Ito

The Album that Defines Your Time on MH

When you look back at the time you have spent here, no matter how long it has been, what is the album that has defines Monochrome Heaven for YOU? It can be the album you feel encompasses the mood of the forum, the album that meant the most to you during your time visiting here, that rare album that you finally found, or any other possible reason. Make sure you explain why it is as well!

For me, that album HAS to be D'espairsRay's Coll:set.

R-1777368-1242662992.jpeg.jpg

The dark and edgy mood mixed with excellent song writing was just what teen Ito craved and was looking for more off when he was setting up the the forum. I mean, if it wasn't obvious, just look at the forum's original name - Tainted World. Gee, I wonder where we came up with that idea from...

It's between 3 different bands for me

Gazette's Hyena, cos I joined around the time this song were their latest single

SaTaN's Welcome To The Dead World, which I believe shared by user byou, it was new and fantastic lel

and ofc, this one, because the running jokes that follows it

I'll give this a go.

HSCD-4.jpg?v=2

I'd say that 12012's XII Mini-Album would best represent Monochrome Heaven to me. 

"Timeless",  would be the word I'd use to describe the connection to the two. 

No matter how long time goes by, neither one will leave my memories.

To think, each member put a piece of themselves into a final composition for each track, just like we all do for this site everyday.

To some, it was a polished POS. To myself on the other hand, it was one of VK's greatest gems.

Oh, the memories of telling people to go fuck themselves. Seems like just yesterday.....

Edited by YuyoDrift
It's also how I got my sig.

It's very interesting you pick that album of all albums @YuyoDrift. Back when Monochrome Heaven was a toddler, it was PLAY DOLLs that got the lion's share of attention. Everyone wanted more PLAY DOLLS or at least some Knightmare. Albums like Diamond and Mar Maroon were not welcome here. I guess that entire generation of fans went the way of the dodo not too long after because no one talks about PLAY DOLLs anymore. Also, I listened to it the other day and I thought it was hot trash save for a few tracks. VII is so much better.

Also, obligatory mention for D'espairsRay's [coll:set]. It is still has fresh and timeless to me today as it was when it came out twelve years ago. I listen to it on some days and temporarily forget D'espairsRay disbanded. It was the yard stick I measured (and still measure) every visual kei band against. It's the perfect debut album, a fusion of industrial and acid metal that no other band has been able to copy. No other band has even gotten close. MIRROR is a great album too, but it will always play second fiddle to [coll:set] in my heart.

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

It's very interesting you pick that album of all albums @YuyoDrift. Back when Monochrome Heaven was a toddler, it was PLAY DOLLs that got the lion's share of attention. Everyone wanted more PLAY DOLLS or at least some Knightmare. Albums like Diamond and Mar Maroon were not welcome here. I guess that entire generation of fans went the way of the dodo not too long after because no one talks about PLAY DOLLs anymore. Also, I listened to it the other day and I thought it was hot trash save for a few tracks. VII is so much better.

I don't talk about Play Dolls, but I listen to it quite often and I have done so since it's release. Think it is a brilliant album and on par with Not Obtain, if not better. Two of the darkest, most depressing VK/jrock albums I've heard, and that's something I appreciate a lot. Really despise everything they've done after Play Dolls and Not Obtain, though.

Cool topic. Will come back to this later.

I think that there are some albums which have a sort of link with M-H

1) Mucc - The End of the World: I waited it so much at that time and by chance I found it here one week after the release (and it changed my life completely)

2) The GazettE - Dogma: because we did a lot of conversation about it and we almost "live-posted" our reactions for each song

3) Dir en Grey - Arche: another release greatly discussed here (in M-H i got the full tracklist!) and whose other merit is my reapproachment with the band

4) Jupiter - Classical Element: because I dealt with the transition from Versailles to Jupiter here on this forum and it gave me hope in listening to them

That's it at the moment!

For me is the whole Jyulie's discography

after months searching around the internet,only in this forum i could find

and I am very grateful for the attitude of you guys in sharing your stuff here.This band is absolutely amazing for me and got even better as Gossip

cdcc3f4568754a0fbd2b09d3b6062627.jpg

Edited by Gichi Gichi

I think one album that really defines my time here is Memento Mori's first album, along with the EP that came after (Haikei Haranbanjou Hiyori). I play both at the same time generally because they really represent what Memento Mori was at the time. A new personality on the Vkei scene that came straight out of the small tokyo indie scene. They weren't your normal Dear Dolce band (definitely not Piece). These guys were much darker, and much heavier. They normally had traditional influences, but showed they weren't above making western style horror songs too. Normally, Shinjou Kasumi chose really crappy throwaway bands for his label, but I feel as if he got 3 choices right: Reload, Raddock, and Memento Mori.  

Both their first album, and the first EP, will always hold a special place in my heart.

Why does it represent my time here? It was the original reason I joined, tbh xD

Edited by AimiGen7

The "[Coll:set]" option is obvious, but I'll actually go with RENTRER EN SOI's "MEGIDDO".

I still remember coming home, loading the forum and seeing the news of their disbandment (in 2008, I believe?). What was most striking for me, however, is how there was a general consensus here (which you know it's difficult to come by) about how terrible their breakup was and most importantly how everyone acknowledged they were going out at their peak. It was a very bittersweet period here.

Edited by saishuu

4 hours ago, saishuu said:

The "[Coll:set]" option is obvious, but I'll actually go with RENTRER EN SOI's "MEGIDDO".

I still remember coming home, loading the forum and seeing the news of their disbandment (in 2008, I believe?). What was most striking for me, however, is how there was a general consensus here (which you know it's difficult to come by) about how terrible their breakup was and most importantly how everyone acknowledged they were going out at their peak. It was a very bittersweet period here.

Oh man, I kind of forgot about MEGIDDO. For as much as that disbandment sucked, I can't think of any other VK band that has gone out on such a high note.

On 27/03/2017 at 11:53 PM, Ito said:

For me, that album HAS to be D'espairsRay's Coll:set.

R-1777368-1242662992.jpeg.jpg

^ THIS.

Before clicking the topic's title I was still unsure of what album could clearly define this, but it became clear once I saw that. I remember how I was crazy about that album when I got here and everyone  else seemed crazy about it too lol. It made me happy. But this was not the only one that reminds me of old TW, I remember how hyped I was about girugamesh's MUSIC too and even how the whole forum went crazy when Dir en grey released OUROBOROS, both were around the same time iirc. I especially remember I could hear Satoshi singing "Playstation NOW!" and "FOR OUROBOROS!" in Asking why... lol. I think that was the time I was most active around here.

The GazettE - DIM

340J68y.jpg

I've been enamored with too many albums to name during my time on MH, but strictly speaking in terms of VK, I'd say "DIM" had the greatest impact on me. I joined MH in 2008, so by that time, most of my favorite VK albums were behind me (D'espa's "coll:Set", and Renter en soi's "sphire croid"), and I was beginning to delve much deeper into J-indies. I hadn't listened to The GazettE since the "filth in the beauty" single and completely skipped over SR, so I curiously checked up on Ruki & co. via the "LEECH" single and was completely sold. Pretty much all of the singles leading up to the album grabbed my attention in a major way. I loved what the band was doing both musically and aesthetically (the PVs were gorgeous for their time), and when the album finally dropped I was blown away! I think that may have been the last time that I was so incredibly hyped over a VK album, and to have it fully deliver too! Good times~

On 4/23/2017 at 9:07 PM, Hakoniwa said:

We should have one of these for memes too, u know

"The Meme that Defines Your Time on MH"

...why not

Hide contents

girugamesh_guy.png

Lmao that is a wonderful idea.