gekiai

Shit N00b Vkei Fans Say

12 hours ago, Ikna said:

dhbaAHc.png

This shit right here. Under Syndrome's Sleaver PV. A band using the manji/swastika because of religious reasons is understandable and nothing to debate about. But you really have to be a fool to overlook the obvious Nazi imagery when it's a friggin' swastika on a Nazi armbinder, which is even attached to a SS style unifrom/dress. 

And yeah, I am aware that bands did in fact use this as a way to shock. Doesn't excuse to say "It's certainly not having to do with Nazis at all!!!"

It's also worth mentioning the Swastika has nothing to do with rebelling. In Europe, it was a heraldry symbol.

Also, in Germany, it wasn't even called Swastika. It was called Harkenkreuz. Harkenkreuz is German for "Hooked Cross".

Also, before the name "Swastika" was even popularised, it was called Gammadion. (Which comes from it's shape resembling 4 gammas)

But, most people like the made up narrative that the Nazi's got it from India. 

Edited by AimiGen7

Oh yeah, add that to shit vk noobs always say 

'western music is so shit compared to jmusic. The voice, the language, the instruments, it's just all way better ' or some variation 

this is really just a drag @ myself but back in middleschool when i was first getting into vk, i accidentally followed a roleplay-blog of Nightmare's Hitsugi, somehow thinking it was the real thing.
I guess i was just totally ready to accept hitsu spoke fluent english and also had the exact personality of a teenage girl?

Also there was a good chunk of time when i was convinced that line in L'Arc~en~Ciel's Taste of Love was "You treat me like a DUCK"

On 2017-4-2 at 8:21 AM, NICKT said:

1a78f812e0.png

Part 2.
b0c6443d8e.png

And on an OST video for Hyperdimension Neptunia:
a96fc37874.png

Just sort of weird how much people will big up the stuff they listen to, as if it's the sole source of a type of music, or that it's the best and the only best.

Edited by NICKT

2 hours ago, NICKT said:

Part 2.
b0c6443d8e.png

Why would a Chinese person wish to be born Japanese anyway? xD. I mean, yeah, facial features are slightly different, but still, it's like a Serbian guy wishing he was Polish, or a person from Mongolia wishing he was Manchu. 

You're desiring something that is already similar to yours, and even though you can't fully have it, you can at least become like it. It's much easier for an ethnic Chinese to become part of Japanese culture than it is for an Austrian to become part of Nigerian culture. 

On 2017/4/1 at 1:54 AM, Zalemu said:

That blind worship is exactly why I haven't bothered listening to them. Stupid, yeah, but maybe someday I'll ignore the fanbase and give them a try. Even if I do prefer Luna Sea.

I have seen X Japan three times now and every time X Japan is super late to start, there are more theatrics than music, and most X fans (Japanese or foreign) are annoying as fvck. A lot of them are cosplaying obangya (and when I say obangya, most of them are 40-60 y.o. women/grannies) and their tall hair blocks out pretty much any chance you might of had of seeing the stage. It's not as bad at arenas where the seats are tiered, but at the Visual Japan Summit last year everyone was just in a standing zone and I had to watch most of their performance through a screen.

Also, their fans don't seem to understand the "switch out" system for taiban lives. X Japan were playing last, but some of their hime-sama fans had already decided to take up the front row at 10:00 a.m. when PLC came on.

At a previous show I saw, Yoshiki decided to have some random/awful h.naoto fashion show in the middle of the concert, and even liking h.naoto at the time, it was still like wtf I didn't pay 12,000-15,000 yen for an hour-long intermission when X Japan only had like 8 songs to play in total. Then at every live they play, you have to listen to X Japan and their fans yelling "WE ARE X!" for like 30+ minutes.

The only other person that I've seen put more emphasis on bad theatrics than performing is Gackt, but at least he played more than 8 songs and had better tour goods.

TL;DR, they have good songs and I appreciate them paving the way for visual kei, but there is certainly a cult-like hype around them that isn't entirely deserved. 

Edited by jaymee

How to spot a VK noob (possibly outdated version):

- Says they have like 10 VK albums, but every one of them is a Chinese/Taiwanese bootleg.

- They claim to be "a fan" of a new VK indie band, but they live overseas and the band doesn't have any physical releases out yet.

- Buys polaroids and posters of bands they don't even listen to.

- Constantly points how this/that/everything could be VK or lolita style whenever they go shopping.

- Talks about how Asian/Japanese guys are hotter than Western guys or assumes the majority of Japanese people are as "hot" as VK guys.

- Their favorite VK songs (and possibly the only ones they know) are all anime themes.

- Confuses fanfiction with reality.

2 hours ago, jaymee said:

I have seen X Japan three times now and every time X Japan is super late to start, there are more theatrics than music, and most X fans (Japanese or foreign) are annoying as fvck. A lot of them are cosplaying obangya (and when I say obangya, most of them are 40-60 y.o. women/grannies) and their tall hair blocks out pretty much any chance you might of had of seeing the stage. It's not as bad at arenas where the seats are tiered, but at the Visual Japan Summit last year everyone was just in a standing zone and I had to watch most of their performance through a screen.

Also, their fans don't seem to understand the "switch out" system for taiban lives. X Japan were playing last, but some of their hime-sama fans had already decided to take up the front row at 10:00 a.m. when PLC came on.

At a previous show I saw, Yoshiki decided to have some random/awful h.naoto fashion show in the middle of the concert, and even liking h.naoto at the time, it was still like wtf I didn't pay 12,000-15,000 yen for an hour-long intermission when X Japan only had like 8 songs to play in total. Then at every live they play, you have to listen to the X Japan and X fans yelling "WE ARE X!" for like 30+ minutes.

The only other person that I've seen put more emphasis on bad theatrics than performing is Gackt, but at least he played more than 8 songs and had better tour goods.

TL;DR, they have good songs and I appreciate them paving the way for visual kei, but there is certainly a cult-like hype around them that isn't entirely deserved. 

Even though I consider myself an X Japan fan, I agree with your points.. I wouldn't ever attend an X Japan concert on it's own anyway, because of the crappy theatrics. Also, it's not the same without Hide. (Though, I do think that Hide is horribly misunderstood by Vkei fans. He was more than a sad guy, he was unstable, and needed therapy). 

Heck, X Japan themselves aren't as important as they're hyped up to be. I mean, Saver Tiger formed first, and D'erlanger and Dead End got popular way before X. Also, ToshI got his famous look from Kyo of D'erlanger. Before that, X looked much different.  Heck, X even copied a few riffs from their fellow indie bands (Blue Blood taking their intro from Crows in Black by Rosenfeld) and they weren't any more than another indie early Vkei band until Hide came along. Heck, apparently, the term "Crime of Visual Shock" came from another band, though someone will have to confirm that for me. 

And while Extasy bands did go on to major labels and all, not even the labels prevented Zi:Kill and Glay from breaking up, and I don't ever hear about Tokyo Yankees anymore. Gilles de Rais was a failure too. The only former/current Extasy bands that still preform that I can think of on the top of my head are Luna Sea, X, Tokyo Yankees and Glay. Ultimately, Dynamite Tommy's Free Will label was more successful in the end, because they're still a driving force. 

While X may have been one of the first Vkei bands to go major, that isn't nearly as important as the driving force in the indie scene, as Vkei is built from the ground up. The indie bands are the backbone. 

I'm going on a soapbox here, but I felt this needed to be said. 

Check out the fucking comments for this one 

Nocturnal Bloodlust x26 kuukautta sitten (muokattu)

This is the version of kami-band (babymetal) in guy by that make various styles in a song... retarders ha ha ha Lesson one by japanese: take note this is how it's done. See it, learn it, do it.

Fear and loathing in las VG6 kuukautta sitten (muokattu)

Metalcore Djent messhuggah Deathcore Metal alternative Heavy metal Power metal Dark metal..... more?

Corey Taylor9996665 kuukautta sitten (muokattu)

What is this?? Babymetal 2.0 kawaii core?? not bad.....

Metal Darke5 kuukautta sitten (muokattu)

Yes, the enhanced version of the metalcore, a pity that are japanese, or not, Dir en Grey... the he had success... Equal has, the people of now alone hear to bands generics americans than all are copy or of Slipknot, Miw , Lamb of god or Linkin Park.... But I subscribe 私が購読します... Arrive here for nocturnal bloodlust

B A B Y M E T A L Death5 kuukautta sitten

Here we are consuming generic music, and while in japanese play mixing of various styles of metal en one alone song.

Fear and loathing in las VG5 kuukautta sitten

The Japanese metal humiliate to metal of US in two times, definitely... until the power metal japanese is much better than of the US

MXM metalhead6 kuukautta sitten (muokattu)

Bullet for my Valentine copied to BMTH, and here the japanese invented a new genre "BLACK-CORE-DJENT" or "DJENT-CORE-DEATH-POWER" = Djentcore = Blackcoredjent.. WTF.... ha ha ha ha

retarders ha ha ha lesson one: Write as if your shit was poorly translated through google.

Edited by NICKT

h6OFd02.png 

Don't know whether this is a newb, troll, or is just delusional. (What's worse is that it comes from an argument on Vkei being Emo. Yeah to end it all, last time I checked, Emo was Rites of Spring, Fugazi, Sunny Day Real Estate, AFI and Jawbreaker)

And yes, definitely the ancient Japanese, the Jomon and Yayoi peoples, were playing heavy metal while wearing a lot of makeup. Forget all those archaeologists who said they only had 6 string Kotos and Clay flutes. This guy is obviously an expert on Vkei

button wasnt working, delete 

Edited by blackdoll

"Grieva is just as good or better than Metis Gretel"

Edited by blackdoll

It didnt post when i clicked, then it did post when i refreshed, so i ended up with 2 post   "old school VK doesn't exist anymore"

"old VK was the best, all the new bands sound the same" (Like the old ones were ripping each other off)

"vk is dead"

*on Lycaon red rum* "another dir en grey clone"

"mao in Rosario is copying kyo in obscure"

"everything about sadie is coping dir en grey"

"at least Dir en grey is original"

"kyo is the best vocalist" 

"Karma sounds just like yuuki"

"this visual kei band is brutal"

"western bands suck"

"visual kei & Jrock sound nothing like those shitty western bands"

"VK is only for japanese people"

"_______ ripping off Kiyoharu"

"_______ ripping of gazette"

"no Dir en Grey and The gazette are real and this band is trash"

"back in the 90s vk was all chaotic and dark" (like biaser, ballads didnt exist)

"the video has like shockvale you cant get today"

"Arlequin is one the best, they giving something that is just so unique"

"there is no screaming or growling, it sucks and is generic"

"Memento mori is ripping off kiryu and D"

"this song is hard, so it's totally good" 

"Memento Mori sucks compared to Kuroyuri to Kage"

"these 2 bands are the same"

"the band got weaker, they suck now" 

"im not gay but id fuck them"

"there too pretty i would never date them"

"existtrance makes me so gay"

"the black swan is Nege 2.0"

"aww i just found this band and i found out they disbanded"

Edited by blackdoll

2 hours ago, Disposable said:

I think sources should be obligatory for posting in this thread first of all, lol. I like the potential it has so it ought to b salvaged.

cause it kind of feels like "post your thinly veiled opinions as shit that noob vk fans say" thread

I definitely agree. I don't mind what people have put here because it's all a matter of opinion (I guess), but I would love to see some more pics and/or anecdotes of truly n00bish occurences. :P 

Edited by gekiai

3 hours ago, Disposable said:

I think sources should be obligatory for posting in this thread first of all, lol. I like the potential it has so it ought to b salvaged.

cause it kind of feels like "post your thinly veiled opinions as shit that noob vk fans say" thread

But aren't we all just noob vk fans at the end of the day..

4 hours ago, Komorebi said:

But isn't Ruki actually ripping of Kiyo half the time? lol

Either that or Yu-Dai from Sex Android

sorrynotsorry

On 5/25/2017 at 7:57 AM, Disposable said:

The only reason I didn't post sources before was because I was just letting out all the crazy stuff I've heard throughout the years. Now I've pretty much got all that expressed, I'm mostly doing sources now 

Edited by AimiGen7

10 hours ago, Komorebi said:

But isn't Ruki actually ripping of Kiyo half the time? lol

what about Kon? i was listening to La'mule and i was thinking this is who ruki wishes was