fitear1590

CD Shop questions

Just found this shopping service site: whiterabbitexpress.com 

to add to the list. Any of you already know and have used this site? Please share your experience!

321806aae05c655bd1484a9845d4d22739cdf4.j

The highlights:

What stores can you buy from?

All of them! If you find it, we can buy it!

We are able to purchase from almost any online store and also offer an in-store pickup service for items unavailable online. 

We can also handle  Auction Sites like Yahoo Auctions and Flea Market sites such as Mercari and Fril.

Note: We currently cannot accept orders for Lush Japan.

Buying Service Fees

White Rabbit Express applies the following service fees to buying service orders :

$1.00 Per Item Fee / This is charged once for each unique item added to the cart. If you purchase 5 of the same item the per item fee is charged once only.

$4.00 Per Shop Fee / This is charged once for each unique shop you need us to purchase from.

12.5% Service Fee / A service fee of 12.5% is added to your item total.

These fees do not cover expenses we may incur from stores such as Domestic Shipping or COD/Bank Transfer fees. We allow you to pre-approve an amount to cover these expenses when submitting a request. For many stores these fees will not be applicable and we always charge actual rates that are charged to us by the store.

Special Cases

In-Store Pickup Fee: 2500 yen / hour plus transportation 

Ticket Purchasing Fee (if bought at convenience store): 1250 yen

What's Included

All of the following is including when you use our buying service.

Personal Assistance

Our shopping assistants are here to help.

Free Consolidation

We consolidate buying service packages at no additional cost.

Free Repacking

We repack your items for international shipment at no additional cost for most items. (We may need to charge for special handling of very large or delicate items).

Pre-order and Pre-Release

We can handle pre-order and pre-release items.

100% Moneyback Guarantee

If we can't buy your item, you get a full-refund.

What payment methods do you accept?

We accept payment by the following methods:

PayPal / Credit and Debit Cards (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover) / Alipay / Bitcoin (on request)

Do you ship to my country?

We ship to 125 countries!

Sorry but we are presently unable to ship to the following locations:

Vietnam

Indonesia

most African countries (we can ship to South Africa)

How long does shipping take?

International Shipping from Japan

Shipping times from White Rabbit Express depend on which shipping methods you choose.

EMS (Express Mail Service) / about 2-5 days

Airmail / usually 7-9 days

SAL (Surface Airlift) / 2-6 weeks

FedEx Economy / 2-5 days

Seamail (surface mail) / 1-3 months

EDIT: just did a simulation with a live limited cd from megamasso, used cd 1,944 yen. here's the result:

Spoiler

39481433df4dbc84be4a9695ccde422bb3413e.j

Edited by eiheartx

On 25/09/2016 at 2:53 PM, eiheartx said:

Just found this shopping service site: whiterabbitexpress.com 

to add to the list. Any of you already know and have used this site? Please share your experience!

321806aae05c655bd1484a9845d4d22739cdf4.j

The highlights:

What stores can you buy from?

All of them! If you find it, we can buy it!

We are able to purchase from almost any online store and also offer an in-store pickup service for items unavailable online. 

We can also handle  Auction Sites like Yahoo Auctions and Flea Market sites such as Mercari and Fril.

Note: We currently cannot accept orders for Lush Japan.

Buying Service Fees

White Rabbit Express applies the following service fees to buying service orders :

$1.00 Per Item Fee / This is charged once for each unique item added to the cart. If you purchase 5 of the same item the per item fee is charged once only.

$4.00 Per Shop Fee / This is charged once for each unique shop you need us to purchase from.

12.5% Service Fee / A service fee of 12.5% is added to your item total.

These fees do not cover expenses we may incur from stores such as Domestic Shipping or COD/Bank Transfer fees. We allow you to pre-approve an amount to cover these expenses when submitting a request. For many stores these fees will not be applicable and we always charge actual rates that are charged to us by the store.

Special Cases

In-Store Pickup Fee: 2500 yen / hour plus transportation 

Ticket Purchasing Fee (if bought at convenience store): 1250 yen

What's Included

All of the following is including when you use our buying service.

Personal Assistance

Our shopping assistants are here to help.

Free Consolidation

We consolidate buying service packages at no additional cost.

Free Repacking

We repack your items for international shipment at no additional cost for most items. (We may need to charge for special handling of very large or delicate items).

Pre-order and Pre-Release

We can handle pre-order and pre-release items.

100% Moneyback Guarantee

If we can't buy your item, you get a full-refund.

What payment methods do you accept?

We accept payment by the following methods:

PayPal / Credit and Debit Cards (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover) / Alipay / Bitcoin (on request)

Do you ship to my country?

We ship to 125 countries!

Sorry but we are presently unable to ship to the following locations:

Vietnam

Indonesia

most African countries (we can ship to South Africa)

How long does shipping take?

International Shipping from Japan

Shipping times from White Rabbit Express depend on which shipping methods you choose.

EMS (Express Mail Service) / about 2-5 days

Airmail / usually 7-9 days

SAL (Surface Airlift) / 2-6 weeks

FedEx Economy / 2-5 days

Seamail (surface mail) / 1-3 months

EDIT: just did a simulation with a live limited cd from megamasso, used cd 1,944 yen. here's the result:

Reveal hidden contents

39481433df4dbc84be4a9695ccde422bb3413e.j

I have used White Rabbit a few times in the past. I say their service is pretty good. They can be pretty slow at replying to your emails, and the fees that they charge can be pretty expensive compared to ZenMarket for example, but your stuff will reach you just fine ;)

Their language products are pretty cool too (Kana / Kanji Flashcards & posters, etc)

By the way, everyone MUST check out 'suruga-ya' if it hasn't been mentioned yet here. Then ship your orders to tenso.com ;)

Edited by kisumi kinbaku

Has anyone tried ordering from MADAME EDWARDA's official store page on their website?

http://www.madameedwarda.com/order/form.html

Any experiences? Do they even accept non-Jp orders? (it's not explicitly stated anywhere but I would guess they do, seeing how they wrote out some stuff in English too)

Edited by Jigsaw9

Asking those who have ordered directly from Suruga-ya before...is it possible to determine or ask if a release comes with its obi before you actually receive the thing?

That aside, +1 for the recommendation of Zenmarket.jp. Best deputy service I've used thus far -- 300 yen per order, no consolidation fee for multiple orders, 45 day storage period, a ton of different shipping options, and relatively quick answers to messages. The only rough experience I've had was the first time I had a poster shipped out from them (it got cracked during shipping; they failed to put the poster in a plastic/cardboard tube for protection), but I've never had a repeat of that.

Also, haven't seen it mentioned yet, so I'd like to put forward JPN-Depot for anybody looking for a package forwarding service. They're pretty cost effective and don't amp up your shipping charges ridiculously with tons of fees. They also offer bidding on Yahoo Auctions and a 'Buy-for-me' service to get stuff from webshops and whatnot, though they're a little less cost effective when it comes to directly purchasing things than Zenmarket is, generally. Their customer service is useful in that you can also inquire about places you're considering buying from and have them say whether the place seems legit or not.

Edited by SakuraFox512

On 25-3-2018 at 1:57 PM, Jigsaw9 said:

Has anyone tried ordering from MADAME EDWARDA's official store page on their website?

http://www.madameedwarda.com/order/form.html

Any experiences? Do they even accept non-Jp orders? (it's not explicitly stated anywhere but I would guess they do, seeing how they wrote out some stuff in English too)

Just try it out, they don't dislike foreigners at all so, it could be possible that they accept it.  In the worst case you get a no and sorry. 

On 4/2/2018 at 3:56 PM, SakuraFox512 said:

That aside, +1 for the recommendation of Zenmarket.jp. Best deputy service I've used thus far -- 300 yen per order, no consolidation fee for multiple orders, 45 day storage period, a ton of different shipping options, and relatively quick answers to messages.

In their site they say that 300yen are per item not per order though. (If you subscribe now they give you 300yen coupon)

Does FromJapan accept to write a lower value on the package? I searched on their site and they say nothing against it, so I'm hopeful.

Edited by Arkady

1 hour ago, Arkady said:

Does FromJapan accept to write a lower value on the package? I searched on their site and they say nothing against it, so I'm hopeful.

Yes. Also, all packages that aren't sent using the "Small Packet" option can be marked as gifts.

anyone from South America?

I only used cdjapan.  I tried registered SAL and Registered airmail because ems and fedex are really expensive here... and it worked very well. luckily one of my purchases arrived without customs fee!

But there are some cds and dvds I want and I can't find them on cdjapan. any other website available in english, which accepts paypal and let me know how much money I'm gonna spent?

Edited by keilu

1 hour ago, JukaForever said:

Doesnt cdjapan already offer the proxy service of getting any items for you

That's my last resort. I was looking for more options :)

47 minutes ago, LIDL said:

I use Dejapan, they're great.

thanks! I'll check it later!