Willen

Kra to make their first US appearance

C8fw-gwUQAIZ2fT.jpg

Surprise!

Kra will be the musical guest of honor at Kumoricon 2017 (October 27-29) which takes place at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland (Oregon, USA).

Here is the official description of the event:

Musical Guests of Honor

Kra is a Japanese visual kei band with a mix of pop, rock, and jazz sounds. Debuting in 2001, Kra soon signed on with the popular label PS Company. Kra made their major artist debut with their third single "Heart Balance" on September 21, 2006. They are credited with the first opening theme song for Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, "BONDS -kizuna-".

The band members are: Keiyuu on vocals, piano, and guitar, Taizo on guitar, Yuhra on bass, and Yasuno on drums. Kra's newest EPs, Uchuu Traveller CORE and Uchuu Traveller CELL were released in September of 2016. 2016 also marked Kra's 15th anniversary. They released a new album in January 2017, Kra no Susume, featuring new recordings of some of their classic songs.

With numerous Japanese tours and appearances under their belt, Kumoricon 2017 will be Kra's first appearance in the US!

You can follow the members on Twitter, and find out more information on their website.

Keiyu @kra_keiyu | Taizo @kra_taizo | Yuhra @yuhra_grooving | Yasuno @kra_yasuno

Official homepage: http://www.pscompany.co.jp/kra/

This is really exciting, I think their only live outside of Asia was in Cologne (Germany) in 2007 for the "J-ROCK INVASION" festival. I'm very jealous of the Americans right now!

Now this band is an actual underrated tbh, they goes on so long but seems not getting the same treatment that bands who came out the same year as them got. I mean, I rarely ever hear their name being mentioned in forums or such.

So good for them and their U.S fans.

On 4/5/2017 at 1:21 AM, LIDL said:

Now this band is an actual underrated tbh, they goes on so long but seems not getting the same treatment that bands who came out the same year as them got. I mean, I rarely ever hear their name being mentioned in forums or such.

So good for them and their U.S fans.

They have always been (and continue to be) pretty popular in the VK scene in Japan. Not sure why they never gained many overseas fans/stayed relevant overseas beyond their early career.