Alkaloid

RAZOR new single "LIQUID VAIN" release

I do have to say that Tsurugi does look the best even though I'm biased with Ryoga<3<3<3

That Final Fantasy hair do is giving me life<3 and the Look is just so amazing

The title song sounds great, second track is cool as well but the third one didn't really catch my attention. Overproduced as usual but we can say it's their signature sound now I guess ?

Edited by Kiryu999

as said above,the title song sounds  overproduced like the title song of their first single,but sounds better

just like DADAROMA i wanna hear from this band more deathcore than pop rock with some metalcore influences 

but good tracks...

Liquid Vain will take some time to grow on me, but I love the sound of the B-sides. Over produced, definitely, but they're making it sound palatable, at least to me.

14 hours ago, chemicalpictures said:

The second track sounds interesting, but the other two are totally passable. The best one was ANOTHER playing during the announcement of the tour venues, lol

less born, more MBHI is the way to go

Maybe when you say they sound more like BORN is due to Ryoga's voice, probably? Because I don't think they are similar to BORN in their music way, Kouryu is totally different than Ray or K when playing guitar, same for Tetuya and TOMO. RAZOR makes use of the djent think, which never were a BORN related.

I love BORN and MBHI, but I wish they could sound like MBHI but this is not possible, Ryoga and Tenten are totally different vocalists. Maybe we should let RAZOR being RAZOR.

As for the previews, it will take a bit of time to grow on me. Hope that it end up being good like their first two releases.

22 hours ago, yakihiko said:

Maybe when you say they sound more like BORN is due to Ryoga's voice, probably? Because I don't think they are similar to BORN in their music way, Kouryu is totally different than Ray or K when playing guitar, same for Tetuya and TOMO. RAZOR makes use of the djent think, which never were a BORN related.

I love BORN and MBHI, but I wish they could sound like MBHI but this is not possible, Ryoga and Tenten are totally different vocalists. Maybe we should let RAZOR being RAZOR.

As for the previews, it will take a bit of time to grow on me. Hope that it end up being good like their first two releases.

I actually like Ryoga, he can do some serious cool stuff with his voice (ANOTHER is a beast of a song that he nails so hard, for example) What I meant was more about the style of composition in some bits of their songs. Taking LIQUID VAIN for example, the chorus is completely born-ish. that's when I think they lack the most, and also believe it's where probably there's more imput of the other members besides Kouryu. Then listen to the first/main verse and riffs. NOW THAT'S Kouryu as fuck. This longer preview sounds excellent, besides the HORRIBLE chorus that drags the song down so hard. Ryoga screams are really on point, the instrumentals are all packing some punch (besides the flat equalization someone mentioned before), but that chorus is a cold shower