TheZigzagoon

KUROYUME: 'Drug Treatment' or 'Corkscrew'?

I wanna buy one of them. I want a convincing argument as to which one I should buy.

Argue awayyyyy! :3

EDIT: I found a copy of their live DVD @ Shinjuku Loft and bought that instead xD 

Edited by TheZigzagoon

14 minutes ago, herpes said:
1 minute ago, desparejo86 said:

Theyre both shit, but Drug Treatment at least has 'Like@Angel.'

Buy Nakigara o... or Mayoeru Yuritachi. 

Ive heard they're shit but lack of funds and the want to add more Kuroyume albums to my collection means I have to start somewhere 

I have 'Like @ Angel' on my 'KUROYUME BEST OR WORST 1994-1998' album xD

As people already said, Drug Treatment has LIKE @ ANGEL which is one of the best Kuroyume songs everrr... but if it were up to me personally, I'd choose CORKSCREW. Lots of catchy (albeit simplistic) punky numbers, it's a breeze to listen to. It also carries lots of sentimental value for me, because it was the very first Kiyoharu-related album I ever listened to... and oh boy, did I listen to it religiously a dozen times! xD Good stuff, tho now that I'm familiar with Kuroyume's discography, I'd hardly rank it among their best. But still, it's better for me than Drug Treatment.

Edited by Jigsaw9

23 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

As people already said, Drug Treatment has LIKE @ ANGEL which is one of the best Kuroyume songs everrr... but if it were up to me personally, I'd choose CORKSCREW. Lots of catchy (albeit simplistic) punky numbers, it's a breeze to listen to. It also carries lots of sentimental value for me, because it was the very first Kiyoharu-related album I ever listened to... and oh boy, did I listen to it religiously a dozen times! xD Good stuff, tho now that I'm familiar with Kuroyume's discography, I'd hardly rank it among their best. But still, it's better for me than Drug Treatment.

My heart is more set on Corkscrew atm because it's cheaper and because I feel I'd enjoy the "punky" side to it. Thank you for the response :3

Okay so to other guys who suggested Romance of Scarlet: it's totes great, yes, but let's consider OP's funds for that matter:

> It's not that easy nor cheap to get the first press edition of RoS with "Autism" - other editions have no signs of that song, which is a damn shame, considering how stellar it is truly.

As for those two albums, I would go with CORKSCREW due to its more cohesive content where Drug Treatment kinda fails imho. I did not feel that the latter particularly had any "scope" to begin with, albeit having a good jam or two.

1 hour ago, Carmelzors said:

Okay so to other guys who suggested Romance of Scarlet: it's totes great, yes, but let's consider OP's funds for that matter:

> It's not that easy nor cheap to get the first press edition of RoS with "Autism" - other editions have no signs of that song, which is a damn shame, considering how stellar it is truly.

As for those two albums, I would go with CORKSCREW due to its more cohesive content where Drug Treatment kinda fails imho. I did not feel that the latter particularly had any "scope" to begin with, albeit having a good jam or two.

My copy of 'KUROYUME BEST OR WORST 1994-1998' actually has the song 'Autism' on it, it's one of their best imo I love it.

I have a feeling I'm gonna go CORKSCREW, it seems to have the better opinion compared to Drug Treatment 

If it were up to me, I'd look for one of their early VHS's and buy that, since it's hard to find good rips of their early PVs on youtube (The only good rip I can find is Juujika Tono Tawamure)

But if I had to choose between those two, I'd buy Corkscrew, because one of my personal favourites, "Rock And Roll", is on that. I mean, it's a raw Punk song with the chorus referring to a David Bowie song (Rock And Roll Suicide, except it's been changed to Suicide Rock And Roll)

Edited by AimiGen7

I like both, but CORKSCREW is more fun and more memorable, IMO. It might just be because CORKSCREW was the first Kuroyume album I listened to all the way through, but I find myself going back to those songs much more often. CANDY, Ya-Ya-Ya! and Hello, CP Isolation always make me smile.

8 hours ago, violetchain said:

I like both, but CORKSCREW is more fun and more memorable, IMO. It might just be because CORKSCREW was the first Kuroyume album I listened to all the way through, but I find myself going back to those songs much more often. CANDY, Ya-Ya-Ya! and Hello, CP Isolation always make me smile.

CANDY, Ya-Ya-Ya and Rock N Roll are some of my favourite Kuroyume songs which makes me think I might be better off buying CORKSCREW 

15 hours ago, TheZigzagoon said:

Maaaaaate that's the best plan!

I can't though, only have the money for one or the other rn XD 

as a diehard-hardcore fan of kuroyume, it's not even a question for me to decide whether to buy this or that, my friend ;) 

id choose poverty for a month if that's what it takes !

(i am exaggerating)

1 hour ago, platanity said:

as a diehard-hardcore fan of kuroyume, it's not even a question for me to decide whether to buy this or that, my friend ;) 

id choose poverty for a month if that's what it takes !

(i am exaggerating)

Trust me when it comes to VK releases I really want I do tend to choose being poor af, but I've got to start saving as of now xD 

Personally, I would save up for the 1994 edition of Romance of Scarlet because that album is incredible.

Between the two, I actually really dislike corkscrew partly because the production on it is terrible, and it's possibly the most brickwalled album in my collection (DR3). Also I don't really like any of the songs besides the singles. While Drug Treatment isn't perfect (mind breaker is pretty boring), I do like it overall and spray and like@angel are gold.

Edited by Dudemanguy

7 hours ago, Dudemanguy said:

Personally, I would save up for the 1994 edition of Romance of Scarlet because that album is incredible.

Between the two, I actually really dislike corkscrew partly because the production on it is terrible, and it's possibly the most brickwalled album in my collection (DR3). Also I don't really like any of the songs besides the singles. While Drug Treatment isn't perfect (mind breaker is pretty boring), I do like it overall and spray and like@angel are gold.

Romance of Scarlet would have been obviously the superior choice (Feminism merely shines due to its variety but production values suck) due to its stellar production/mixing value but I don't think anyone could find 1994 edition anymore though. Not to mention even Yahoo Auctions don't have any copies up for bidding or so?

Edited by Alroy

Huh? Romance of Scarlet was on EMI. You'll probably need a shopping service to get it which sucks, but it's certainly not rare and it's not that expensive. I did a quick search and found some yahoo auction listings and there's copies on amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/迷える百合達-〜-Romance-Scarlet-黒夢/dp/B000064U92/ref=sr_1_2/352-5808720-7994004?ie=UTF8&qid=1490749420&sr=8-2&keywords=黒夢+迷える百合達

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m190338429

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/233436412

Edited by Dudemanguy

12 hours ago, Dudemanguy said:

Huh? Romance of Scarlet was on EMI. You'll probably need a shopping service to get it which sucks, but it's certainly not rare and it's not that expensive. I did a quick search and found some yahoo auction listings and there's copies on amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/迷える百合達-〜-Romance-Scarlet-黒夢/dp/B000064U92/ref=sr_1_2/352-5808720-7994004?ie=UTF8&qid=1490749420&sr=8-2&keywords=黒夢+迷える百合達

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m190338429

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/233436412

I'm probably going to invest in older stuff when I have the money for it, I currently only have £31 a week to spend