Sign in to follow this  
Sparrow

Hajimemashite!

Hello everyone! I found this forum looking for information about some new bands. I was really surprised because it seemed like Visual Kei was not popular anymore, so I felt like I should join! I first became interested in V-kei in 2005 when I did my first study abroad, though I stopped looking for new bands a few years ago. My favorite band is Merry. I got to see them live for the first time last month in Nipponbashi and have tickets to see them in Tokyo again during Golden Week!

I look forward to getting to know everyone and learning about some newer bands. So far I've started listening to 0.1g no gosan and Xaa Xaa, as well as learned that many of my old favorites are now disbanded. Sho ga nai.

Hello, welcome to MH

nice, I've listened to a few songs of Merry like Fukuro and Kasa to Ame.

Wow you've been a fan of visual kei since 2005, thats 12 years ago

I'm sure you'll get to listen to the newer bands, i'm sure your going to like some of them.

Enjoy your time.

20 hours ago, K-x-H said:

Hello, welcome to MH

nice, I've listened to a few songs of Merry like Fukuro and Kasa to Ame.

Wow you've been a fan of visual kei since 2005, thats 12 years ago

I'm sure you'll get to listen to the newer bands, i'm sure your going to like some of them.

Enjoy your time.

Thanks! Yeah, I did get started 12 years ago but I don't really think that's too impressive because I've been out of the loop for at least 5 years. I'm sure I will find some new bands I like too...I am basically obsessively checking the recommendations thread for suggestions lol

19 hours ago, sheepprincessgara said:

Yaaaay, another Merry fan!!! 💕 we're gonna be pals~

Welcome to MH!!

*squee* It is always a treat to meet other Merry fans!

Welcome! VK may not be as popular as it used to be but it still has a strong standing here! I got to see Merry about 10 years ago when they played in America. They were great, Gara is so intense on stage I really loved it. How did you like getting to see them?

*o* I still regret not going to see them at Jrock Revolution, that's so cool that you were there! I loved getting to see them so much. I really embraced the furitsuke so there were a lot of parts I couldn't see because head banging but the whole thing was indescribable. They played some songs I didn't know well, but they also played several classics (and Chiyoda-sen Democracy, which is my favorite of the recent singles!) and the acoustic version of Tick Tock! Seeing Nero play up close was incredible too, and all the wonderfully goofy faces he makes~

@SparrowNero is freekin great. I remember him talking a lot, "you are Merry's sixth member!! 8D" it was cute. lol I'm sad I missed the furi since it wasn't in Japan not many people knew it (and 10 years ago we didn't have as much access to learn it anyway. >>;; ) but I bet it was fun. Merry have so many songs at this point knowing them all is a feat for anyone. X"D I have fallen way behind on their recent work but this has me excited to go catch up now. :3 

Sign in to follow this