Sign in to follow this  
Sparrow

Alice Cooper

I'm curious how many other people on the board are fans of Alice Cooper? I did a search but didn't turn up any dedicated posts so...

Alice Cooper was my first rock love back in 2000. My favorite karate instructor played Hey Stoopid on the car ride to a tournament and the rest is history. I had heard some classic rock bands, as well as random alt-rock songs on the radio before then but that album was the first to start me on my path away from pop music. I love all eras of his/their music--the original band, early solo, even the oddball early 80s stuff he can't remember making--but I'm partial to his more recent stuff (which I classify as from Hey Stoopid (91) until now with 2016's Welcome 2 My Nightmare. Some of my favorite albums were released in this period.

I've managed to see him live twice, once coheadling with Marilyn Manson and a one man live. That second time I paid very handsomely to go backstage after the show and meet him. It was money very well spent!

Any other fans? :3

I'm pretty sure Alice Cooper is what essentially kickstarted my interest in rock music. My mom introduced me to his music when I was about 7 or 8.. Think it might've been connected somehow to his appearance on The Muppet Show. Parents gave me a greatest hits CD which ended up on heavy rotation. After that I somehow got my hands on his album Brutal Planet, I think it's still one of my favs so far (although to be honest, there's still a huge portion of his discography I haven't heard yet lol)...  Unfortunately never seen him live though. 

One of the first live DVDs I've ever owned was Alice Cooper: Brutally Live. Great memories.

Also, my knowledge of his output is kinda all-over-the-place: I really dig the old stuff cca. 1969-1973 and then I listened to Trash, Hey Stoopid and Brutal Planet, and that's it basically, lol. Great entertainer through and through tho.

Edited by Jigsaw9

Sign in to follow this