Jump to content
Takadanobabaalien

X Japan new album scheduled for 30th of TBD

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Kiyoharu is God said:

 

Except it isn't?

 

I get bashing X or HYDE for the never coming album or recent music (VAMPS, that garbage solo single), but passing judgement on a 30 sec sample of a track is stupid.

 

So far I still get VAMP-vibes... May as well be VAMPIRE'S LOVE (which I like). 

 

The anime nerds prob won't like it since it doesn't fit with the previous OPs.  But those openings themes sucked anyway.

Guren no Yumiya is ten times better than this, and I am not even a big fan of the anime nor its OPs. I'm just saying that this particular song from Yoshiki and Hyde doesn't catch nor fit the entire premise of AoT. 

 

(At least Guren no Yumiya is catchy AF and you have to admit it got stuck in your head at some point in time knowing how popular and "meme"-fied the song is. Red Swan.... I even forgot how it sounded after just a couple of minutes from listening to it. :-/)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Kiyoharu is God said:

I get bashing X or HYDE for the never coming album or recent music (VAMPS, that garbage solo single), but passing judgement on a 30 sec sample of a track is stupid.

I don't care for X or Hyde, but I've seen this defence over the years several times and I've never understood the reasoning. Of course, there's a larger context but ultimately this is a preview, tease or a trailer, we're meant to look at it with an indication, considering common logic they'd be showing us the best part or part of, to entice us, to get us excited and drawn in. If that trailer, teaser, probe, is bad, then it put forwards a bad tone for what the whole product will be.

It's not definitive, we've seen many a bad tease for a good product but it's not something that you could bank a defence on, in my opinion. 
"Stupid", it is clearly not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, the song is okay but that's just distraction from the album that's still not here. I could give a rat's ass if the song is good or not, because we're only going to hear 30 seconds of it and most of us stop watching the anime as soon as the ending theme starts. It could be worse, it could be better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not a bad anime song per se, but it's completely unsuitable as an OP of that kind of anime. I doubt they were asked for a ballad. I think they were given free artistic rein to entice them to work on it and now who commissioned them are kinda regretting it, maybe.

Maybe as an ending theme it could have worked much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only manga readers will understand why the OP for 3rd season of SNK is this mellow. IMHO this is well suited OP for this season.

All of you who only watch the anime, get ready, nothing will ever be the same again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LIDL said:

Only manga readers will understand why the OP for 3rd season of SNK is this mellow. IMHO this is well suited OP for this season.

All of you who only watch the anime, get ready, nothing will ever be the same again.

This is exactly what I was going to say.

I wanted an "epic" track too but after understanding that this season is more "emotional" it does makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this was intentional, then perhaps I will be eating my words in a few week and saying it's better than I gave it credit for. One little quibble I have is that the song fades out too fast before it cuts to the title card and the rest of the episode, as if the song faded out naturally and then someone added another fade out on top of it.  I'll revisit my feelings at the end of the season and see where I stand on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Zeus said:

If this was intentional, then perhaps I will be eating my words in a few week and saying it's better than I gave it credit for. One little quibble I have is that the song fades out too fast before it cuts to the title card and the rest of the episode, as if the song faded out naturally and then someone added another fade out on top of it.  I'll revisit my feelings at the end of the season and see where I stand on it.

There’s probably another section there, but it starts too soon for them to do a slower fade out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Saishu said:

There’s probably another section there, but it starts too soon for them to do a slower fade out. 

I was going to say that they sometimes record a 90 second version of the song just for this purpose, but then I remembered we were talking about X JAPAN here and them recording and releasing anything is an accomplishment in itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding my unecessary two cents.

 

AoT season 3 OP is just awful. As a song on its own it's meh at best. Yoshiki really needs to find something else to do that isn't music related, maybe working at the conbini. He's wasted so much time talking about this new album that's never coming. What an unproductive life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, yuugure said:

Adding my unecessary two cents.

 

AoT season 3 OP is just awful. As a song on its own it's meh at best. Yoshiki really needs to find something else to do that isn't music related, maybe working at the conbini. He's wasted so much time talking about this new album that's never coming. What an unproductive life.

fantastic life advice!!! congrats on completing that life coaching course!!!!

Edited by saishuu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2018 at 12:28 AM, LIDL said:

Only manga readers will understand why the OP for 3rd season of SNK is this mellow. IMHO this is well suited OP for this season.

All of you who only watch the anime, get ready, nothing will ever be the same again.

But did they ever say what was in the basement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, inartistic said:

But did they ever say what was in the basement

They do. It will be on this 3rd season too, since I heard S3 will be covering up until chapter 90 in the manga, and the Basement episode happened few chapters prior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, inartistic said:

But did they ever say what was in the basement

That basement is the most overhyped thing in this series. It won't be worth it, trust me lol. 

 

The song is growing on me, but I think it should be an ED. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel this sounds like an L'Arc~en~Ciel or HYDE song and there is no distinct feeling of Yoshiki or X Japan in it. L'Arc have done plenty of songs that sound like this and the piano doesn't have any distinct Yoshiki nuances. However, I enjoy the song and it doesn't sound like the other AOT openings, but I don't think it needs to be seeing as most anime openings change drastically by the season ala, and I'm dating myself here; AKFG and L'Arc in FMA and Bivatchee and Home Made Kazoku in Bleach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The SNK OP isn't my style, but I can see the appeal. I do agree that it should be an ED and definitely sounds more like L'Arc/HYDE as a couple of other users said, but I don't think that it's dreadful or horrible because of that. It's just an anime OP, so I can't say I was expecting much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×