A ProTip is a piece of advice, from a pro, to help someone become a pro themselves (I'm no pro btw, I'm just using the word)

I'd like to dedicate this thread to those of us, who have seen our fair share of dates, or relationships, and may have some wisdom to share for those who are new to dating/relationships, or would like to read our tips in order to help them improve/gain some insight from others experiences.

I hope that with this thread, we can answer some people's concerns, or prove/debunk myths when it comes to dating/relationships.

I hope I can learn a thing myself.

I created the thread, so I guess I'll add the first one.

Pro Tip:

Don't EVER, under any circumstance, make assumptions about the person you are dating/seeing.
It's up to you to ask questions (point of a date) and shed some light on things (you want to get to know them, right?), so you don't go assuming and acting on what may have been, taken out of context.

Some examples of phrases I've heard/said myself before on dates, confirming that assumptions can be/were made:

• "Oh. You're one of those...."
  • "Well, that explains things"/"Ah, makes sense now"/"Hmm. Well, no wonder."/"OK then."
  • "You're not like the others..."
  • "You're all the same"
  • "You must/must not get that a lot"

IF, by chance, you have those thoughts, DON'T SAY IT TO THEM.

They are your thoughts, not facts.

What can happen is, you will be DROPPED/LET GO, because your assumptions caused them to make assumptions.

The irony.

No one wants to be grouped into something that they may not even be a part of.

This is why asking questions and getting answers are the best alternative.

Protip: It's up to both of you to keep the relationship interesting

Protip: Give each other some space once in a while

Protip: It Helps to do random little things for eachother

@sheepprincessgara *gasp* does that mean I made it stressful and exhausting for her if i didn't feel that way?

1 -  Be individuals, not a single unit. If you're both doing different things, giving each other space, finding your own friends it'll keep the relationship alive and chances are you won't get tired of each other.

2 - Take interest in the person. If you don't give a shit about their day, their life, where they've been/ what they have done, their opinions then you shouldn't be here. They'll feel undervalued and replaceable eventually.

3 -  As with above: Even if your personal hobbies and interests are different give it a try. You can have fun together, or at least you'll learn something new.

4 -  Take time to just talk. Make sure you cultivate a habit of being able to speak openly with each other about stuff. Surprised no one mentioned it yet but, communication is key.

5 -  Find out what is important to that person and make sure you respect it, even if it's an effort for you. It'll be worth it in the long run.

Edited by Platy

Protip:

If his dad is also gay, it's probably best to not mention you've found his profile on Grindr too. Most normal people don't like literal father / son roleplay and they'll probably call the police.

On the plus side, this does open up for the most golden opportunity to be petty. If you get in a fight, now you can potentially yell "I've fucked your dad!"

3 hours ago, Biopanda said:

Protip:

Never date ever. Cut yourself off from the world and give into the memes. Feel the meme. Sense the meme. Become the meme.

This is the best tip XD

protips:

• be patient and always think the best of your partner until you have ~actual~ reason to assume otherwise (ldr brotip unless yr bf is an adorable hermit like mine)
  • the couple that watches spooky videos together STAYS together
  • when u show him ur vk and he doesnt run in the other direction he's a keeper
  • make sure you know your boundaries and your self-esteem so you never end up dependent on another person...no one can fulfill you like you fulfill you
  • don't be in a relationship for the sake of being in a relationship, be with someone who teaches you stuff about the world and about yourself that you wouldn't be able to learn otherwise, being single is vastly underrated

14 minutes ago, emmny said:

protips:

• be patient and always think the best of your partner until you have ~actual~ reason to assume otherwise (ldr brotip unless yr bf is an adorable hermit like mine)
  • the couple that watches spooky videos together STAYS together
  • when u show him ur vk and he doesnt run in the other direction he's a keeper
  • make sure you know your boundaries and your self-esteem so you never end up dependent on another person...no one can fulfill you like you fulfill you
  • don't be in a relationship for the sake of being in a relationship, be with someone who teaches you stuff about the world and about yourself that you wouldn't be able to learn otherwise, being single is vastly underrated

CaloV1A.jpg

jk come thru with all this love <3

Protip: Don't walk on broken glass, it'll get stuck in your feet.

Protip: Water is wet.

Protip: Dirty is dirty.

Protip: Fire is hot.

Protip: How wings are hot.

Protip: You're not hot.

Protip: jk you are.

Protip: Stay away from people who abuse how soft-hearted you are, don't change your ways, but change those around you. There's no reason for you to turn into a dick because one fucked you.

Pro tip #1 Don't get someone pregnant, or be the one that gets preganant
Pro tip #2 Don't get married
Pro tip #3 Get some sort of education, be it formal, technical or vocational ( if this isn't possible skip to the next tip)
Pro tip #4 Get a job and aim to be the best at it.
Pro tip #5 Self educate. Read a ton of books, attend lectures or classes on a variety of subjects from health, to fiances, to social interaction, or anything that will help you with your current job.

Profit

You'll move from being a poor weeb who can barely afford your vk indie rarez, to a financially stable, possibly wealthy adult with built up confidence/self esteem and a good well of knowledge to get the best out of life and the know how on how to deal with all the bullshit people or crappy situations life will throw at you. From there you can snatch a waifu/husbando of your liking or choose whatever direction you want to go in life. Kinda hard to fuck up at that point. 

Protip:

If they are eager to leave their partner or cheat on them for you, there is a good chance they will leave or cheat on you for someone else.

protip: 

Give them their space. It's cool if you wanna do everything together, but you gotta respect the fact that they have a right to privacy as well, and if you can't trust them, then there is either something wrong with your relationship or your self esteem.

protip:

Don't be a dick. Like seriously, they are gonna like shit you find stupid, but that doesn't mean you need to degrade them for it.

protip:

Not everyone is comfortable with it, but if you are, find someone you can look at butts and cute girls together with.

Edited by ArtFart

23 hours ago, Panda_bear said:

You'll move from being a poor weeb who can barely afford your vk indie rarez, to a financially stable, possibly wealthy adult with built up confidence/self esteem and a good well of knowledge to get the best out of life and the know how on how to deal with all the bullshit people or crappy situations life will throw at you. From there you can snatch a waifu/husbando of your liking or choose whatever direction you want to go in life. Kinda hard to fuck up at that point. 

This is actually an excellent tip.

Ultimate protip:

If they're more trouble than they're worth, drop it.

There are so many people out there who don't see this and insist on "fixing" people. Yo, hun, not your problem. This tactic applies to all "fixer-uppers"; high-maintenance, basic bitches who bring nothing new to the table personality-wise; manipulative little shits and "playing hard to get" skanks.

The bread has spoken.

Pro-tip: Don't treat your life like levels in a video game. Not everyone has to unlock the "got married" or "had kids" achievement to have a meaningful life.

Pro-tip: Nobody is ever 100% sure about marriage. If they are then they are likely naive or lying. Nobody can ever predict how they or their partners will change over time. You will always have what-if thoughts in a relationship/marriage, like with any other big decision. I don't have kids, but my friends with kids say they still have what-if thoughts, too.

Pro-tip: Because people are constantly changing and re-evaluating what they want, I definitely recommend waiting a few years to tie the knot and living with the person during that time.

Pro-tip: Love, relationships, and marriage are hard work, and what you get is proportional to what you and your partner put in after the rush of euphoria in the beginning fades away. 

Pro-tip: Embrace being single and finding out who you are and what you want. The more secure you are with yourself, the more it's going to help whatever relationship you get into, if you decide to get into one. I feel like I was able to bring more into my relationship/marriage because I had spent so much time working on myself and what I wanted while I was single.

Pro-tip: Any major decision you make is like opening a door and stepping into a room with less doors. So as you get older, you have less choices. You can go back into the previous room, but it will be at some expense, to others or to yourself. That means that if you have all these things you want to do, having a relationship or children will only take away from the time you can dedicate to those things. This isn't to sound negative, but there is only so much time and so much of yourself you can give, and it's not fair to ask a partner or children to constantly put their lives on hold for yours.

Pro-tip: I feel like it shouldn't need to be said, but don't date married people or people who cheated on someone else to be with you! I have so many friends that have done this and it never turns out well and then people like me gotta listen to your crying ass when you're surprised he/she's cheating on you, too, and you're not the only side chick/side dude. Ya'll are better than that. Always know your own self worth.