fitear1590

CD Shop questions

I only ordered from CDJapan, but the shipping costs are OK compared to Amazon Japan. Still it's expensive. I spent like 7 euros on the single and 10 euros on the shipping. It would've been 20 if me and my friend hadn't ordered together...

The thing about cdjapan that everyone is complaining about probably has nothing to do with them. I've had similar things happen ordering from Kinokuniya. It was my bank withholding the charge until I guess they got confirmation from the company. Since it's overseas, it can take awhile. You just have to make sure to keep that money in your account when you order from Japan. Ordering from anywhere, not just cdjapan, can cause your bank to withhold the funds.

^ Agreed, you can score cheap things on Amazon.jp if you look. I recently bought a very rare CD for only $.45 USD ($9.00 SAL shipping) from there. Granted it was used and the exterior was not in optimal quality, but the disc itself was near mint and every thing went relatively smooth with the delivery process. Chinese CD vendors on Ebay also have a number of decently-priced used CD's, some with free shipping, so if your desperate to save I'd check there.

The only reason I liked CDJapan is because they have more options in regards to shipping. Sometimes I can't always afford the big EMS prices, so I like being able to go lower as needed. HMV, Amazon.jp (new items), and some others don't offer much else for overseas deliveries except EMS.

The only reason I liked CDJapan is because they have more options in regards to shipping. Sometimes I can't always afford the big EMS prices, so I like being able to go lower as needed.

I'm telling you, if you have a biggish order, that Fed Ex option starts getting cheaper than EMS and even the registered Airmail in some cases! Plus, it's soooo much faster.

Question: I heard someone on last.fm saying that you could buy live distributed vk cd's in bundles any one no where? I was thinking most likely japanese ebay? Tell me if you know. add a link if you will.

^ I wouldn't know one particular seller, but your best bet is an auction site like Yahoo Japan, Rakuten, or MBok. However, you'll need a deputy service like Celga to bid on them.

Celga's website is at http://www.celga.com and they have links to all those sites there.

You're welcome. I only registered on Celga, then read everything correctly... and they accept payment only in $, so that would be more expensive for me (my Paypal PLN-$ exchange rate+their $-yen exchange rate).

Slightly different question but what is this that I hear about restrictions to shipping to the USA from Japan?

Today I had a package arrive and it was the first time that customs ripped it apart. Brand-X had sealed everything in a bag for me and taped it to the inside of the box to keep everything from moving around during transit. Yet customs fucked that all up and the bag was tore open and the contents of the package was such a mess >:-\ Don't mess with my tranny band customs!

My two cents: Apparently due to terrorist fears, all items shipped to the United States via air from Japan that are over 16 oz. are restricted from being shipped into the country. However, if the shipper is registered with the Japanese Postal Service as an "approved shipper" (or something like that) then the restrictions do not apply. I'm pretty sure if you are buying from a reputable place like CDJapan or HMV or you are buying a small, lightweight item, I don't think there is a need for concern (but I am not completely certain, no websites have really posted anything about it). Not sure about Brand-X or how customs fits into all this, but I believe it should apply mainly to less established vendors (i.e. random Ebay users from Japan).

(If you click on the Celga link I posted, they have a link to the details).

Interesting... I've actually never experienced any customs shenanigans so far.

We'll see next week though, as I have a fairly big order coming in.

*btw, the 500yen off coupon for CDJapan I inquired about is available if anyone else was wondering*

Weird. . . although I'm betting it is also connected to the recent hysteria. :|

That still sucks though, they aren't charging any fees are they? Customs scares me, especially considering the awful delays and that items sometimes get lost waiting to get through.

Oh shush Americans, a lot of Europeans have to actually pay customs/taxes for... nothing actually. I'm lucky and I've never had to pay, but some people I know had to... and they were far from being happy.

anyone ever buy a book(like magazine,artbook etc) from cdjapan? I wonder how would be the packaging for a book. :/ Will they pack it nicely with envelope or maybe other materials before it was shipped?

can help me out please? ^^;

anyone ever buy a book(like magazine,artbook etc) from cdjapan? I wonder how would be the packaging for a book. :/ Will they pack it nicely with envelope or maybe other materials before it was shipped?

can help me out please? ^^;

I have never personally bought a book or mag from them, but I hear that they package everything very well so nothing is bent or damaged. When I ever received extras with items from them, they were always wrapped up and placed neatly with everything else. I think everything will be fine. ^^

Ok, another question, now about CDJapan coupon of 500yen off

I received an e-mail about it from them some weeks ago, but at that time I didn't care and I probably just exclude it. I thought it would be at my account, but today I was going to buy some stuff and it's not there.

Should I have kept that e-mail, or it has nothing to do with?

I'm not sure about the survey coupons that arithmetica is talking about... (I'm intrigued though)

But for the winter coupon, just go here: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/coupon.html

If your account never got credited with a coupon, you should just be able to type in your email address again and get sent a coupon. I hope that works for you.