Sign in to follow this  
nekkichi

Shinya of Dir en grey new solo project SERAPH

Interesting. The DIRU IZ DED OMFG conversation has come up constantly since THE FINAL, and we've laughed it off as ridiculous. Now we're in a weird position where 3/5 of the band are doing other things, and the band themselves have been extensively touring most of their old material from past to present like some kind of last hurrah. These could be the final days. On the other hand, Dir en grey is WAY too big to just lie down. There's money there, whereas I doubt most people will care too much about these side-projects. Perhaps they're feeling creatively bankrupt as Dir en grey and need to move on. Or maybe these solo endeavours exist simply to fill in the down-time between DEG tours. 

Of course, we can speculate, but there's really no way of knowing.

25 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Interesting. The DIRU IZ DED OMFG conversation has come up constantly since THE FINAL, and we've laughed it off as ridiculous. Now we're in a weird position where 3/5 of the band are doing other things, and the band themselves have been extensively touring most of their old material from past to present like some kind of last hurrah. These could be the final days. On the other hand, Dir en grey is WAY too big to just lie down. There's money there, whereas I doubt most people will care too much about these side-projects. Perhaps they're feeling creatively bankrupt as Dir en grey and need to move on. Or maybe these solo endeavours exist simply to fill in the down-time between DEG tours. 

Of course, we can speculate, but there's really no way of knowing.

They can't break up until they do Mode Of Missa :U

23 minutes ago, SEKHMET said:

They can't break up until they do Mode Of Missa :U

Maybe they'll do a [mode of mini-album] or [mode of b-side] where they play MISSA and six Ugly in their its entirety along with non-album tracks like Toriko, Ash, and ain't afraid to die.

Edit: Looks like they performed six Ugly in the [mode of Kisou] tour.

But this is a thread about Shinya. 

I wonder if there's going to be a greater focus on percussion? It does say it's a 'solo' project, so it stands to reason that Shinya will be front and centre, while DECAYS and sukekiyo are definitely new bands.

Edited by Nowhere Girl

3 hours ago, Disposable said:

I could have lived without ever seeing that photo.

she bullying the "i lost 30 lbs for vk god and creatur yohio" crowd w. it

Edited by nekkichi
fuck phone input

i've been waiting for the day when i come by this forum and see the topic "Ruki (the gazette) new solo project"

that's kinda nice,but i don't care 

2 hours ago, Vercingetorix said:

Guess he got bored of filling DeG's downtime sessioning - not sure why we're predicting DeG's death: we've all heard of L'Arc-en-Ciel and LUNA SEA, right?

i guess this pretty much sums up what i wished to say -

i cant really see dir en grey breaking up -- yet

but wow, i couldnt see this coming,

and yet, i did. im curious tho, if this is going to be somewhat similar concept to what ruka did with.

Well, I enjoyed his DeG penned songs (Hotarubi, Umbrella, Fukai, Raison d'etre) so we'll see what he is coming up with this project.

I feel like Dir en grey has one more album up their sleeves... i hope anyway.

I feel like this will be some weird ambient instrumental stuff with random guest vocalist.

Sign in to follow this