Ito

Ten Years of Monochrome Heaven!

20 hours ago, Ito said:

Another fun memory was how intrigued we all were with the "MH Chat" in the fall/winter of 2011. It seemed like every day I would come home from work and talk nonsense and have a good time in the chat. I believe we even went as far as making a Skype or IRC chat or something - if I remember correctly. Early jokes like RIP MH CHAT, SpArkLiEs (and it's ever-changing members like every couple hours), and members like yashuhiro (sp) and Danny (FAT GIRL PARTY) make me really nostalgic. The chat was at its prime years back and was extremely fun to get to know each other more.

mods pls restore my true name "FAT GIRL PARTY" asap 

Edited by The Moon

Oh boy it's been awhile. I still follow the group on fb and saw this post and thought "gahdamn, has it really been 10 years?" That means I've known some of you since I was  16/17 and some of you like champ213 probably even longer than that from tonberry days and the great migration. A wave of serious nostalgia passed over me. This forum and the people on it were such an integral part of my life for so long. 

Fond af memories:
downloads and rarez drama, Kiwamu hate, crappy indies vk thread, the mh Chat, chatting on msn messenger, chatting on soulseek lol, Jake's changing favorite bands every week, Dai/toasted waffles/the big change, being a mod and the staff dramaz (our pokemanz and mod colors too), yellow names, Fakkin' A, that dude mitsu (I think) who would randomly curse in the chat and had that terrible vk fanfiction and lyrics site, "generic" ,  Jake's feud with that dude that ended somehow with Cat5 and others infiltrating our ranks and then liking it here, lady revania drama, last.fm mass chart suicides and tagging dramaz, spinning on turntable.fm, when we first got emoticons and the subsequent abuse of said emoticons , demonandroid and all crappy vs. high quality rips dramaz, credit dramaz, IAMWILL, banning dramaz... okay lots of drama but ya'll get the point.

Some of the best friends I've made I made on this forum and some of you I've gotten a chance to meet irl and hope to still meet others in the future. I honestly thought I would be on here until the bitter end but a year or so after I moved to Tokyo and got buckled down with school and life I slow faded and before I knew it it all seemed so distant. But every now and then I think back to this place and when I see some of you guys on fb or elsewhere the memories do come flooding back and I'm happy and proud to have been a part of this community. 

Some honorable mentions of some people Who've impacted my life on and off this board: 
Cat5, Champ213, Maiku, Prism, Zeus, Mima, Shogu, Missa, Ito, Spike760, Biopanda, Furik, Aion, Ash and more.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Edited by doaseternity6

I forgot but I have to add: 

Getting free gift cards (was it at CDJapan?) for joining Tainted World 2.0, Dai and Jake version. Did anyone ever get any? I legit want to know if this business strategy worked out for them during the ten days or so their forum was actually almost active.

Ten years... damn.

I've been here since 2008 I believe.

At that time I got all my DL's from a friend who was very into VK, until of course I came to old TW.

I think I stumbled upon the forum while searching for releases by Deathgaze and/or Thomas, if my mind doesn't trick me.

I remember not posting a lot back in the days, at TW I probably had less than 100 posts during my 2~ years there, so I started being active first when Toasted Waffles/MH came around. 

In all honesty, I've been one of the members who's been here for quite some time, has left several times without saying a word... But in the end I'll always end up here again. 

Due to my sudden retirements (specifically during 2011-2014, during which I visited MH about once every other week) I feel I have missed out on some of the stuff that has been going on, particularly the lit chat-era. I remember visiting the chat several times, but I never really participated in your sheningans. I also remember when the FB-group and Skype-chat was started, however I personally choose to not use them.

I do have some fun memories from my time here though! I remember all the demon android drama, Sparklies, Toasted Waffles, the drama between the former staff (dai?) and him wanting people to join his new forum, ppl faking 90's vk rares, the epic kiwamu topic, slsk hoarders finally joining MH and sharing rares, the secret VIP-forum (which I think I was allowed into for sharing a NEGA single lmao), the girl who tried to get Kiwamu to sign her even though she publically humiliated him on his FB etcetc. Shit, I probably stired up a lot of shit myself back in the days, I was a stupid teenager.

In the end, I have had a lot of fun here and this is undoubtedly the place (online) that I spent most of my teenage years at. 

It is only in recent years that I started socializing with people here through other social medias (exception for lastfm), but most of you are great.

Here's to ten more years, cheers!

Oh my, i pretty much joined TW in the beginning. Back then i was a more or less active Tonberry member and jake posted there about tw if i remember right. I still know how there was this policy to have at least 100 posts to be able to access download section and i pretty much spammed the forum until i got the 100 posts lol.

Not sure how much really needs to be said again without repeating all the other stories in this thread, but its safe to say that TW/MH was and still is a big part of my life and i met so many amazing people here.

I experencied all the drama, for better or worse and like ito mentioned earlier, i still remember the gay egyptians like it was yesterday. 

I remember how Champ first did a rarez christmas bag and i was inspired by it and did like 2 or 3 of my own? Joining the mod team back in the day was a blast and i wouldnt have missed it even though i was pretty fed up with everything by the end of it. Of course i still remember the "big revolt" WhirlingBlack already mentioned and while it maybe looked as an insult for some people back then, it was something valuable for the forum.

The Golden years of the chat were just amazing and this thread really reminded me how i miss these times. WHERE ARE THE CHATLOGS? WHERE IS  SAI? 

special shoutouts to hyura and disposable for meeting you in real life. DISPO COME TO GERMANY AGAIN.

shoutouts to all the amazing people i met on here: slsr, danao, panda, linh (our meetup still needs to happen sister), sai (rip sai), filth_y, ro (bro yo), maria, cat (hope u are fine dude), mika , hiroki and everyone else i forgot.

there really needs to be another meetup somewhere sometime. panda make it happen.

rip my old account. 

heres to 10 more years.

(who was that guy who always posted poems in toasted waffles? loved him)

edit: just remembered sume7´s where to get rarez thread. 10/10

Edited by Yutaproid1

9 hours ago, Ito said:

I'm surprised no one has brought up Spike760's band's "fake rarez" demos or gay Egyptians.

Somebody should tell us a story about this.

congrats MH

im a newfag compared to you old trolls but i love this place and i've witnessed enough mess in the 2 years i've been here, so the mess this site has seen in the past 10 would probably turn my frontal cortex into mush soundtracked by an cafe

xx luv yal

17 hours ago, doaseternity6 said:

Fond af memories:

downloads and rarez drama, Kiwamu hate, crappy indies vk thread, the mh Chat, chatting on msn messenger, chatting on soulseek lol, Jake's changing favorite bands every week, Dai/toasted waffles/the big change, being a mod and the staff dramaz (our pokemanz and mod colors too), yellow names, Fakkin' A, that dude mitsu (I think) who would randomly curse in the chat and had that terrible vk fanfiction and lyrics site, "generic" ,  Jake's feud with that dude that ended somehow with Cat5 and others infiltrating our ranks and then liking it here, lady revania drama, last.fm mass chart suicides and tagging dramaz, spinning on turntable.fm, when we first got emoticons and the subsequent abuse of said emoticons , demonandroid and all crappy vs. high quality rips dramaz, credit dramaz, IAMWILL, banning dramaz... okay lots of drama but ya'll get the point.

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you're here!!!!!

Gosh, reading your post was like traveling back in time lol I couldn't remember a lot of the things you mentioned!! We've had a lot of chats, huh XD And that's right, I remember I used to lurk around Tonberry for a long time and when I had decided to start participating for real, it was over haha. Aaand then TW came up on invisionfree, right? (everyone used invisionfree those days lol)

I've been here for a long time and it's weird how things/people changed but it's still a nice place to be. Back then, even though I registered to the forum, it took me a long time to stop lurking and start participating for real, and it's basically the same as it's happening now since I came back and still feel kind of lost lol. So many people left and so many new people came! Some of those you mentioned, for example. Man. It's been too long... and there was always a lot of drama hahahahaha it makes me wonder where everyone is! These days I don't keep in touch with most people from then and it's really a shame. Well, mostly. XD

But I'm really glad I could enjoy the forum then and still can now. So thank you for all! And most of all, thank you for still being here - I know very well how hard it is to keep a forum, especially nowadays, and I can't imagine how harder it is for such a large, English-language forum, with people from literally all places on Earth. So seriously, CONGRATULATIONS. It's been awesome!

Btw, doe, do you know about Nekkou? I was wondering about her the other day and no one I asked seemed to remember who she was, but I'm sure you do. XD

17 hours ago, WhirlingBlack said:

I forgot but I have to add: 

Getting free gift cards (was it at CDJapan?) for joining Tainted World 2.0, Dai and Jake version. Did anyone ever get any? I legit want to know if this business strategy worked out for them during the ten days or so their forum was actually almost active.

Obvi not just like his K-Pop forum I was lured in lmao :<

18 hours ago, doaseternity6 said:

Oh boy it's been awhile. I still follow the group on fb and saw this post and thought "gahdamn, has it really been 10 years?" That means I've known some of you since I was  16/17 and some of you like champ213 probably even longer than that from tonberry days and the great migration. A wave of serious nostalgia passed over me. This forum and the people on it were such an integral part of my life for so long. 

Fond af memories:

Some of the best friends I've made I made on this forum and some of you I've gotten a chance to meet irl and hope to still meet others in the future. I honestly thought I would be on here until the bitter end but a year or so after I moved to Tokyo and got buckled down with school and life I slow faded and before I knew it it all seemed so distant. But every now and then I think back to this place and when I see some of you guys on fb or elsewhere the memories do come flooding back and I'm happy and proud to have been a part of this community. 

Some honorable mentions of some people Who've impacted my life on and off this board: 
Cat5, Champ213, Maiku, Prism, Zeus, Mima, Shogu, Missa, Ito, Spike760, Biopanda, Furik, Aion, Ash and more.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Forever grateful to U for the Loro's Pax, and agraph downloads and much more, wish misa is here too. 

20 hours ago, Ito said:

Reading all of these has been way too much fun. I love hearing about everyone stories. I want to reply to like all of you, but I don't want to clog up the thread with that (at least not yet lol).

I'm surprised no one has brought up Spike760's band's "fake rarez" demos or gay Egyptians.

Wow, that's a long time ago, I don't even remember what my username was when it was green lel

3 hours ago, Hakoniwa said:

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you're here!!!!!

Gosh, reading your post was like traveling back in time lol I couldn't remember a lot of the things you mentioned!! We've had a lot of chats, huh XD And that's right, I remember I used to lurk around Tonberry for a long time and when I had decided to start participating for real, it was over haha. Aaand then TW came up on invisionfree, right? (everyone used invisionfree those days lol)

yes nostalgia lured me back haha. We had so many chats! half of the fun of mh in those days didn't take place/ or start on the actual board now that I think about it. It was all consuming in a way xD

and I feel like I'm dating myself a lot but I remember going from daiforum ---> tokyonights---> tonberry ---> then here. You were probably on daiforum as well and a bet a few people may have been on Tokyonights too. And yessssss invisionfree ~

4 hours ago, Hakoniwa said:

Btw, doe, do you know about Nekkou? I was wondering about her the other day and no one I asked seemed to remember who she was, but I'm sure you do. XD

You are correct I absolutely do and thought about mentioning her. After she disappeared from the forum I still talked to her some on last.fm but then she officially vanished. I remember her, prism, nick (I can't remember his username now >_<) and missa were a funny group. 

3 hours ago, SEKHMET said:

Forever grateful to U for the Loro's Pax, and agraph downloads and much more, wish misa is here too. 

Since your comment on the first post of this thread I've been trying to figure out who is this person that remembers me and all of that stuff from back. I've been rackin my brain like for sure I know you. Then I read the other thread and saw you're Kir/Chianti and was so happy haha. You were so much fun and definitely one of my favorite people from back then and I'm glad to see you still here. (It's funny because my second internet username is wrath of sekhmet, so I was like whoever this is they hella cool)

also also I just remembered that guy darryl (sp??). That was another character XD. 

MH/TW has a great community! Because of this, I was able to stop being a lurker and open myself up to the forum.

I am very grateful to the founder and all contributors of the forum that they made it exist for a decade! All the other J-rock forums on the internet just seemed to die out so MH is one of the most important channels for me to get connected with J-rock.

I've only had an account here for about a year. I'd been a vkei fan for a lot longer, but even if I never lost interest I'd say my peak interest lingered somewhere between 2007 - 2011. Then I started pushing hard to get myself through college and other things kind of took priority. LJ died, a lot of the new sites I followed either went away or went stagnant, and a lot of the bands I'd liked went under (bar Gazette and Dir en grey). When I finally moved to Japan, I thought 'hey, prime opportunity, let's check out some indies vkei acts while I'm in Tokyo and see what they're like'. I really wanted to check out their music before I went ahead and got any tickets though.

One Google search later and I was here. At first I didn't even make an account, and even when I did, I mostly lurked. Granted, I've been creeping out little by little since this is one of the few places that still has the communication between fans that's kind of sorely lacking anywhere else. It's got the most up to date news, the most comprehensive uploads section, and it's a place worth coming back to. So congrats on 10 years, and kudos on being such a good resource.

So I may or may not have told @Ito that I would write a paragraph for the OP, then promptly forgot all about it. Oops >_>

Suffice it to say that, almost I'm not the oldest member here, I've been around long enough now to have a special attachment to the community here despite my music taste not always matching up with the majority. Here's looking forward to another ten years of VK memes and glorious shitposting! Who knows, maybe X Japan will have actually released their new album by the time the 20th anniversary rolls around.

I remember coming across blog postings that would mention a web forum (Tainted World), that shared their love for Japanese Rock, many years ago.

I said to myself, “That forum must be full of losers”, and thought nothing more of it.

Sorry Ito haha.

I find it incredible that I would meet the creator of that very website (as I soon found out) here in Chicagoland years later, at an Anime Convention panel of all places, introducing his newly transitioned website “Monochrome Heaven”, and how great it would be if I joined.

It’s funny how fate works sometimes.

Honestly, joining Monochrome Heaven was one of the happiest decisions I believe I’ve ever made in my life.

I want to thank all of you.

I have joined many forums, and even helped moderate a couple too, but none of them were like this.

I didn’t expect to still be here, 4 years later, logging in with as much enjoyment as I did the first day.

I didn’t expect to meet incredible individuals, who love Visual Kei just as much as I do, and yet, live up to thousands of miles away from each other. Some of you make me happier after talking to, than many of my IRL friends haha.

MH helped me rediscover many music that I had heard growing up, being able to finally put some artists’ names and faces to songs that I never thought I’d hear again.

You’ve become part of my daily routine every morning, next to taking that drive to work, and drinking that much needed cup of coffee.

I owe this forum a great deal for being there, when I needed it the most, you have no idea. This place is my home away from home. 

Whatever I can do to keep MH here another 10 years, is the least I can do, in order to repay this great community.

Happy 10th Birthday, Monochrome.

On 3/31/2017 at 0:43 PM, Original Saku said:

Lol found these while browsing Jake's old myspace.

full.jpg

Yeah, that was from the first panel at Anime Central (2008 I think? Could have been '09)....oh boy was that a shit show planning wise. We were pretty much putting it together up until like 10 minutes before the panel. 

Yeah. I was a member of Tainted World, but under the different name. I'm a little shy, so I don't talk much ;)

Anyway, HAPPY 10-TH ANNIVERSARY!!

Edited by mannequin