Takadanobabaalien

X Japan new album scheduled for 30th of TBD

11 hours ago, qotka said:

You know how sometimes you go years turning a blind eye on bullshit and drama-queendom and then something seemingly not out of the ordinary makes you flip?

So this tweet.

Hide contents

I know a lot of vkei is people being really emotionally invested in bands and their narratives, but this is just BAD. I don't wanna think about how some of the people who are TRULY invested in this might react if something happens.

Interpret this for me. What isn't coming next year? I am so confused.

I can't believe it's also taken me this long to ask this question, but what does Yoshiki's hospitalization have to do with the physical pressing and release of the album? Where did the idea that it would be delayed again come from? The recording should already be done. The accompanying tour can always be delayed. It probably should, considering how a strong breeze could put Yoshiki out of commission at this point. If they haven't announced anything by now, it should still be coming out....but then where are the previews or album cover or even a track list?

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

I can't believe it's also taken me this long to ask this question, but what does Yoshiki's hospitalization have to do with the physical pressing and release of the album? Where did the idea that it would be delayed again come from? The recording should already be done. The accompanying tour can always be delayed. It probably should, considering how a strong breeze could put Yoshiki out of commission at this point. If they haven't announced anything by now, it should still be coming out....but then where are the previews or album cover or even a track list?

At this point, if the recordings actually existed, the internet would've been flooded with promos, advertisements and 'buy all 5 versions get a Yoshiki hug-pillow' giveaways. He's not the person who's supposed to print and package the CDs, so what's the problem?

I guess milking his medical condition, traveling to France 2 weeks post-surgery for movie-related promotions and saying he might not be able to tour next year in a way that could also insinuate he might be dead by then is a lot more fun?

(Bonus: drama has the potential of making everyone forget they promised to release an album by the end of the month??)

Edited by qotka

Yoshiki cares more about his Yoshikitty dolls than this album :D

Inb4 this new  album's chance to be release is as high as S.K.I.N's release a singles 

7 hours ago, Zeus said:

Well, I would say that most of people on MH know about how much of a drama-queen Yoshiki is. Album has been delayed numerous times. Many things by X were delayed by Yoshiki numeroues times. Hell, his CD with new X's music got "STOLEN" two-three years ago, if I am not mistaken.

So, there's a possibility, that no music has been recorded seeing as there's no preview (and Yoshiki would have capitalized the hell out of the CD), so this accident is a perfect excuse for not releasing a CD (which might not even exist).

8 hours ago, qotka said:

(Bonus: drama has the potential of making everyone forget they promised to release an album by the end of the month??)

It is safe to assume that at this point we'd forget about it anyway!

From X Japan's Facebook:

X JAPAN TOUR CONFIRMED

During a press conference held in Tokyo on June 9th, X Japan members Toshl, Pata, and Heath, along with host Udo Artists, Inc., announced that the “X JAPAN WORLD TOUR 2017 WE ARE X” concerts in Japan at Osaka-jo Hall (July 11 and 12) and Yokohama Arena (July 14, 15, 16, and 17) will be performed as acoustic concerts. The title of the tour will be changed to “X JAPAN WORLD TOUR 2017 WE ARE X Acoustic Special Miracle 6 DAYS.”

Although Yoshiki successfully underwent cervical artificial disk replacement surgery and has already started the rehabilitation process, doctors have instructed him to stay away from vigorous exercise for at least 6 months and he cannot play the drums for the time being. However, since Yoshiki does not want these scheduled concerts to be canceled due to his surgery, X Japan members explained during today’s press conference that these performances will continue as “acoustic” concerts, where Yoshiki will only play the piano. 

During the conference, there was also a phone call from Yoshiki, who is currently going through recovery in Los Angeles. After conveying his message of “I want to move forward. I’d love to be given a chance to do the shows,” Yoshiki also revealed that the “EVENING WITH YOSHIKI 2017 IN NAGOYA & OSAKA & TOKYO JAPAN” premium dinner shows this summer will also continue as scheduled.

http://udo.jp/concert/Xjapan

How does the acoustic tour differ from their normal ballad after ballad setlist?

But in all seriousness X has had some pretty cool acoustic gigs in the past. I simply love the acoustic version of Rose of Pain.

This actually sounds more exciting than a normal X concert these days. No more overexhausted post drum solo falling down and concert delays!
Toshi already knows how to hold down an acoustic live on his own with session guys during his solo lives so having Pata/Sugizo/Heath will be top notch.

And maybe this will mean they'll dust off those tracks that Yoshiki doesn't want to play anymore:

The aforementioned Rose of Pain live back in 94:

55 minutes ago, Zeus said:

If they don't release the album on the 30th the scene should just boycott all X activities until it's released. Enough with this dick teasing.

This is not a bad idea. 

I think the best way to really drive the point home to the fan base would be to make some sort of hilarious photo meme series.

One half of the meme could be an image with Yoshiki and some release date announcement or tease announcement - there are probably countless moment since they reunited. The other half could be what Yoshiki was really doing instead. i.e.: hanging out with random celebrities, going to events, doing selfies holding a hello kitty doll, promoting some weird product.

I mean, we fans have to keep ourselves entertained through the let-downs, shouldn't we!?

the optimist in me is lowkey wishing he'd just mail out blank cd-rs with some exclusive hide cheki and a handwritten "yes. THIS is the new album. i've been messing with y'all for that many years now #deal_with_it" notes and some not-for-retail-sale yoshikitty candy to make pownage less poignant but i'll keep waiting for actual confirmed tea ofc