fitear1590

グリモア-GRIMOIRE-

What are your favorite GRIMOIRE tracks?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite GRIMOIRE tracks?

• ひとりトピア
    • げんそうシンドローム
    • ぼくとタルパ
    • ゼロとくろ
    • ネバーエンド
    • からくりパルム
    • ブラッディマイパレード
    • 「シン」せかい
    • アルギュロスのはね
    • マイムマイム
    • エデンのそこ
    • フラブジャスナハト
    • せいたんデビル
    • プラスチックシアター
    • クロノメイト
    • [    ]
    • あましずくとマクガフィン
    • クライクライネ
    • ぼくとタルパ (Rerecording)
    • げんそうシンドローム (Rerecording)
    • いらないもの
    • ねじれインサイド
    • タロットゲーム
    • アルカイクスマイル
    • ゆめのまほろば
    • トリックホリック
    • ウラノメトリア
    • すいそうのうみ
    • ハロー&グッバイ

グリモア-GRIMOIRE-

websaito
YouChube

Members
Vo: RyNK (I)
Gt: Kie (Wolf)
Gt: Amu (Owl)
Ba: Lune (Sheep)
Dr. Mel (Rabbit)

~Looks~
6hwCXG9.png
Grimoire-grimoire-E3-82-B0-E3-83-AA-E3-8
CuLIudnUIAAhrHd.jpg
1219e31f.jpeg

dnowlc.jpg

m798c1.jpg

~Discography~
96820150824022458.jpg
ひとりトピア (Hitoritopia)
1. ひとりトピア
2. げんそうシンドローム

dlmcno.jpg
ぼくとタルパ (Boku to Tulpa)
1. ぼくとタルパ
2. ゼロとくろ

96820160420172857.jpg
ワールド エンド トゥリー (World End Tree)
1. ネバーエンド
2. からくりパルム 
3. ブラッディマイパレード
4. 「シン」せかい
5. アルギュロスのはね

96820161116203847.jpg
マイムマイム (Mime Mime)
1. マイムマイム
2. エデンのそこ

96820161229190517.jpg
フラブジャスナハト (Frabjous Nacht)
1. フラブジャスナハト
2. せいたんデビル
3. プラスチックシアター (type A)
3. クロノメイト (type B )

nnuuci.jpg
 グリモワール (Grimoire / "Gurimowaaru")

1. [    ]
2. あましずくとマクガフィン
3. フラブジャスナハト
4. クライクライネ
5. ネバーエンド
6. ぼくとタルパ (タルパVer.)

6. げんそうシンドローム (げんそうVer.)
7. いらないもの
8. ねじれインサイド
9. マイムマイム
10. タロットゲーム
11. アルカイクスマイル
12. ゆめのまほろば

ioizyq.jpg

トリックホリック (Trick Holic)
1. トリックホリック

29gdgp.jpg
ウラノメトリア (Uranometria)
1.ウラノメトリア
2.すいそうのうみ
3.ハロー&グッバイ

~Videos~

~Let us eat the fruits of fate~

Edited by fitear1590

Those who follow MH's Recommended Tracks series know that any time GRIMOIRE has a new release, they're bound to end up on the list. I'm pretty picky when it comes to contemporary VK, but this band has become one of my favorites currently active in the scene. From their their bedtime/zodiac outfits to their surprisingly well-produced gothic PVs, this band takes full advantage of their visual element. Musically, I like to describe them as 'dark graveyard carnival kei.' Considering that all the musicians all stem from the guilty-pleasure pop band PIECE, I was a little more than surprised when my host boys started churning out chugalicious riffs. Somehow, the style works for them and it's the best (and most technical) they've ever sounded. While their output can be a bit 'samey,' I can't knock them for sticking to a niche concept that is so meticulous (everything from thematic cover art to the scribbly 'handwritten' text on every PV). From what I've read, some people aren't fans of their first release, Hitoritopia, which featured noticeably more amateur production, but lawd, I loved how atmospheric it was. I'm hoping they'll bring back that vibe in full-swing, now that they have the production to properly back it up.

They seem to have just recently signed with Timely Records (DADAROMA, XAA-XAA, etc.), so I see big things in GRIMOIRE's future!

Anyway, it's about time we had a thread for them here! Who else is a fan? Favorite song/PV/release/member? All discussion is welcome!

Edited by fitear1590

yessss, every part of what they do is so on point—aesthetically, musically, the whole thing. love them so much. can't narrow down my favorite tracks in good faith as i need to re-listen to the non-PV songs but the low-slung menace of never end and mime mime is what hooked me at first, and i stayed for the nervous-breakdown-fairytale of boku to tulpa (and the new record!). so so so good. RyNK's vox are so evocative

3 hours ago, fitear1590 said:

Considering that all the musicians all stem from the guilty-pleasure pop band PIECE

oh my gosh that's incredible!?

Their first two singles are weak Imo but everything after gets progressively better to the point where I don't skip any tracks in 'Frabjous Nacht'. 

Their visual concept on the other hand, is solid from the start and I love the attention to detail in regards to their background story. 

I also can't wait till they release an album

Favourite PV, probably Frabjous Nacht. 

I've been watching some videos of them being interviewed and they're all so awkward lol I didn't know rynk did the whole 'silent' type vk trope. It's new seeing a vocalist doing that. But yeah I can't pick a favourite member yet because they're all so awkward 

Edited by Platy

I freaked out when I realized Rynk was vocalist of diement. I used to love them[for whatever reason XDD]

I would like to know more about their concept, the story of the band that they portray. They have a very theatrical live and a very devoted fanbase as far as I saw[back in November] I noticed they seem to have some special things having to do with the merch at the lives, but my Japanese isn't good so I couldn't quite understand what is was.  I very much look forward to seeing them live again and finding out kind of what they are about.

GRIMOIRE are releasing a new single on December 13th!

96820171031215513.jpg

Title is ウラノメトリア (Uranometria) - named for the first ever atlas to record the entire celestial sphere.

カストル (Castor) ver. has two tracks (1.ウラノメトリア 2.すいそうのうみ) and a music vid for the title track: 1,800 yen.

ポルックス (Pollux) ver. has three tracks (1+2 same as other ver. 3.ハロー&グッバイ): 1,500 yen.

Castor and Pollux are the names of the twins who were eventually transformed into the constellation Gemini, which makes for a cool celestial theme to the single.

Visuals:

Spoiler

GRIMOIRE_201712_AP.jpg

96820171031215948.jpg

96820171031215933.jpg

96820171031215919.jpg

96820171031215902.jpg

96820171031215845.jpg

They'll also depart on a three stop tour following the release, performing in Osaka on the 16th, Nagoya on the 17th, and Tokyo on the 26th.

On 26/10/2017 at 8:47 AM, syradeath said:

I freaked out when I realized Rynk was vocalist of diement. I used to love them[for whatever reason XDD]

I would like to know more about their concept, the story of the band that they portray. They have a very theatrical live and a very devoted fanbase as far as I saw[back in November] I noticed they seem to have some special things having to do with the merch at the lives, but my Japanese isn't good so I couldn't quite understand what is was.  I very much look forward to seeing them live again and finding out kind of what they are about.

My Japanese isn't that great either, but from I understand rynk plays a child that lives in a fantasy world with his imaginary friends, which are all animals (owl, wolf...). Hence why he wears that band around his eyes, maybe the reason he doesn't talk extensively.  I don't know what this "let's eat the fruits of fate"  stuff is about. 

It'd be great if someone with more info could add to this. Also, I love the idea for the new single. These guys always have such tight ideas for concepts. 

16 minutes ago, platy said:

My Japanese isn't that great either, but from I understand rynk plays a child that lives in a fantasy world with his imaginary friends. Hence why he wears that band around his eyes, maybe the reason he doesn't talk extensively.  I don't know what this "let's gather the fruits of faith" (I'm pretty sure I got that sentence wrong lol)  stuff is about. 

It'd be great if someone with more info could add to this. Also, I love the idea for the new single. These guys always have such tight ideas for concepts. 

That's what I understand as well; Rynk plays a child, and the other members are all friends he imagined up.

This is a quick translation of the band's bio webpage (http://gri-moire.com/biography/):

- The Four shadows of light -

- They are “My” creation -

- It is an illusionary reality -

- This is “My” story -

- You are seeing “My” dream -

So I think the covering his eyes represents that every thing around him is not real, and is part of his dream.

As for the "Let us eat the fruits of fate", I think it's a reference to the metaphorical nature of fruit in Christianity. Fate is a predetermined outcome dictated by an omniscient force (such as God), so perhaps eating the fruits of fate would allow one to change their fate - which I think would fit into the boy creating his own reality in a dream. I'm really not sure about the relation between fruits and the bible though, so I could be way off with my interpretation.

Also I doubt they themselves really know what that sentence means lol

2 hours ago, NightFall said:

The back of the CD case looks really beautiful for some reason.

giulCWm7D2AcACpMtmFPmiobqNNgpQqeqySXtHAv

hotlink is borked!

I did a big update to the main post, adding the latest pics, videos, and releases to the discography section. I also updated the poll to add all these new songs.

Looking back, GRIMOIRE had a big 2017 with 2 maxi singles, a live-single, and a full album!
How did they do? What was your favorite?

15 hours ago, fitear1590 said:

Looking back, GRIMOIRE had a big 2017 with 2 maxi singles, a live-single, and a full album!

I think 2017 turned out really well for GRIMOIRE. I liked Frabjous Nacht (the single, but especially the song), and felt it was a good start to the year (I think it was my first CD of the year). The Album was super solid and had a nice tracklist, as well as two kickass re-recordings of some pretty awesome songs.

But definitely my favourite was the most recent single, Uranometria. The title track is just one of the most beautiful songs I've heard, and shows great improvement for the band. The other two tracks sprinkled in semblances of their earlier tracks (or were caked in it in regards to Hello & Goodbye xD)

I'm really looking forward to future GRIMOIRE releases; I think they can make 2018 another really great year.

On 05/01/2018 at 3:06 PM, fitear1590 said:

I've loved everything they released this year! Apart from two songs in the album which I found were a little annoying, but even then the riffs are so catchy. 

Frabjous Nacht is one of my favourite  songs and looks by GRIMOIRE, the album really solidified their sound. I could almost say it was flawless, that re-recording of Never End is one of my songs of the year.

Uranometria is fantastic, the usual vk band will release something where the title track is good and the other two are filler tracks. But here overall it's a really good single. 

Anyone else think rynk has noticeably improved as a vocalist since they started? Can't wait for more. 

Yes, I'm definitely liking the whole Uranometria single a lot--it has some solid B-sides.

On 1/7/2018 at 9:07 AM, platy said:

Anyone else think rynk has noticeably improved as a vocalist since they started?

Yes! I love the originals of "げんそうシンドローム" and "ぼくとタルパ" but after hearing the album re-recordings, it's clear that the new versions are superior. (My only quibble with "ぼくとタルパ" is during the breakdown in the rerecording--somehow, it sounds a little more epic in the original single with the background arrangement). I wish we could get a rerecording of "ひとりトピア" as well.

@ricchubunny, get in here and share your GRIMOIRE love, d00d!

On 18/1/2018 at 2:29 PM, fitear1590 said:

Yes, I'm definitely liking the whole Uranometria single a lot--it has some solid B-sides.

Yes! I love the originals of "げんそうシンドローム" and "ぼくとタルパ" but after hearing the album re-recordings, it's clear that the new versions are superior. (My only quibble with "ぼくとタルパ" is during the breakdown in the rerecording--somehow, it sounds a little more epic in the original single with the background arrangement). I wish we could get a rerecording of "ひとりトピア" as well.

@ricchubunny, get in here and share your GRIMOIRE love, d00d!

It took me a little while to realize げんそうシンドローム yas a re-recording, but it sounds waaay better now. I like how the re-recording actually showed improvement. Their first releases seemed a bit weak, but they are growing in a really nice direction, musically speaking. 

Is anyone else pre-ordering the mini?  I'm curious about this 32 page booklet in the limited version, I wish they'd give us a clue as to what it is. Sounds like a risky purchase in case it's just a lyrics book or something lame. 

13 hours ago, platy said:

Is anyone else pre-ordering the mini?  I'm curious about this 32 page booklet in the limited version, I wish they'd give us a clue as to what it is. Sounds like a risky purchase in case it's just a lyrics book or something lame. 

In my experience with other bands, it's usually photos of the members, but being them it could be drawings or something

What are people's thoughts on the latest release? 

Took me a few tries to get into it, it's a lot slower than their previous stuff. My favourite track is jihito jihito and least favorite is gura no shokutaku, hope they never record something like that again lol

I loved it, it's one of the higlights of the year for me, so far. They just nail those slower songs perfectly and that's definitely where their strenght lies. The overall atmosphere of the record is amazing and while the final ballad seemed a bit unnecessary and out of place, it's their most cohesive and fun record to date.

Edited by 123Sandman321
...yeah, I just noticed an error, after 9 months

I definitely miss the heaviness of the previous EP, but I still liked what I heard. The first half felt a little samey, but it picked up later on, in the latter half. They have carved out a nice niche for themselves with those last few records and I want them to continue in the same way, expanding upon all the various sounds they have melded in the past. Both overall musicianship and production were spot on as usual, no changes there.

So yeah, I really enjoyed it, even when they went all the way with those mellow, "cutesy" vibes.

(also, the intro from track 4 is weirdly reminiscent of the intro from The Real Slim Shady :D )

Edited by 123Sandman321

It felt a bit dull at times, a bit... samey. I was not as impressed with it as I was with their self titled album and Uranometria, and the previous mini left me a better impression. Still, a decent release and well executed in terms of the sound they were going for. It will surely grow on me with time.

I'm loving this band. They give me serious Da'vid shito:aL vibes with their concept  (though more aggressive music most of the time) and I stan for days....weeks...possibly years.

Edited by Paraph