "rape" happening here - maybe you would like to share your own take w/ Nihongo mastery on what @hirokisaid? Only if you knew how apeshit crazy bangyas are really in general - to the point where, pardon, we may allow the explicit/chauvinistic phrase a la "They are asking for it" to be stated on reasonable grounds. Their intents have been nothing but the endgame of being shagged by their biases - was there something else than that? Something non-sexual? I doubt that could take place really,  unless you want to name one counter-example here.

So drop off that bias of "men are pigs, therefore VK bandomen are literally yakuza sexist cis-males" pseudo-theoretics and stick to all the available facts law officials have provided so far.

Edited by Alroy

7 minutes ago, herpes said:

Until he is caught lying you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. If he is caught lying, either the police or the girl in question will dispute his version of the events with undeniable facts very shortly. I still see no proof that he intended any harm to this girl with his penis, and instead thought he could leverage his position as a band member to get easy pussy. It's creepy as fuck, shady, and very suspect, and it probably happens a lot more than we care to admit, but it doesn't automatically make him guilty. It just makes him stupid, horny, and desperate. And none of what he did absolved the girl of any blame either - I just have even less details on her so I can't say anything yet. None of us can, so there's no point getting emotionally invested in this.

The real detail I want to know is what they were questioning RIO about for him to willingly divulge information about this girl and that this kind of slip up could even occur. There is a lot more to this story than the media is willing to let on. 

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

The real detail I want to know is what they were questioning RIO about for him to willingly divulge information about this girl and that this kind of slip up could even occur. There is a lot more to this story than the media is willing to let on.

Didn't Hiroki said he went to the police because the girl had photos of him she was threatening to post?

It would be interesting if there was something else to this whole story though.

^ There were 2 blog posts, one by Rio and one by the band's official account. The contents of both are similar (half of Rio's post was an extended apology) - except in Rio's post he mentioned the girl was circulating photos of them, and in the other one it mentioned she was disclosing the contents of their LINE conversations and letters.

As for the whole fake ID thing, I'm not sure if that's merely "Rio's version" of the story since (i) you'd think the official account would have verified it from a more reliable source than someone who's an alleged suspect in the case to avoid further embarrassment; and (ii) if there had been substantial discrepancies and/or reasonable doubt in Rio's account (it's a quite a bold claim after all) I doubt he would have been released so quickly. 

Edited by hiroki

24 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

Didn't Hiroki said he went to the police because the girl had photos of him she was threatening to post?

It would be interesting if there was something else to this whole story though.

Yes, but go deeper. What were the contents of these photos and LINE messages which were enough for him to get the police involved? There wouldn't be a threat involved unless there were some gravity to these pictures.

Now this looks like some kind of damage control, and probably the best decision he could've made imho. If the blogs are true, then he probably wasn't aware that the girl was underage (fake ids or not), and when he saw the shit was about to hit the fan, he went for spilling the beans upfront. Maybe there were dick pics or words that sounded like he was enticing minors and such. Going to the police not only ensures he is not avoiding responsibility, but shows he is willing to make himself available for questioning and follow up. it goes a long way on making the authorities trusting your story

8 hours ago, Zeus said:

Yes, but go deeper. What were the contents of these photos and LINE messages which were enough for him to get the police involved? There wouldn't be a threat involved unless there were some gravity to these pictures.

I don't think the contents of the photos/LINE messages are all that relevant, though. Private information is private information. I wouldn't want people sharing my photos or the conversations I have with my friends on LINE to the world and I'm a nobody. Privacy is an even bigger issue for people in the entertainment industry. Even if no one on MH cares about LONDBOY, the band has a decent enough following in Japan so I could understand Rio not wanting people to spread his private life around.  Especially since having a significant other often very negatively affects the career of an entertainer/musician in Japan. I mean a few years ago there was that AKB girl who shaved her head to apologize to her fans for a having a boyfriend. 

Edited by echo

Sign in to follow this