Hello there! So, I have been stalking this forum for a few years now but I never actually created an account, I guess it's not too late to do so lol so here I am! please feel free to check my "About me" section to... obviously know about me lol ('cause I already typed a lot there and I don't wanna type the same here or even copypaste it lol sorry). I hope I can meet some nice people here! Yoroshiku onegaishimaaaaaasu /weeaboo

EDIT:

My favorite bands are Dir en grey, Girugamesh, D'espairRay, Mejibray, Dadaroma, Vidoll, exist+trace, lynch, Byakura, OZ, Malice Mizer, sukekiyo, Sadie, Diaura, Juliadoll... Just to name a few, 'cause the list of bands I like/regularly listen to is literally endless.

I came to find out about Visual Kei because of 2 things; one, Dance Dance Revolution and two, anime (I swear it makes sense once I explain how that lead me to it). So back in 2001 I used to hang out in the mall at the arcades and spend a lot of time playing DDR; I eventually made friends with a few kids that went every weekend to play as well, some were  just a bit older than me, like 12 or 13, and they watched anime on cable TV all the time, it was like, "the cool version" of cartoons. I did get to watch anime sometimes but only whenever the local channels aired anything and that wasn't too often. But anyways, I loved Sailor Moon and so I kinda knew what anime was (didn't know it was called anime or anything about it but whatever, you get the point) and I wanted to watch more so I started hanging out with some of the kids at their places. So after a while I knew what anime was and I became more interested in Japanese stuff aside from Sailor Moon, like Hello Kitty or Pokemon cards or Street Fighter games.

So far I haven't explained shit but the point in that was that the DDR made me meet anime fans who sort of exposed me to Japanese pop culture or whatever, so that built a foundation. At that time I had bought a Limp Bizkit CD because the guy I liked listened to Limp Bizkit's Chocolate Starfish all the time and laughed at me in his birthday 'cause I didn't know who Limp Bizkit were. I actually liked their music but didn't know how to find a CD! Anyways, I managed to buy a pirate CD that summer and that took me to trying to find more "heavy music" CDs. I asked the guy that sold the pirated CDs for something "heavy and loud" and that's how I started listening to Marilyn Manson and Metallica (yeah, WTF right? Amazing combination). I loved Manson's look and of course my parents couldn't believe the kind of music I was digging. They didn't oppose too much though, so I kept buying CDs that summer, some I liked, some I didn't (I hate ACDC but I got them, HATE Bon Jovi too but got one of his too... I did enjoy Korn and Aerosmith sometimes, both recommended by the pirated CDs people in Chuy). So there I got the liking for weird clothing, I'd see Manson and think "guys wearing make up? well that is ok and looks cool actually", I liked "dark" styles and loud music. 

And then, it finally happened. In 2003, I made a friend named Pablo (who I am eternally grateful for showing me the way) who was hardcore into Japanese stuff. Including music. I had never heard of a Japanese rock/metal band. Only anime openings and DDR songs in Japanese were "Japanese music" for me. He was one of the few lucky people to actually have internet access at home that you could use to download shit. He had found Japanese bands in a sharing program named ARES, maybe some of you remember or even used that thing... it was amazing! So anyways, at the time I was hardcore into Lacrimosa and Rammstein, so he shared the video for "Beast of Blood" with me and I was like "WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?! ARE THEY REAL???? LIKE, OMG THEIR LOOKS AND THE MUSIC IS THE SHIT". And then a few days later he comes and gives me a burned CD with the tag "jrock and visual kei" and that had some songs by X and Larc en ciel (Endless Rain and Stay Away), another Malice Mizer song (Bel Air), a song from another band I can't remember and 2 songs from THE BAND THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING lol; Macabre (the song, not even the album, JUST THE ONE SONG and the actual PV for Cage in THE MOST extreme shit quality ever seen by my eyes. I would play these songs on repeat ALL FUCKING DAY, no kidding. My dad even confiscated my DISCMAN (oh shit) more than once because I would be plugged into it ALL DAY LONG. Pablo, being the best person ever, actually found and downloaded Gauze and Macabre for me and then I begged my parents so much for internet that they actually got us internet and I searched for more music constantly in Ares and the then using torrent sites. 

Fast forward to 2005 on, I became addicted to anything Visual Kei I could find. By 2007 I had cut my hair Vk style, would do my make up Vk style, would worship bandomen and receive criticism from my boyfriend's goth friends 'cause "my idols were just copying goth bands and it was lame" and basically facing the issues of a South American Visual Kei fan; you have no access to nothing, nobody likes or even knows about Vk, you parents don't understand why the people on your screen look like ladies but are all men and you keep saying they're not trans they're just "VISUAL KEI" and nobody gets what the fuck that is anyways. on 2008 I had managed to either meet a few other people that liked Vk or meet people that still didn't and after showing them they were like "yeah I dig this", and so the forum jmusicuruguay.tk was created. 2009 I attended my first concert and that was Dir en grey in Santiago, Chile, probably one of the happiest days in my life (like, it's hand on hand with their 2011 concert in Buenos Aires). I have a huge poster on my wall and I don't get tired of staring at it and reading over and over again "All Visible Things Tour". Fast forward to today, I'm close to being 30 fucking years old and I enjoy Vk more than ever I think? 

I like other styles, I am a big fan of Lacrimosa, Marilyn Manson, Rammstein, The Strokes, The Black Keys, Deftones, Silversun Pickups... But there's nothing like watching some hot dudes with their faces covered in makeup that's always on point no matter what and their hair is perfect and their costumes/clothes are always the shit and on top of that they can play instruments and (sometimes) sing and some are actually very fucking good and it's all so ridiculous that Japanese people out of everyone in the world created this shit out of some other shit some mad English people passed on to the Americans for them to make some updates to it and at some point the weirded out version got spread to Japan and it all ended up in this. On the other side, only in Japan you get the kind of things you get so it makes perfect sense, right?  Whatever, that's my story. Sorry for the long post.

Edited by warumonokurenai
add info

All it says is 3 things.....

So.....

What kind of VK do you listen to?

You an Old School listener? Or a New School?

Do you listen to anything besides Japanese rock?

Look forward to seeing you on the forums.

Welcome!

So What type of VK do you listen to?

So..... are you listening to old school or new school VK?

And also...... what are your interests besides J-Rock?

Anyways.... Welcome to MH enjoy your time.

Now THAT  is an intro haha.

Spoiler
22 hours ago, warumonokurenai said:

My favorite bands are Dir en grey, Girugamesh, D'espairRay, Mejibray, Dadaroma, Vidoll, exist+trace, lynch, Byakura, OZ, Malice Mizer, sukekiyo, Sadie, Diaura, Juliadoll... Just to name a few, 'cause the list of bands I like/regularly listen to is literally endless.

I came to find out about Visual Kei because of 2 things; one, Dance Dance Revolution and two, anime (I swear it makes sense once I explain how that lead me to it). So back in 2001 I used to hang out in the mall at the arcades and spend a lot of time playing DDR; I eventually made friends with a few kids that went every weekend to play as well, some were  just a bit older than me, like 12 or 13, and they watched anime on cable TV all the time, it was like, "the cool version" of cartoons. I did get to watch anime sometimes but only whenever the local channels aired anything and that wasn't too often. But anyways, I loved Sailor Moon and so I kinda knew what anime was (didn't know it was called anime or anything about it but whatever, you get the point) and I wanted to watch more so I started hanging out with some of the kids at their places. So after a while I knew what anime was and I became more interested in Japanese stuff aside from Sailor Moon, like Hello Kitty or Pokemon cards or Street Fighter games.

So far I haven't explained shit but the point in that was that the DDR made me meet anime fans who sort of exposed me to Japanese pop culture or whatever, so that built a foundation. At that time I had bought a Limp Bizkit CD because the guy I liked listened to Limp Bizkit's Chocolate Starfish all the time and laughed at me in his birthday 'cause I didn't know who Limp Bizkit were. I actually liked their music but didn't know how to find a CD! Anyways, I managed to buy a pirate CD that summer and that took me to trying to find more "heavy music" CDs. I asked the guy that sold the pirated CDs for something "heavy and loud" and that's how I started listening to Marilyn Manson and Metallica (yeah, WTF right? Amazing combination). I loved Manson's look and of course my parents couldn't believe the kind of music I was digging. They didn't oppose too much though, so I kept buying CDs that summer, some I liked, some I didn't (I hate ACDC but I got them, HATE Bon Jovi too but got one of his too... I did enjoy Korn and Aerosmith sometimes, both recommended by the pirated CDs people in Chuy). So there I got the liking for weird clothing, I'd see Manson and think "guys wearing make up? well that is ok and looks cool actually", I liked "dark" styles and loud music. 

And then, it finally happened. In 2003, I made a friend named Pablo (who I am eternally grateful for showing me the way) who was hardcore into Japanese stuff. Including music. I had never heard of a Japanese rock/metal band. Only anime openings and DDR songs in Japanese were "Japanese music" for me. He was one of the few lucky people to actually have internet access at home that you could use to download shit. He had found Japanese bands in a sharing program named ARES, maybe some of you remember or even used that thing... it was amazing! So anyways, at the time I was hardcore into Lacrimosa and Rammstein, so he shared the video for "Beast of Blood" with me and I was like "WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?! ARE THEY REAL???? LIKE, OMG THEIR LOOKS AND THE MUSIC IS THE SHIT". And then a few days later he comes and gives me a burned CD with the tag "jrock and visual kei" and that had some songs by X and Larc en ciel (Endless Rain and Stay Away), another Malice Mizer song (Bel Air), a song from another band I can't remember and 2 songs from THE BAND THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING lol; Macabre (the song, not even the album, JUST THE ONE SONG and the actual PV for Cage in THE MOST extreme shit quality ever seen by my eyes. I would play these songs on repeat ALL FUCKING DAY, no kidding. My dad even confiscated my DISCMAN (oh shit) more than once because I would be plugged into it ALL DAY LONG. Pablo, being the best person ever, actually found and downloaded Gauze and Macabre for me and then I begged my parents so much for internet that they actually got us internet and I searched for more music constantly in Ares and the then using torrent sites. 

You pretty much just copy/pasta'd my entire childhood from that one post holy shit.

Just add in Sailor Moon and GLAY back in 1998 and you have the start of my adventure.

We are going to get along GREAT!

Edited by YuyoDrift

Interesting post! :D DDR was also my childhood though I'm still much younger than you lol

I'm happy to come across another sukekiyo and Vidoll fan, since those are two of my favorite bands/projects. I also listen to some other bands you mentioned.

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll get along well here. 

On 3/31/2017 at 10:23 PM, Platy said:

I love juliadoll. Surprised someone mentioned them ~

Right?! Like, I don't understand why they had to leave us lol they were so damn good!!