fitear1590

CD Shop questions

I think there was a similar post on the old TW, so here it is again!

If you have any questions/concerns about the various CD shops, post them here.

I'll start.

(1) I ordered a CD from I.D.Pilot (http://idpilotonline.jp/) on June 26.

I got what appeared to be a confirmation email that same day, saying they got my order.

It's now July 14 and I haven't heard back from them. I emailed them about a week ago and still nothing...

Fortunately, it appears the money was never charged from my credit card.

Still, does anyone know what may be the problem?

(2) Does Puresound (http://www.puresound.co.jp/) have overseas shipping? For whatever reason, I was under the impression that they can ship overseas. I've looked on the site and I don't really see any "how-to" for overseas shipping, like brand x and closet child have. Maybe I missed it... So basically, if they DO indeed do overseas shipping, how do you do it?

Finally, a little update. I posted about CD Japan's new fedex shipping option on the old TW. There were some speculations about trouble with customs. I went through with my order of 2 CD albums anyway. I live in America and they arrived one day after the release date with no customs charges! So, at least if you're in the US, give it a try!

me again ;)

cant say much to point1, because i never had problems with them and i ordered at idpilot at least 30 times.

Seems like they accept all kinds of credit cards so i dont know why you had a problem with it.

But i guess its ok as long as it was never charged. But i think its a problem with payment then.

point 2:

yes they do.

look here for more information:

http://www.puresound.co.jp/mailorder_english.html

(2) Does Puresound (http://www.puresound.co.jp/) have overseas shipping? For whatever reason, I was under the impression that they can ship overseas. I've looked on the site and I don't really see any "how-to" for overseas shipping, like brand x and closet child have. Maybe I missed it... So basically, if they DO indeed do overseas shipping, how do you do it?

Puresound will ship overseas. If you can't find a link on the website, you might have to email them about it, if I remember correctly. However, it's been a while since I ordered anything from them. And protip: They sell their stock both off and online, so items go quickly. If it's something rare you want or there isn't much in quantity, order fast. It will disappear fast. Sometimes they don't update the site to state an item is out of stock, either, so you won't know until you ask them.

ETA: I see someone provided a link. Nevermind that part then!

Finally, a little update. I posted about CD Japan's new fedex shipping option on the old TW. There were some speculations about trouble with customs. I went through with my order of 2 CD albums anyway. I live in America and they arrived one day after the release date with no customs charges! So, at least if you're in the US, give it a try!
I guess I'll be using the FedEx option from now on.

yea that's awesome to know about the fedex option.. I've been wondering about it since I heard they was adding it. I guess I''ll be testing it out on d'espairs ray's new album :)

Oh. I don't have a question about any particular CD shop. But I do have complaints and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the following problem with CDJapan.

Every time - and I mean every time - I pre order anything from CDJapan, they send me the item on the release date but don't extract the appropriate amount of funds straight away. This has happened to me four or five times in a row. They don't take the money until at least two months after I've received the item and, of course, I don't know about it until I get a letter from my bank saying I am now overdrawn by however much the CD is. I'm so confused and frustrated about it because my online banking account even says they took the money when they sent it out, but they don't. Do they do this to anyone else? My bank has "forbidden" me from ordering from CDJapan because they're too slow and don't take the money I owe them when they give me their goods, but wait months instead.

Also, I've only ordered from YesAsia twice but both experiences were dreadful. The first time the two CDs were in poor condition (they were cheap, though, so I let it slide) and the second time they took more money from me than they should have.

This is why I only order from HMV and Amazon now. :|

Idk. I've never had anything like that happen to me on CdJapan, nor have heard anything like that happening to anybody before. weird.

Every time - and I mean every time - I pre order anything from CDJapan, they send me the item on the release date but don't extract the appropriate amount of funds straight away.

They did this when I ordered Versailles' goods and my brother ended up spending the money so now he owes $90 and I can never use him to buy anything online again. :(

Wow, FedEx is actually way cheaper than EMS and its faster. Doesnt make sense but its great ;)

just ordered something and EMS shipping cost would have been 3360yen and FedEx was ~2600yen.

I've never had that kind of thing with CDJapan actually, but it did happen with PlayAsia. They also delayed a long time giving me back money when they discovered one of my ordered items was no longer being sold.

(Turns out the label actually was manufacturing the item after all, after I contacted them. >_> )

Okay, continuing Puresound-related questions.

I emailed them with my order and they responded today.

After the summary of how much I need to pay (items+shipping cost+random fee), there's this huge paragraph.

????????????NICOS??????????????

NICOS HP?????????????????????

??????????NICOS HP?????????????????

????????????????????????????????????????

??????????????NICOS HP???????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????

?*????????????NICOS HP????????????????????????????????

??NICOS????????????????????????????????????????????????

???????1??????????????NICOS HP??????????????1??????????????????

?????????????????????

????????????????

So anyone who's ordered before, what exactly am I supposed to do at this point?

Wow, FedEx is actually way cheaper than EMS and its faster. Doesnt make sense but its great

thinking to try it with Schwein's new single!

@fitear

nicos is the credit card service they use. you will or already got a confirmation email from nicos and then u need to pay the amount within one week.

Concerning CD Japan taking out money at a much later date, that's happened to me too! The way I get around it is ordering through paypal instead, money goes out immediately and they are offering good things for using paypal there now, but I've ordered from CD Japan several times now and it all works out with paypal. ~D

Concerning CD Japan taking out money at a much later date, that's happened to me too! The way I get around it is ordering through paypal instead, money goes out immediately and they are offering good things for using paypal there now, but I've ordered from CD Japan several times now and it all works out with paypal. ~D
Yes! This has happened to me! I once ordered some items and then decided to cancel a few but they combined all the costs into one and when I went to check my pending account activity I had this massive charge pending. Almost $200! I freaked out and emailed them but sure enough it was all sorted out and I wasn't charged the $200. I still use a credit card with them but I keep in mind that it takes them awhile before I am finally charged.

NEW QUESTION

Does anyone know if/when CDjapan would send out their usual winter/christmas season coupon deal?

The 500 yen one, usually. I'm really hoping it's soon.

I want to place an order, but I almost had a heart attack when I saw the final price. The US dollar is utter shit right now! Need all the deals I can get!

Hum... I'd like to know what websites do oversea orders. I know cdjapan, yesasia, brand x and puresound, but any others?

Closet Child and HMV also. :) And I guess the Japanese Amazon page too (but I remember it as being expensive...same goes for CC too).

Hum... I'd like to know what websites do oversea orders. I know cdjapan, yesasia, brand x and puresound, but any others?

Closet Child and HMV also. :) And I guess the Japanese Amazon page too (but I remember it as being expensive...same goes for CC too).

CC expensive? I think its really cheap.

But yes. japanese amazon is incredible expensive for overseas shipping.

I use mbok, yahoo auction and ebay, but not for cds/dvds that are sold in stores.

oh, I forgot about HMV. And amazon is expensive? That's bad, some singles that I want I just saw avaliable there =/

And any of this stores with privilages? Like jishubanclub, zeal link, free.banz.jp (not sure about the name of this one), etc

Sometimes you got some nice things through them, but it's expensive to use a shopping service