gekiai

Shit N00b Vkei Fans Say

4 hours ago, drnic010 said:

Lol. I'm a repeat offender of this particular one. There are certain well known VK acts that I've literally never given a listen.

Like the GazettE. Never heard them. Couldn't even name you one song.

:)

I've been a fan since 2006 and haven't heard an X Japan or hide song. I'm not interested so I never bothered listening, lol. I could name drop  song titles that I've seen everywhere but wouldn't actually know what they sound like.

32 minutes ago, Zalemu said:

I've been a fan since 2006 and haven't heard an X Japan or hide song. I'm not interested so I never bothered listening, lol. I could name drop  song titles that I've seen everywhere but wouldn't actually know what they sound like.

They have like...30 songs yes? I could name a bunch too and the only song I've ever heard was Art of Life. I listened to it because of how much I heard it was the greatest thing ever and such a pivotal work...and I feel like it goes on ten minutes longer than it needs to. Blind X worship is shit n00bs do. Genuine respect for X's material can only come after that I feel, because everyone has to get their biases about X out of the way before the music can really be enjoyed for what it is.

Also, LUNA SEA > X fite me

That blind worship is exactly why I haven't bothered listening to them. Stupid, yeah, but maybe someday I'll ignore the fanbase and give them a try. Even if I do prefer Luna Sea.

5 hours ago, drnic010 said:

Lol. I'm a repeat offender of this particular one. There are certain well known VK acts that I've literally never given a listen.

Seconded. I've been into VK for 12 years now and I haven't listened to one song from the GazettE. And I hate Dir en grey with passion. And I honestly couldn't care less about the oldies goldies like Luna Sea or Kuroyume or X Japan.

6 hours ago, drnic010 said:

There are a couple of apparently known bands I never gave a try, or tried 1-2 songs and never got interested. You're not the only one. As for The Gazette, you didn't lose anything, imo (no offense for the fans, it's just my personal opinion).

"Maria Cross is awesome"

"Tanuki is more reliable than MH"

"BABOO is better than X-Japan!"

(commented on a Lycaon video) "these guys are ripping off  Initial!"

"That Taylor Swift cover is the best song by NokuBaru"

"Micro Head 4Ns is the best band ever!"

ugh :|

On 22/3/2017 at 7:07 AM, WhirlingBlack said:

People who claim to have been into vk for 10+ years yet barely know entry level acts is the main fad amongst noobs these days. 

Honestly, there's plenty of "entry level acts" and "classics" I never bothered to listen to because they just didn't appeal to me, like Shazna, Baroque, Raphael, Baiser and such. Only Kuroyume I've actually bothered to listen thouroughly was the Kuro to Kage album. Tried like three Diru albums at different points during the last 8-9 years and they still feel meh to me. Haven't heard Hide nor really plan to.

And yes, Luna Sea > X Japan.

I do care for some founding bands, because I love exploring, and while I love the 90s Vkei sound, I can't stand most of the bands 

Too many Kuroyume clones (or Dir En Grey clones as the newbs call them)

In fact, Missa era Diru was a Kuroyume copycat. Also, I'll is a copy of a D=Sire song. Sorrynotsorry

2 hours ago, anadentone said:

"Maria Cross is awesome"

That can be true in an ironic sense though xD. 

Like, one can love the "Allstar memes", but hate the song to death xD

When people pronounce oshare kei like oh share, like sharing is caring. I used to do this, but I went to a VK panel at a con where the girls running it pronounced it like that.

Edited by ArtFart

10 minutes ago, ArtFart said:

When people pronounce oshare kei like oh share, like sharing is caring. I used to do this, but I went to a VK panel at a con where the girls running it pronounced it like that.

Isn't Oshare the western way of calling it? I heard in Japan, they call it Osare

7 minutes ago, AimiGen7 said:

Isn't Oshare the western way of calling it? I heard in Japan, they call it Osare

Well if it is I guess I'm still a noob VK weeb lol gomenasorry!

5 minutes ago, ArtFart said:

Well if it is I guess I'm still a noob VK weeb lol gomenasorry!

xD nah it doesn't make you a noob. Just makes you a normal foreign fan like me.

Also, "Gomenasorry". Gonna have to use that xD

dhbaAHc.png

This shit right here. Under Syndrome's Sleaver PV. A band using the manji/swastika because of religious reasons is understandable and nothing to debate about. But you really have to be a fool to overlook the obvious Nazi imagery when it's a friggin' swastika on a Nazi armbinder, which is even attached to a SS style unifrom/dress. 

And yeah, I am aware that bands did in fact use this as a way to shock. Doesn't excuse to say "It's certainly not having to do with Nazis at all!!!"

Edited by Ikna
image hosting hates me D:

45 minutes ago, Ikna said:

dhbaAHc.png

This shit right here. Under Syndrome's Sleaver PV. A band using the manji/swastika because of religious reasons is understandable and nothing to debate about. But you really have to be a fool to overlook the obvious Nazi imagery when it's a friggin' swastika on a Nazi armbinder, which is even attached to a SS style unifrom/dress. 

And yeah, I am aware that bands did in fact use this as a way to shock. Doesn't excuse to say "It's certainly not having to do with Nazis at all!!!"

YES YES YES! I could write an essay about "my fav can do no wrong uwu" visual kei fans that will reach so far to defend literally anything, but especially nazi symbolism. Goddddd how blind of a fangirl do you have to be to defend the nazi uniforms or even be like "oooooh I love a man in uniform" like... a nazi uniform tho???? Then they always try to back it up with like WELL CULTURALLY, IN JAPAN like I don't even care about that. I want to know why you, as an American or European fan, are defending this. One of my biggest peeves in visual kei because I never realized this was a big thing and then I was like "wait you guys are okay with this? really???" 

Yeah, just because stuff like that is used just as a shock value, this doesn't justify it for me. People just have to admit their faves did something wrong instead of protecting them, because they're just making fools out of themselves.

On the other hand, there's also lot of people going "OMG NAZIS!!!" because of manji. Just educate yourselves before you attack/defend someone because of that. ._.