Sign in to follow this  
Willen

I do not eat frog legs

Hi there~

My name is Willen, I'm a 20yo guy from Paris. I'm a visual kei fan since 2008, when I discovered SuG. Since then, they have always been my favorite band and have opened me to a musical universe that has changed my life. Of course, I'm a big fan of pop/rock bands like BugLug, LM.C, Kra, ZORO, An Cafe, DOG inThePWO, ν[NEU]... but I also like regular visual kei bands like BORN, A9, the GazettE, ViViD... (that's a lot of PSC bands but these are part of my favorites). Beside that, I listen to a lot of pop music especially gay icons like Madonna, Mylène Farmer, Lady Gaga...

I'm still very open in music. Music is my true passion, I'll forever support it. I hate digital music (even if it's practical), I spend all my money in buying vinyls and CDs. In terms of visual kei, I have a huge SuG collection! If some of you are fans, you may know my fansite sagudesu and my Facebook page SuG Worldwide Community! I'm going to make my first trip to Japan this summer, out of love for visual kei. I already have my FC ticket for SuG's 10th Anniversary show at Nippon Budokan, I'm so excited!

To be honest, I already had an account there but with just a few useless posts and I wanted to make a fresh start because I really want to share with other visual kei fans. The situation of this movement that I love deeply makes me sad. In my opinion, people are too negative and should spend more time supporting groups they like rather than criticizing groups that are trying to succeed despite the decline of visual kei. You know, my favorite artists are often the most hated and I find it unfair. I used to be ashamed of my tastes because of this musical elitism but now I assume totally because it's simply the music that makes me happy.

Nice to meet you!

Welcome to MH

me too, i also liked the bands from PSC too because ever since i first listened to visual kei, i started with the PSC band and Major Visual kei bands back in my mid teens when i was at the age of 16, but now i focus more on indie bands myself. so i think you should try listening to other bands besides the ones you've listened too.

also there are also some members here who listens to pop music, so you'll get to find them.

Anyways, enjoy your time.

Thank you!

8 hours ago, K-x-H said:

me too, i also liked the bands from PSC too because ever since i first listened to visual kei, i started with the PSC band and Major Visual kei bands back in my mid teens when i was at the age of 16, but now i focus more on indie bands myself. so i think you should try listening to other bands besides the ones you've listened too.

Actually, I listen to many indie groups and I spend my time looking for new bands to discover. In these times of crisis in visual kei, I have never been so open to new groups. I quoted a lot of big bands because they remain my favorites, I've been listening to them for years. But recently I made a lot of cool discoveries!

Nice presentation! I used to like SuG a lot when they first started, but later they fell of my radar, however I sort of liked BLACK so I guess I've started to enjoy them again, haha. 

Anyway welcome to MH! 

2 minutes ago, Euthanasia said:

Nice presentation! I used to like SuG a lot when they first started, but later they fell of my radar, however I sort of liked BLACK so I guess I've started to enjoy them again, haha. 

Anyway welcome to MH! 

Thank you!

Which side of SuG do you prefer? Last year, they released two mini-albums to fill the fans on both sides, the colorful SuG (VIRGIN) and the dark SuG (SHUDDUP). I always preferred their dark side, I'm a fan of their heavy compositions!

C'est pourtant un mets délicieux :) (trnsltd: frog legs are tasty)

Welcome there.

I think I've never listened to SuG, I'm more into angura/nagoya-kei personnaly.

And got more pleasure of discovering indies band than following the Major.

But, I'm gonna try SuG :)

Welldone for your fanblog.

I wish I had the courage to hold a website about my favorites bands, but getting a little lazy  lol

Also, enjoy your trip in Japan !

I went to Japan for my first trip for a 10th anniversary also ^^ but 10th anniversary live and last live in same time :x

Wish you to enjoy the community there ;)

Edited by xriko

2 hours ago, xriko said:

Welcome there.

[...]

And got more pleasure of discovering indies band than following the Major.

Thank you xriko!

I get your point but my presentation do not mention the fact that I'm always listening to new vk bands, especially since 2 years. I didn't mention a lot of indie bands because most of my favorites had a short career and disbanded, and the new ones I listen to are too recent for me to mention them in a presentation topic! Recently, I'm very interested in some bands like Zombie, DADAROMA, Purple Stone, Pentagon, Kuroyuri to Kage and REIGN. I'm always excited to discover new bands, or the oldest ones I have never listened to. I've always been very oshare kei-oriented but since 2 or 3 years I'm very interested in darker bands cause I'm looking for heavier rock!

Edited by Willen

I'm a huge fan of SuG pretty much  since their debut. 'Virgin' is okay, and at first I hated SHUDDUP but now I'm in love with it. 

I really wish I could go to their budokan live, I'm proud of them for having come so far. Please write a live report for those of us who can't be there :'C

I used to be a huge LM.C fan but in the past years I haven't been interested on their releases. I think Monroe walk put me off them. But I should probably try their new stuff anyway. 

Also, Welcome~

Edited by Platy

@PlatyThank you! You can count on me, I'll be a true reporter!

I completely understand you about LM.C, they became boring since the release of PERFECT FANTASY in 2014. But they miraculously released VEDA in December. You really should listen to it!! I looooved it from beginning to end, this album has nothing to envy their classic albums. I want a new Europe tour :(

5 hours ago, Willen said:

@PlatyThank you! You can count on me, I'll be a true reporter!

I completely understand you about LM.C, they became boring since the release of PERFECT FANTASY in 2014. But they miraculously released VEDA in December. You really should listen to it!! I looooved it from beginning to end, this album has nothing to envy their classic albums. I want a new Europe tour :(

I have been waiting for them to come to Europe again since 2009. It's about time they come back. I'll try out VEDA :grin:

1 hour ago, Platy said:

I have been waiting for them to come to Europe again since 2009. It's about time they come back. I'll try out VEDA :grin:

They came after the release of STRONG POP in 2012! It was my first (and only) LM.C concert!

Edited by Willen

Sign in to follow this