Sign in to follow this  
anadentone

Family On Facebook be like

You add them because you know they'll remind you and everyone else that you didn't soooooo whats your pet peeve or just odd stuff your family does on your facebook (if you have one or had one)

My family is all religious crazed so if I post a video where someone says "damn" they gotta spam my comments with Bible verses or some shit. If I swear post something I like,  someone gotta imply im trash. So I made a fb with people from my social networking sites where I can breathe glitter Japanese tits without Sunday School sermons. (I'll add anyone, if you want to"

1 hour ago, anadentone said:

My family is all religious crazed so if I post a video where someone says "damn" they gotta spam my comments with Bible verses or some shit. I

Lowkey, my dad runs an online church. He made a facebook page and it literally has over 3,000 likes somehow and the profile picture for the page is a webcam pick of him at our kitchen table and I'm like embarrassed for him. He invited me to like it, but I'm not going to because I don't want to give him the satisfaction.

He's almost 70 years old btw

Edited by Mihi

My family is pretty tame and doesn't really do crazy stuff on facebook. My dad only uses it to casually talk to me (I live in a different country).

But good god my husbando's family can be a bit... eccentric.

Like, what I don't really get is my in-laws communicating through facebook. Like one of them posts a picture of a scenery just outside the window and the other one is there commenting below it how beautiful the sunset is and can't wait until spring. WHY DO YOU NEED TO TALK TO EACH OTHER OVER THE FACEBOOK YOU ARE IN THE SAME FUCKING ROOM GOD DAMN IT. Or the other posts a picture of one of their dogs and the other one's instantly praising the dog in the comments; "what a wee trooper, mah wee man, such a star". 

Man if they were my parents I'd slap them in the face and tell them to go right back to knitting if they can't use facebook properly. 

Okay, before anyone gets offended, that was a joke. I don't slap people for real. Especially not for using facebook improperly.

My dad doesn't have facebook, but my mum keeps posting comments on pictures how pretty I look and stuff. (But in rl she can only talk 4-5 minutes per month to me)  She keeps spamming me with games all the time and adds all of my friends as a friend ... >_>

While my sisters always want me to share their stuff about babies. T__T

4 hours ago, The Bread Wolf said:

Like one of them posts a picture of a scenery just outside the window and the other one is there commenting below it how beautiful the sunset is and can't wait until spring. WHY DO YOU NEED TO TALK TO EACH OTHER OVER THE FACEBOOK YOU ARE IN THE SAME FUCKING ROOM GOD DAMN IT. Or the other posts a picture of one of their dogs and the other one's instantly praising the dog in the comments; "what a wee trooper, mah wee man, such a star". 

Oh man. This is crazy! But yeah why look out of the window if it's on facebook... 

My family is religious crazy as well and a few years ago I got so much shit for posting a few shirtless pictures of Hyde and saying "yumm"... I got lectured by my mom about what's appropriate to post on social media and every time I deleted a relative I got lectured again on "denying my family".

I quickly solved it by creating another account with a weaboo name they will NEVER find. 

I don't know if my father and or his new wife even have a facebook. 

I use my real name and already have my "social" phase. If they really have, they can find me. 

I befriend with almost every member of my big family, but I'm stop following almost every one of them and Thank God I don't get any complaints about that. 

My own sister is pretty tame, only open once a while just for accepting her friend requests and post nothing. 

On the other side, her husband is social media junkie who always posting about praying, something positive, and anything happening on his life. 

Facebook is just exhausting. 

I only use that to post j-rawk music video and let people know my music preferences. No matter how they will judge me X) 

In general, my family is quite tame on Facebook — with the exception of my Mother's sisters. I believe I am only befriended with one of them, because most will attempt to unveil your 'hidden agenda' from any small thing you post. They are always fighting over supposed incidents on Facebook because of the unnerving unending suspicion they seek behind every update. If one has lunch with another, the others who were not present will begin to comment with snarky remarks and push their ego until they get noticed. It is honestly tiring.

Edited by Lestat

My mom only posts stuff about good vibes and my grandma (who learned to use it recently after 63 years of tech illiteracy)  posts stuff about the war against the devil, Jesus wanting to enter your house "type amen and like if you want jesus in your house" it's actually quite funny, she posts a lot of stuff about farms and animals, so I keep an eye out for that. Overall my family doesn't bother me on social media, but I do refrain from sharing certain things like LGBT comics or images etc. coz I can't be fucked with internet rage.

I have a friend who has his whole family on his FB (mom, grandma and aunties included) and he openly likes and shares anime tits and lewdness without his family giving a fuck... it's weird.

Luckily I don't have such problems... :D my siblings posts on FB very rarely, but one of my sister writes always in our area's dialect. And the dialect is so ugly and awful. :(

My dad is cheap as hell, so he has turned to FB for messaging. Because texting is too expensive for him. While we message each other like... once a year, it's always with him having thousands of spelling mistakes, no commas and well, no sense.

My mum barely use fb anymore but she mostly post cats picture/ shares my selfies to show people how beautiful she think I am and it's embarrassing lol

A family friend always comments under pictures I post, "Hi Thomas! Love to you. How have you been?" Like he doesn't tag me and he doesn't mention the picture at all. It's strange and annoying cause I feel like I have to reply.

I will never add family to my social media pages. Adds too much potential for awkwardness. They're going to have to be content with texting me because my internet persona and every day life is much different. I prefer to keep it that way.

Edited by lichtlune

The family I have on Facebook are the ones who aren't heavy on social media to begin with and I don't use Facebook much these days anymore either. I've learned to ignore requests from family members I know are dramatic and crazy and if they ask me I simply play it off like I don't use Facebook much and that I don't really know how it works. If they make a point to extend the issue I call them on their bullshit and tell them to stop wasting my time. Swerve 

Two years ago my mother kicked me out of home and then I deleted her on facebook. I moved back and we have an okay relationship, but I never sent a new friendship request, and I'm not sure if she's aware we're not facebook friends lol

I blocked all of my family off from my personal facebook for many years because of how they felt about my relationship with my fiance. Only recently did I add back my mother, step siblings, and step-father, but I still filter them out of some posts I make because of the past.

I knew I would get shit for not adding my fam on Facebook, but I have them on a special filter and have unfollowed most of them because I don't need to see their religious or conservative/Trump posts. All of my family members seriously know zip about politics or anything they post about, will readily admit it even, but are still 100% convinced their opinions/beliefs are totally sound.

Otherwise, my mom likes to tag me in random stuff she thinks I'll like or hijack a post I made to compliment me and it's really annoying. I've told her to stop a few times and she will for a couple of months but then start up again. I'm too lazy to make a separate Facebook though.

I don't even know why the other family members even added me since they never bother to visit when I visit the States. Admittedly I get some satisfaction about them having to bask in how happy my Godless, "heathen" lifestyle is while they're all stuck in miserable, dead-end relationships, broke, and consider going to Olive Garden a fancy outing.

My husband and I just tag each other in memes and cute cat gifs/vids. His parents don't use Facebook that I'm aware of. Even if they did, neither of them speak enough English to understand what I post.

Basically I think everyone in my family made facebook profiles so they can stalk their kids and all. My cousins are married and one of them even moved in a foreign country, so facebook is the place where he updates everyone with his whereabouts. My mum has a facebook profile only to catch up with k-pop, k-drama and celebrity gossips. When I was in Japan facebook was really useful because I could update the entire clan in one post with everything I was doing XD. Occasionally my dad's cousin sends me all sort of weird articles about how to live a peaceful life and positive vibes messages. Also we use facebook calendar so we can remember to post birthday messages on our walls XD.

Sign in to follow this