drnic010

Brand new, fresh out the box member here!

Welcome to MH, wow thats cool so  you really loved LUNA SEA since then.

whats your favorite song from Luna sea and tell us what are the others bands you've listened to besides Luna sea, X-Japan, Zi:kill, Die in Cries, Dead End and Siam Shade.

you've been a fan of VK for so long. I'm amazed for such fan.

Anyways enjoy your time man.

Welcome to the forum, bud!

Seems like we got into VK around the same time (it was 2003 for me). Hope you find something new to enjoy here!

Welcome, bruh. 

ME myself been around VK since 2004 too, but my interest is quite mainstream at that time, such as The GazettE, Alice Nine, and so on. 

But recently, I'm kind obsessed with some oldies like Madeth Gray'll, Michiru Project, and Lyse:Nore.

I hope you can enjoy the forum, cause some people can't 😄

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy things here!

Compared to a lot of the people here, I'm a "newbie" though I think of myself as quite experienced.

My expertise is dark, folk-sy Eroguro and Angurakei bands. Bands like Ningen Isu, Inugami Circus Dan, Sex Android, Mucc, or in terms of newer bands, Kuroyuri To Kage. Since you like Punk Rock, you'll probably like Inugami Circus Dan and Sex Android. Ningen Isu is more Sabbathy and Priesty, and Mucc is more Alternative Metal with a whole bunch of other influences.

I've also been getting into a lot more 90's bands, and exploring a lot of really early 80's Vkei bands. It's amazing to think that almost all of the early influential Vkei bands were at one point just an offshoot of the Speed Metal/New Wave British Heavy Metal and Thrash Metal scene in Japan, and they probably didn't know what new thing they were starting.  

But, you ever need any information on an Eroguro or Angura band, I'm your gal!

Hey, thanks for the offer!

I've got to admit that I'm a bit clueless about about the various VK sub genres. I remember reading up on them a couple of years back, but I've totally forgotten everything :/

I love seeing the parallels between the NWBHM and New Wave movements; and the early VK bands. I've always thought that if bands like LUNA SEA and BUCK-TICK had started out in 1978 in the UK, they would have been massive over here :)

On 3/18/2017 at 7:06 PM, drnic010 said:

Hey, thanks for the offer!

I've got to admit that I'm a bit clueless about about the various VK sub genres. I remember reading up on them a couple of years back, but I've totally forgotten everything :/

I love seeing the parallels between the NWBHM and New Wave movements; and the early VK bands. I've always thought that if bands like LUNA SEA and BUCK-TICK had started out in 1978 in the UK, they would have been massive over here :)

That's sort of similar to what Gene Simmons said about X Japan, that if they were American, they'd be the biggest band in the world. I kind of see early VisualKei kind of like the rise of Speed Metal, Thrash Metal and Hardcore Punk in the US and UK, and 90's Vkei sort of like the rise of Gothic Rock influenced bands like AFI, along with the rise in Alternative Rock and Alternative Metal, like Primus, and Korn (Which we all know the latter would help pioneer Nu Metal.). 

On 3/20/2017 at 1:43 PM, AimiGen7 said:

That's sort of similar to what Gene Simmons said about X Japan, that if they were American, they'd be the biggest band in the world.

Oh yeah! That quote's from We Are X right? I saw that when I went to see them play in London... really great documentary!

Also, I've been doing a little catching up with VK sub-genres as you got me thinking about which ones I was into. I think my taste probably leans towards old school Kurofuku and Kote Kei, although I have been revisiting Kagrra as of late and am thinking I should explore Angura Kei a bit more. I've always really liked their album San due to the blend of Alternative Rock and traditional Japanese instruments / melodies. Not sure why I never looked more into that sub-genre to be honest.

I think I'm gonna enjoy this forum a lot :)

1 hour ago, drnic010 said:

Oh yeah! That quote's from We Are X right? I saw that when I went to see them play in London... really great documentary!

Also, I've been doing a little catching up with VK sub-genres as you got me thinking about which ones I was into. I think my taste probably leans towards old school Kurofuku and Kote Kei, although I have been revisiting Kagrra as of late and am thinking I should explore Angura Kei a bit more. I've always really liked their album San due to the blend of Alternative Rock and traditional Japanese instruments / melodies. Not sure why I never looked more into that sub-genre to be honest.

I think I'm gonna enjoy this forum a lot :)

If you do look into more AnguraKei, expect a lot of dark bands xD. 

And yeah, the quote is from We Are X~