Takadanobabaalien

X Japan new album scheduled for 30th of TBD

On 8/25/2017 at 8:39 AM, ShanethVarosa said:

My naive brain thought that maybe when the October Vogue comes out there will be an interview with the official album information, release date, name, track list the whole 9. But of course that's just me being stupid.

It's already out, but I doubt there's any info like that there 😆

http://jrock247.com/2017/09/evening-with-yoshiki-premium-dinner-show-2017-begins-in-nagoya/#more-14752

JRock247-Yoshiki-Dinner-Show-Nagoya-2017

On Saturday, August 26, 2017, the Yoshiki Premium Dinner Show — “EVENING WITH YOSHIKI 2017 IN NAGOYA & OSAKA & TOKYO JAPAN” — kicked off with a first-time-ever performance in Nagoya.

This marks the fourth year of this concert series, offering fans a precious once-in-a-year opportunity to see a YOSHIKI performance in an up-close and intimate setting. Accordingly, tickets for all 7 performances were immediately sold out after becoming available. Because the demand for tickets has been overwhelming every year, additional seating was quickly added to the Nagoya and Osaka performances even after the original establishment of the show layout. The opportunity to see YOSHIKI — who has conquered musical venues all across the world for crowds of over 10,000 a night — in such a rare, intimate setting is a privilege only this premium dinner show can provide. Over the course of three-and-a-half-hours, the live performance was held for 500 lucky guests who were able to acquire the limited edition tickets.

Guests were greeted by the sight of an illuminated drum set and a crystal piano. At the entrance to the venue were two enormous panels, displaying an image of YOSHIKI performing at a piano and a towering reproduction of YOSHIKI’s cover image of Vogue Japan, which went on sale August 28th and garnered enormous media attention for being the first time a Japanese male has ever graced the magazine’s cover. From the ceiling, several chandeliers glittered, while the tables were set with a beautiful, finely prepared dinner menu created under YOSHIKI’s personal supervision. The YOSHIKI original wine, several original souvenirs specially prepared for the event, and limited edition dinner show merchandise are always a highlight each year for the fans.

Beginning with his masterpiece, “The Last Song,” the performance featured “La Venus” (the main theme of the documentary film We Are X), “Anniversary” (composed in honor of Emperor Akihito’s tenth anniversary), and the “Golden Globe Theme” from the Golden Globe Awards. Accompanied by strings and vocalists Katie Fitzgerald and Ashley Knight from overseas, YOSHIKI also performed “Unfinished”, “Rose of Pain”, and “Longing” for a total of 15 songs.

ah yes, iconic X-Japan hits such as Golden Globe Theme... epic bangers...

also love how they describe the guest vocalists as just being ''from overseas''

Edited by Tokage

Nothing beat listening to Endless Rain and Tears whilst sipping Yoshiki labeled Sauvignon :D

I heard this event was to raise some charity? If that so, it is such good cause.

I love to pretend she is visibly cringing at either playing la penus for the 300th time or at everyone gathered there to hear ha abusing that piano while reveling in the light of blown-up vogue cover (rather than being malformed by botox, which is likely the case there)

Sometimes I go back and watch that old YouTube clip of Yoshiki going apeshit on some studio engineer just to laugh at it. Also to laugh at all the comments from the Cult of Yoshiki basically praising him for being a douchebag.