Takadanobabaalien

X Japan new album scheduled for 30th of TBD

2 minutes ago, platy said:

Are you serious? I can't tell since this is X Yoshiki we're talking about. 

Real news unfortunately.

The common people can go to a live viewing for just 4800yen

9 minutes ago, qotka said:

X Japan in Zepp Diver City Tokyo.

Standing tickets: 30,000yen

2nd floor tickets: 50,000yen

VIP Package (separate fee): 30,000yen

WHO'S IN

30,000yen standing? standing sex?

4 minutes ago, qotka said:

Real news unfortunately.

The common people can go to a live viewing for just 4800yen

For ¥30,000 I expect them to take me out to a holiday resort all expenses included.  I wonder who will actually pay that price. 

14 minutes ago, qotka said:

X Japan in Zepp Diver City Tokyo.

Standing tickets: 30,000yen

2nd floor tickets: 50,000yen

VIP Package (separate fee): 30,000yen

WHO'S IN

Are you breathing well, Katia? XDD

Also DAMN THAT PRICE SON ! Yoshiki, please cut down some zeros for a change XDD

1 minute ago, platy said:

For ¥30,000 I expect them to take me out to a holiday resort all expenses included.  I wonder who will actually pay that price. 

so far i see people mostly taking the piss out of this on twitter. i kinda hope it doesn't sell out.

3 minutes ago, platy said:

Or at least get me some of Yoshiki's expensive wine wrapped in golden tin foil XD

This is fucking absurd, pardon my Language. I just .... I can’t stick up for this band anymore I think. This is completely insane to be charging this amount of money to see a band perform the same songs they’ve performed for the last ten years in preparation for an album that’s never coming. This is absolutely ridiculous. 

i swear to god, this band has to be one of THE most extreme examples of bands just fucking up their own legacy entirely in music history

Does the ticket price include a demo version of their new album?

Or do the people who pay the vIP are secretly given a hint of the release date?

I don't see how playing a small venue (capacity is up to 2,500 from what I see) justifies that price though. Many smaller acts perform there and charge 4000-7000~ per ticket, I assume without losing money if they sell well enough, which means X Japan's profit from this is going to be ridiculous.

They already have a system that makes reselling practically impossible (it's a lottery, you can only apply for one ticket, it's gonna have your name on it and they'll be ID'ing people at the entrance), and since it's a lottery, everyone will get a fair chance to buy one. I really don't understand what kind of justification they could possibly have for this price, other than "but we're X Japan!!! (/I'm Mana?? lol)".

32 minutes ago, qotka said:

I don't see how playing a small venue (capacity is up to 2,500 from what I see) justifies that price though.

I agree, it doesn't. But Yoshiki knows he got thousands and thousands of rabbid fans who will pay that price and he can therefore charge it, I guess. 

37 minutes ago, qotka said:

I don't see how playing a small venue (capacity is up to 2,500 from what I see) justifies that price though. Many smaller acts perform there and charge 4000-7000~ per ticket, I assume without losing money if they sell well enough, which means X Japan's profit from this is going to be ridiculous.

They already have a system that makes reselling practically impossible (it's a lottery, you can only apply for one ticket, it's gonna have your name on it and they'll be ID'ing people at the entrance), and since it's a lottery, everyone will get a fair chance to buy one. I really don't understand what kind of justification they could possibly have for this price, other than "but we're X Japan!!! (/I'm Mana?? lol)".

They're probably simulating a luxury version the  Coachella festival (what if they have Beyonce come up the stage, maybe that's why the price has so many zeros in it XD)

Bet you it will get sold out though XD. The X Japan fans I've met in Japan seemed to be having a thicc™ bank account and, even though they complain about being expensive, they might still give it a go just for the heck of it.

I'm not a fan and really don't care but it doesn't sound that unfair to me honestly.

If it's only 4,000 seats they won't be able to pay off the usual fee the band members get for a show, so regular ticket prices  wouldn't make it profitable enough for their standards I suppose. 

Also they are branding it as a premium show and Richard Fortus and Wes Borland will be guests too so that sounds kind of fair if you are a big fan of the band and want to see them at a smaller venue for once. Not so hardcore fans would not pay for that so that's why they are having  it at a 4,000~ venue to begin with isn't it. Fans who don't care about premium gigs and just want to see them live can just go to their regular gigs and pay the regular tix price.

Edited by 薔薇の末裔

That prices just converted to $285-$470, sans tax I suppose? And honestly it isn't that much, especially they are kind of that legend act there. I don't see what's wrong with that honestly.

Many nostalgia acts in the West just cost as much or even more, much more, when they did their nostalgia tours regionally. Nobody mind.

As musicians, tours and merchandise are still their main income, so just about time Japanese bands keep up with that pricing standard. 

10 hours ago, 薔薇の末裔 said:

I'm not a fan and really don't care but it doesn't sound that unfair to me honestly.

If it's only 4,000 seats they won't be able to pay off the usual fee the band members get for a show, so regular ticket prices  wouldn't make it profitable enough for their standards I suppose. 

And how does them doing this because they want to make bank make this fair? lol

8 hours ago, LIDL said:

That prices just converted to $285-$470, sans tax I suppose? And honestly it isn't that much, especially they are kind of that legend act there. I don't see what's wrong with that honestly.

Many nostalgia acts in the West just cost as much or even more, much more, when they did their nostalgia tours regionally. Nobody mind.

As musicians, tours and merchandise are still their main income, so just about time Japanese bands keep up with that pricing standard. 

Lmao you're forgetting a few important factors 1 they haven't been on some kind of long standing hiatus or something which is the case with many western bands who did similar things. 2 Those same western bands would charge less if it were a smaller venue and only charge in the upward 300s for larger venues. 3 Very often when western bands do tours of this sort they still offer tickets at a lower cost for seats that aren't as close to the stage and not just 2 set prices. 4 also they've been promising a new album for years now which makes the whole concept of performing old ass songs for no reason even more ridiculous.

Sorry guys but this is just another shameless cash grab. And to echo @Tokagethey are most definitely ruining their legacy in fact I really don't know if it could get any worse at this point, especially after the "We are X" sound track, good god!

Edited by Mamo