yuuzhea ikubaru

lynch. new mini album "SINNERS-EP" release

I'm not necessarily all that impressed but I'm not all that disappointed either. I'll probably be really obsessed with some of them for a week or two and then forget it exists. 

I was hoping that the bassist would give some of the songs more of a different feel, so in that respect I am disappointed, but I can hardly say that I think that this mini sounds bad.

I'm actually looking forward to this one solely because I can appreciate lynch. more if there are less songs, I actually can tell them apart better like this. That being said, the samples sound decent, I find them more appealing than their last album to be honest.

The production on this sounds like it'll be a lot better than their previous albums so Ryo came through. Props.

I too lowkey had hopes that this would be a tad different with the featured bassists but for the most part, I can rocks with what i'm hearing. "Black Out Destroy" and "Kaleido" sound the most promising to me. I'll wait for the full thing to make a final assessment.

I miss Akinori.

With a few tweaks, the preview could almost be it's own song because they're all par for the course.
Maybe Ai and Hazuki should get together and make a new band, 'cause then we'd get a third new thing to be worn out after a year or two.

10 hours ago, Ro plz said:

I miss Akinori.

i'm w/ you on this... my honest thoughts (esp when J and Hitoki) were announced as guests was oh god -- we're going to get a bunch of beyond sanded down songs.
if you're going to work with legends, senpai who are like 10 senpai levels above you, you're not going to present them with your most unique songs. probably the opposite, in fact, you'll be going for pure distilled typical lynch....  i was really hoping they would pick someone who is a peer and maybe do more collaborative work with him as opposed to people Hazuki basically worships. but Hazuki's voice is the most appealing thing about TRIGGER from the sample... and i have the feeling the MV is going to be equally bland and focused on J being there. lynch.'s lead songs are always the same formula at the best of times but i just sensed this was not gonna be for me. also i REALLY miss the slap bass RIP

WHEN are Reo and Asanao going to fucking write some songs btw -- Hazuki needs to just be left with the vocal melodies for like a year or two and Yusuke songs all sound the same in their own right... esp since Hazuki tweeted he's already planning out their next album stoooop

that said BLACK OUT~ and DIES IRAE are the kind of song i go to lynch. shows for (to throw myself against a bar and break my neck w/ a bunch of hzk gya/gyao) tho and i can't get enough of how Hazuki's voice has become since D.A.R.K. so i'm still really into it

Sounds ok, was kinda hoping for something a bit different from them. I miss the old raw sound they had.

That was great guitar solo with a 3.5 minute intro... this is like, a little bit more tapwater than the usual tapwater track on Lynch albums..

possibly the most insipid song hzk has puked up since BALLAD and yeah it goes on forever on top of that

Its a typical Hazuki track but it sounds like Hazuki put some solid effort into this one verses just lazilly recycling from previous songs. I don't wanna like it but i do. 

I like it more and more as I continue to listen to it. The guitar solos are great, and I liked how they gave J a spot for a bass solo. Hope the other songs have a spot like that for the other bassists. Song would be better if they sped it up though... Was kind of hoping for a fast blistering track for the return. Still cool though.

I think I'll like the songs more once I listen through them a couple times. TRIGGER is decent though.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:45 AM, ShanethVarosa said:

I'm not necessarily all that impressed but I'm not all that disappointed either. I'll probably be really obsessed with some of them for a week or two and then forget it exists. 

Pretty much somes up my thoughts even after seeing the full version MV of Trigger.

It's decent. Anyway even if they sometimes do some forgettables songs, they never did and never will do really "bad" songs. 

But i must be honest, except the solo and the verses... I was like, "and ? nice collab for a 2 sec bass slap", and i was waiting for some "scream drop" during all the song, i love their soft songs and i don't mean they must add screams to make a great lynch song, but here it could make it more powerfull. The refrain is quite boring and the song is too long. Overall it's a bit disappointing, but let's see the rest of the mini.

NIGHT was a so much better title song for the previous EP (one of my favorite song by them). And after an interesting album, with "deeper" sound and new things like Deftones vibes (FAREWELL, PHANTOM..) we can feel indifferent ...

On 2017-05-12 at 11:45 AM, Elazmus said:

That was great guitar solo with a 3.5 minute intro...

"Spilled Tea" (2017)