Takadanobabaalien

X Japan new album scheduled for 30th of TBD

"Adding finishing touches to the new album" 

Does anyone still believe him? He made more hashtags of himself than of the band

8 hours ago, rekzer said:

"Adding finishing touches to the new album" 

Does anyone still believe him? He made more hashtags of himself than of the band

#Yoshiki-Japan

Also, it "will feature" Marylin Manson... why?

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/05/x-japan-new-album-marilyn-manson/

Edited by EvilHippy

I don't know why but it feels like every single interview, review or article written about X Japan or Yoshiki in particular in the west are a bought shill piece ghost-written by Yoshiki himself. The amount of critical questions regarding the delay are always nil. 

Much of the LP was recorded at Yoshiki’s private Los Angeles studio and apparently has been in the works for almost 10 years. (An album was originally announced in 2016, but a serious medical situation with guitarist Pata led to that version being shelved.)

I guess a guitarist falling sick is now legit reason to scrap the whole album, even though it was supposedly finished and the member returned to the band after recovering?

“I know it’s a long time, but when you listen to the sound you’ll understand why it took that long,” Yoshiki assures fans. “99% of the songs are in English and it’s our first record targeting a worldwide audience.”

So either the album has 100 songs, which it better have after this long wait, or Yoshiki doesn't understand how percentage works. 

“ [...] but I try to focus on the rock side which is my strength. I also try not to think about what people and X Japan fans want.  [...]”

It's nice he's acknowledging that he doesn't care what fans want, he NEEDS to make his English CD because this is really all about him getting to mingle some more with C-list celebrities at baseball events. See also that the magazine claims it's an interview with the band, yet only Yoshiki seems to be interviewed.

Just disband already, this has been a train wreck for ten years by now.

This is embarrassing.. This guy is a narcissistic scumbag. He still lives in L.A. right? He should just form his own project. The other members obviously aren't involved much in X at all beyond some lives here and there. 

Edited by lichtlune

12 minutes ago, lichtlune said:

This is embarrassing.. This guy is a narcissistic scumbag. He still lives in L.A. right? He should just form his own project. The other members obviously aren't involved much in X at all beyond some lives here and there. 

And what would be the artistic output of this "new" project? Nothing, because that's what YOSHIKI produces musically. NOTHING, just like S.K.I.N.. They haven't produced a new album that's a decade in the making, with three deadlines that have come and passed by now. They haven't remastered their old albums to give us anything in the meantime. The album's been 90% done in perpetuity. And somehow he has the nerve to sell $300 tickets to an event where they play nothing new.

I have half a mind to lock this topic because this album is never coming out, but I enjoy the salt too much.

54 minutes ago, Jeen said:

It's gonna be legen... wait for it...

Hide contents

wait for it

Hide contents

wait for it

Hide contents

wait for it

Hide contents

diarrhea

disappointed this didn't end with "wait for it"

If yoshiki finish the almost there finishing touches, will he almost touches the touches almost finished there, or there will be others not finished touches to finish almost there touches ?

3 hours ago, Jeen said:

If yoshiki finish the almost there finishing touches, will he almost touches the touches almost finished there, or there will be others not finished touches to finish almost there touches ?

At this point it's just an endless loop of finishing touches, re-re-recordings and Yoshiki's bullshits.