Sign in to follow this  
The Piass

Morrigan new mini album 「XISS IN THE DARK」

MORRIGAN's sound is softening overall and it's not a bad thing, at first It seemed for a while like each release of theirs was only good for that one headbanger that sounds like an updated version of the banger from the last release.. now of course they are building that body of work with some emotional draw and I love it because I weirdly stanleyed XIBALBA in highschool...

Tranq, ASPIRIN and 顔ノ亡ヰ聖母 were all pretty good from the album, but damn SUPERSTAR is beastly I love both sections of it.<3

Uhm so was "XISS" always supposed to be saying "Kiss" ?? Haha wow well that's something I finally understand, weird to sub the X in for the K instead of the vowel in the middle as in "KXSS"

I thought they were saying it like KRAD's mini album "XisDead" = "'x' is dead" = EXISTED"

^ low key the last meaning didn't hit me until my dad said it... he was lucky enough to see it at Tower and he's like oh that's clever. I'm like yeah I knew that... I'm clever like you guys right?

I listened to the preview for this and although most of Morrigan's songs sound the same (fight me) these seem to be the best they've done yet. I can't wait to hear the full thing!

14 hours ago, tenshibara said:

most of Morrigan's songs sound the same (fight me) 

accurate tho.

they'd also sound way better if those growls were gone, like, leave this shit to people who know how to do it without inducing hearing damage

9 hours ago, nekkichi said:

accurate tho.

they'd also sound way better if those growls were gone, like, leave this shit to people who know how to do it without inducing hearing damage

Yep... I still love them though lmao. Idk why, but it's an emotional attachment. I guess I just felt bad for mistaking them for Elysion for a few months... Don't ask.

9 hours ago, nekkichi said:

if those growls were gone

I'd be out the dooooor with them lol but hey Aryu hasn't left actual singing to someone who knows how to do it either so both are probably staying..

I don't have a problem w. his singing vocals, but growls give me a headache, and I'm actually thirsting for some decent new ones since an unsraw/doak follow-up band hasn't happened so far.

I like his singing tbh lol, just to say that it's like an amateur style as well and has basically always been the same his last band (maybe a bit more refined). but I feel you I'm depressed by the lack of post unsraw activity now too lol

It sounds good but it does sound like I've heard it before. I still like them alot but I don't find myself focusing on a lot of their tracks. I can put them on shuffle and sometimes it just blends until I hit a ballad or something different for them. I mean I listen to Pentagon so I can't say much. 

morrigan new look overall reminds me of those guys from final fantasy 7 advent children

i'm listening to the new cd now and i love it as always but i agree that it sounds like nothing new, most of their stuff sounds really similar (not always a bad thing i guess).

^ this sounded pretty damn good! made me remember i still got their new minialbum lying around in one of my CD shelves and i still need to listen to it... XD

Sign in to follow this