fitear1590

CD Shop questions

Every now and then CDJapan will send you a customer satisfaction survey to the email registered on their website. You just rate CDJapan and if you have any questions or comments you can leave them in a field at the bottom (I have left a question once and they responded to it a few days later. So they do read them)/ You'll then receive credit for the coupon upon completing the survey.

anyone ever buy a book(like magazine,artbook etc) from cdjapan? I wonder how would be the packaging for a book. :/ Will they pack it nicely with envelope or maybe other materials before it was shipped?

can help me out please? ^^;

I have never personally bought a book or mag from them, but I hear that they package everything very well so nothing is bent or damaged. When I ever received extras with items from them, they were always wrapped up and placed neatly with everything else. I think everything will be fine. ^^

Thanks! :banjo:

Does anyone ever tried to have their items shipped declared in lower price? Just to avoid the customs??

I only know yes asia does help,but I don't know others.

If you buy max. 2CDs they can package it discreetly, so it's less likely to go to customs and then they don't print the value on the parcel, but they refuse to underdeclare the value and they always put the invoice inside. Their stuff never went to customs for me though, but my friend ordered 2 DVDs from them and she had to pay the customs, so it's the matter of luck.

^Did the packaging was a small box? Probably the total amount price or the size of the packaging is big.

I ordered a cd of red universe and a dvd of deluhi. so I can't select for discreet option. I'm worried like hell now because I don't want to pay the customs. I wonder if I would get tax for bigger packaging. As for the price,it is below RM500 :D Jeez customs.

Both type of packagings are small, but they don't print the price on the 'discreet' one, just put the invoice inside. You can always ask them to mark it as a gift though :)

If you didn't pay with Paypal you should still be able to make changes to your order, I don't think they charge anything extra for it, it's a free option. Don't ask me how to make changes though, because I always pay with Paypal, so I can't do it.

I'm not sure about the survey coupons that arithmetica is talking about... (I'm intrigued though)

But for the winter coupon, just go here: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/coupon.html

If your account never got credited with a coupon, you should just be able to type in your email address again and get sent a coupon. I hope that works for you.

Thank you, it worked!

For those 'Mericuns still concerned about customs: I got a package from CDJapan and I didn't really see anything that looked like it had been messed with at all. :/

^

I've used puresound before and I had no real problems. It isn't as fast as a company like CDjapan and the credit card transaction isn't as smooth, but overall if you're looking for discounted secondhand and rarer items, it's definitely a good place to check out.

Haven't tried out the other site, though.

^

I've used puresound before and I had no real problems. It isn't as fast as a company like CDjapan and the credit card transaction isn't as smooth, but overall if you're looking for discounted secondhand and rarer items, it's definitely a good place to check out.

Haven't tried out the other site, though.

Hmmmm I'm kind of leerry on using my credit card. My boyfriend just had his card stolen and had a bunch of outrageous purchases on his statement :-S

SOOOOOOOOO! I have a funny question! I already have an Amazon Japan account, if I got an Amazon Japan Prime Membership would I get free International shipping? Has anyone tried that? Oh gawd that would be amazing.

I doubt it. At Amazon USA, only domestic addresses are eligible for prime shipping so I'm pretty sure the same applies to Japan. The Japanese Amazon Prime terms pretty much imply Japanese addresses only can get the free shipping benefits.

I doubt it. At Amazon USA, only domestic addresses are eligible for prime shipping so I'm pretty sure the same applies to Japan. The Japanese Amazon Prime terms pretty much imply Japanese addresses only can get the free shipping benefits.

I knew it seemed to good to be true :spin:

^so did you received yet your stuff from uzdcompany? it seems like the company sells bootleg/fake?

can anyone list out how much does every(you know) japanese webshops charge for domestic shipping? sometimes we can't just trust shopping services. o_O

^so did you received yet your stuff from uzdcompany? it seems like the company sells bootleg/fake?

Are you kidding me? God you're paranoid it's not even funny. How could it sell bootleg or fakes? It sells legitimate items, ive ordered like 10 items from there -_-

Oh I asked Celga about my order and they're pretty fail and spent their sweet ass time ordering the item for me. It came though, I just haven't had it shipped to the US just yet. I stopped using Celga for webshop orders to be honest, NOPPIN is faster and slightly cheaper too.

As for domestic shipping, for the most part domestic shipping is usually started in the invoice with the shopping services I have used. I don't think I've paid more then 500 yen on domestic shipping.

I stopped using Celga for webshop orders to be honest, NOPPIN is faster and slightly cheaper too.

Wtf is NOPPIN? I'm always up for new shopping services :o