So I've decide to show these guys love and get a discussion going. I loved all of their "Rebirth" releases from 2016-2017!

chariots

DNbZXscUIAA-MFa.jpg:large

Active: 2007-2018

Members:

戮 (Riku) - Vocals

迅 (Jin) - Bass

美景 (Mikage) - Drums

chariots formed in November 2007 by Riku ex.

Phantasmagoria and were signed to UNDER CODE PRODUCTION. In early 2010 most of chariots members left the band with the exception of Riku. They would make a brief return in 2012 with their current line-up although this would only last until 2013. In 2016 chariots has reformed with all of the members from  2012-2013 except Gu. Neo (ねお). chariots suspended activities after a oneman live titled , "Zankyou CRADLE" (残響クレイドル)", on 2017-11-23 at EDGE IKEBUKURO after the the departure of guitarist KAZ due to health reasons. 

chariots disbanded on April 22, 2018.

Their  2016 Rebirth Discography:  2 live dist. singles  "棘咎 (togetoga) and "閃光(senkou)", 1 maxi-single "忌際 (Kisai)", a new version of their song "シュガァパウダー (sugar powder)" on "V.A「DEEP MORE DEEP#4」" , the mini-album "深紅に揺らめく、儚き鶺鴒(shinku ni yurameku hakanaki sekirei)", a new version of their song "griever" on the live dist. single "griever" , the maxi-single "Succubus" , their second mini-album "Revenir"  and a coupling single with "ピサロ (pisarro )" "-照準はdessinされたアイツの影- (-Shōjun wa dessin sa reta aitsu no kage-)"

OHP

:lastfm:

:twitter:

Edited by Mamo

I really like this song, but rest of what I've heard back in pre-hiatus period was nothing special, and I don't like Riku's vocals.

their bassist used to be in Unsraw, or is it some other Jin?

Edited by nekkichi

7 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

I really like this song, but rest of what I've heard back in pre-hiatus period was nothing special, and I don't like Riku's vocals.

their bassist used to be in Unsraw, or is it some other Jin?

Yeah it's that JIn. Do you like ablaze my sorrow? 

And here some of their new songs. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

37 minutes ago, sume7 said:

Yeah it's that JIn. Do you like ablaze my sorrow? 

oh, thanks!

no, altho I remember that song

Riku and slow-tempo compositions are basically peak unbearable for me (I had same problem when mago were around.)

they sound way better on the recent singles, but I'm surprised people who were shittalking Gazette when UGLY dropped haven't gone for chariots' weaves after 閃光.

(it also transitions into something *really* familiar past the obligatory MtH riff, but I can't figure out what exactly????)

20 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

oh, thanks!

no, altho I remember that song

Riku and slow-tempo compositions are basically peak unbearable for me (I had same problem when mago were around.)

they sound way better on the recent singles, but I'm surprised people who were shittalking Gazette when UGLY dropped haven't gone for chariots' weaves after 閃光.

(it also transitions into something *really* familiar past the obligatory MtH riff, but I can't figure out what exactly????)

People actually have been going crazy about at least I know a few. They were featured  on the recommended tracks in November for the song "深紅に揺らめく、儚き鶺鴒" which is ballad btw. lol But yeah if don't like his clean singing I guess you probably wouldn't like any of their ballads. Their heavy stuff is definitely better than in the past and even their ballads have lost that "mago" esque  style which is a good thing if you ask me because they needed to be their own band not "Phantasmagoria".

Personally I'm diggin' all of their new stuff a lot more than their old stuff.

Also you're welcome.

Edited by sume7

I liked chariots quite a lot in the very beginning...maybe I missed Mago a lot but the bands sound got more boring and sometimes weird with every new release...

It was clear that Riku tried to get off that Mago train with full force but the result didn't get on to me in any way...

Now he's back with a new line-up (GOSH...I love KAZ) and a fresh sound wich really got me!

I'm glad he's finally of that UCP shadowed past and he's doing fine ^^

So fad I liked all their releases and I'm curious where Riku is gonna taking us in the future.

1 minute ago, Alucardius said:

I liked chariots quite a lot in the very beginning...maybe I missed Mago a lot but the bands sound got more boring and sometimes weird with every new release...

It was clear that Riku tried to get off that Mago train with full force but the result didn't get on to me in any way...

Now he's back with a new line-up (GOSH...I love KAZ) and a fresh sound wich really got me!

I'm glad he's finally of that UCP shadowed past and he's doing fine ^^

So fad I liked all their releases and I'm curious where Riku is gonna taking us in the future.

Couldn't have said it better. I agree 100%.

Edited by sume7

I really loved Riku back with Phantasmagoria and followed him over to Chariots. However, I'm a terrible fan because I was certain that they were disbanded for good for the longest time. So I'm happy that they're at least making new music, hopefully they're good. I've been meaning to listen to more visual kei bands again so this will be a nice start for me.

10 hours ago, heresytrash said:

I really loved Riku back with Phantasmagoria and followed him over to Chariots. However, I'm a terrible fan because I was certain that they were disbanded for good for the longest time. So I'm happy that they're at least making new music, hopefully they're good. I've been meaning to listen to more visual kei bands again so this will be a nice start for me.

You should check out this post if you want to hear some of their new stuff: 

I like so much new Chariots! many songs of the pre-hiatus period (2007-2010) do not like.. (here is the screen of the songs that I appreciate) even if the looks were much more beautiful than now >_> old Chariots had a sound a little influenced by Phantasmagoria style in my opinion, now have managed to find their own style and I love when Riku plays a lot with his voice, doing growl and scream ;D is clearly seen that it is very comfortable! ^^

17198118_10208687489760166_736258186_n.p

Finally got chariots new version of "griever" from  their oneman 2016/12/09 "「for the crimson thug life」TSUTAYA O-WESTにて配布". It's so much better than the original! OMG!!! Which is really saying something because I loved the original version. Got this shit on repeat right now!

Edited by sume7

I'm glad chariot are getting some lover around here. I recently rediscovered  夢、傷痕 and totally forgot how beautiful it is! 

Edited by The Moon

3 minutes ago, The Moon said:

I'm glad chariots are getting some lover around here. I recently rediscovered  夢、傷痕 and totally forgot how beautiful it is! 

Yeah very glad to see people sharing in my love for them. lol Have you heard their new stuff btw? If not you can listen to a lot of it here: Btw  "深紅に揺らめく、儚き鶺鴒"  is a ballad and it's amazing.

I wonder what "trickster(美景Vocal ver)" sounds like. Also if it will be released in the future. Maybe on an album? Because they have been playing a lot of old songs from their pre-hiatus era and they've remade 2 "シュガァパウダー (sugar powder)" and "griever". I wouldn't mind seeing a bunch of self covers on a new album(with new songs too of course).

Edited by sume7

22 minutes ago, sume7 said:
I wonder what "trickster(美景Vocal ver)" sounds like. Also if it will be released in the future. Maybe on an album? Because they have been playing a lot of old songs from their pre-hiatus era and they've remade 2 "シュガァパウダー (sugar powder)" and "griever". I wouldn't mind seeing a bunch of self covers on a new album(with new songs too of course).

Aahhahaha I don't think so! Trickster (Mikage vocal ver) it's just a nice thing created for the birthday of Mikage ;) But it would be nice to see the live version **

PS: I love Trigger and Sono shunkan okuru hanataba o <3 I hope to see an early remastered version!

13 minutes ago, Serox said:

Aahhahaha I don't think so! Trickster (Mikage vocal ver) it's just a nice thing created for the birthday of Mikage ;) But it would be nice to see the live version **

PS: I love Trigger and Sono shunkan okuru hanataba o <3 I hope to see an early remastered version!

I'd really like to hear new versions of  "ablaze my sorrow" and "Bane", those were my favorites from back then.

Edited by sume7

The full single "Succubus" for anyone who hasn't heard: 

Spoiler

Spoiler