Ro plz

Blacklist YOHIO and/or Western VK

I'm just gonna keep it straight.

There's more than enough evidence on here that shows we don't care about YOHIO and the other western VK bands. A lot of said threads get derailed hella quick with us wondering why such topics were made in the first place and various jokes (which i find hilarious at times). This then leads to one or more warnings from mods (which they actually are entitled and in the right to do)....And if things continue to derail, the topic is locked. 

We not checking for him or anyone else in that niche here in MH (besides one or two ppl). There's other people all over the net who care and can go find updates on him via his twitter account or the other J-rock news sites. Blacklisting saves the mods doing more work than they have to, once said threads are posted, they can lock em and keep it moving. OR even better....we can move such news to the spam section.  It keeps us on focusing on bands/news we actually care about and the temptation to troll and shit post as a response can decrease significantly.

Just a suggestion.

Nah, that's lame as hell. It's literally just Yohio's account that's making things weird, but other than that it's not something that people absolutely cannot live with. All the Yohio and BATAAR threads on this board were made by like the same two or three people, so it's just better to discourage them from doing more of them if it becomes more like spamming or bait ( in silver_yohio's case though, I think that line was crossed. ) 

And I for one will not cease from talking about DISREIGN just because idiotic restrictions have to be put in place for some people who have been on this board for like two minutes and cannot refrain from putting their funny hats on and derailing threads. 

38 minutes ago, violetchain said:

Literally all people not interested in Western VK need to do is not respond and the threads will die on their own.

Oh, I'm sure they do.

I would think the actual problem would be more obvious, but eh. 

They'll figure it out.

Ok, so can we make a poll about vk bands no one cares about then and blacklist them as well so we won't have to see news we don't care about? 

Jeez, what's next...

I don't think it's really that big of a deal. Besides there is a non-japanese section to this thread as well... and we're all mostly non-japanese people listening to music from another country so it'd be a little backwards to block a portion of foreign pull...? Like if you don't like something... don't read or respond? That's the mods job to pay attention to stuff like that... so let them handle it accordingly if it's a problem??????

Where is the real issue?

The idea of banning discussion about an artist is a very slippery slope.

If the moderation team invokes a rule stating that an artist cannot be discussed here because we "don't care", that doesn't stop us from clamping down on discussion about any bands we don't really like. I'll be honest in that I don't care for YOHIO, but just because I do not doesn't mean someone else doesn't and they should be free to talk about visual kei in all its forms here, even white-washed kei. I also don't want to institute a rule banning all discussion of western visual kei, since that gets into a sticky discussion about what is visual kei and what isn't. Very few of us here are qualified to even begin that debate and I don't think the result would be very fruitful - just less discussion overall.

Also, YOHIO topics tend to be some of the most interesting on the forum since that's where everyone brings out their Sunday best jokes and memes.

I would be okay in instituting a rule restricting all YOHIO/western visual kei discussion to Global Music General Discussion.

Restricting discussion on a band is not only censorship, but can be seen as elitist. 

It's like how on the Metal Archives, it's banned to discuss any band that is "core", is "makeup wearing f*gs" (Reffering to how they HATE Dir En Grey) and "is Glam". 

To restrict discussion on western Vkei because "we don't care about it" is just plain wrong. I may not care about Yohio, but I'm interested in BATAAR and Endigo. 

Just let them talk about it. Like Trombe's signature said "If you don't care, don't read". 

1 minute ago, Ro plz said:

giphy.gif

WHELP. 

Guess it's too late to say my dog took my computer and that wasn't me who posted this huh?

at least you're not bringing up the "i don't remember posting this while half-asleep" bullshit x)

14 minutes ago, Ro plz said:

giphy.gif

WHELP. 

Guess it's too late to say my dog took my computer and that wasn't me who posted this huh?

Wait, people don't use their dogs to post for them? Well crap, I've been doing things wrong the entire time! xD

Besides, I've listen music from loved VK bands that are FAR, FAR WORSE than his vktrope-fest shit like Sky Limit or Our Story, and this is coming from someone who couldn't care less for Yohio

Edited by chemicalpictures

Interesting... I've heard about Western VK artists via word of mouth over the last few years, but can't say I've ever really listened to any, and I certainly wasn't aware of it being a legitimate movement. I now feel the need to do some exploring on YouTube...

11 hours ago, chemicalpictures said:

Besides, I've listen music from loved VK bands that are FAR, FAR WORSE than his vktrope-fest shit like Sky Limit or Our Story, and this is coming from someone who couldn't care less for Yohio

COOLSTORYBRO but no one been bashing your own bad taste here?????