Euronymous

LACK-CO. ラッコ (WHY?)

am i the only one who's trying so hard to get into this band and still "meh"...?

what do you guys think that is missing?is the instrumental that is too generic,or taira's vocals?

or if you really enjoy this band,tell what attracts you.i can't understand why i can't get into their music.i love taira's style,but his music is tough for me

i've listened their EP, yesterday and their maxi single,and i can't remember not even one song. (only taira screaming "goodly eyes")
different than RAZOR's debut mini album that i can remember perfectly each song just after listening few times

C5A8BwoUEAEQvAI.jpg

Edited by Gichi Gichi

Nothing will ever quite be Chemical Pictures <//3 LACK-CO. is closer to KuRt though than anything else I feel.

I thought the single was much better than the EP despite the impression the title track gives, I don't think they know what this band is supposed to be about yet. Bands with Tenten always have to spend a little time just learning to play things which benefit his usual style (with which he has had decent luck lately with strong musicians like Joe and then later the SKULL boys in MBHI). I know he has other art-kei vocalists on his radar, a bit like Ryo(9goats/keel/HG/dalle) seems to sing melodies that don't fit the instrumental to make the harmony sound unique and bizarre - ends up either really interesting or really annoying... loll

Idk how viable my opinion is lol, this mf was my little closet-shrine stan since I was 15 D:

BTW from before - I always forget that Giza was LiPS before, Every time I see them under that name I'm like wait who?XD

Edited by Elazmus

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm not as enamored with Tenten's vocals as everyone else here seems to be. But I figured I'd give his new project a shot. Lack-co is lacking for me. They don't know what kind of band they want to be and their songs lack any consistency. They have potential, but just like their look, they're all over the place. I do find their choice of lyrics is humorous in their first song. GOOGREY AIYZ!

2 hours ago, patientZERO said:

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm not as enamored with Tenten's vocals as everyone else here seems to be. But I figured I'd give his new project a shot. Lack-co is lacking for me. They don't know what kind of band they want to be and their songs lack any consistency. They have potential, but just like their look, they're all over the place. I do find their choice of lyrics is humorous in their first song. GOOGREY AIYZ!

agree with all you said.and taira's vocals aren't so attractive to me as well,only his screams.i just like his crazy looks and the way he acts in pv's

i wish i could find the content of their lyrics at least...i'll keep on trying every release,but if them disband tomorrow,i won't care

Edited by Gichi Gichi

4 hours ago, Gichi Gichi said:

and i can't remember not even one song. (only taira screaming "goodly eyes")
different than RAZOR's debut mini album that i can remember perfectly each song just after listening few times

This sums up my feelings for this band perfectly XD

3 hours ago, patientZERO said:

Lack-co is lacking for me.

Maybe co. stands for company, because they are the "lacking purpose and direction company". What if they are doing this on purpose? XD

Ok, no. This was the first time I listened to a Tenten band and idk why everyone loves him, his vocals aren't anything out of the ordinary.

I think Ten Ten killed MBHI to make a mess of his old bands that doesn't mesh well. You can obvs tell this with Razor because Tatsuya is written the music, and the djent sound and heaviness that came with Tatsuya, went with him to Razor. Seriously Lack.Co is all over the place, I can't find it listenable. I love his vocals, but this band is killing his career and taking a huge dump on it.

Yeah I'm disappointed as well. I've followed tenten since KuRt and he's managed to find members who can produce music that compliment his voice. I do agree this is closer to KuRts sound but it is far off from the originality and quality it was. I listened once and skipped two songs when they started to feel too long or like 3 songs in one. This band will only last solely on the purpose that it has members who have a decent following. But this project has helped me jump off the tenten hype train.

His voice is nothing out of the ordinary for me and the music is too varied. They could make three to four different pieces of music with the variation from one song, plus their look is awful, in their 1st PV and the way they acted/looked reminded me too much of Black Veil Brides for some reason, so that really put me off.

Then their 2nd look happened and it's THE worst vk look I have ever seen in all my years of vk, it really is awful and off-putting. Now if the music that came with it was good then whatever, but it's just lame and unpleasant to the ears. Not gonna force myself to like something that makes me uncomfortable.

I actually enjoy this mess of a band. Looks are weird and music is all over the place but somehow I like it.

Or maybe I'm biased because Ivy.

Edited by ShTon

I don't think I'll be able to enjoy this one. I'm a huge tenten fan (heck, look at my username) but even him won't be able to salvage something here. I thought they finally had something good going on for them on "百足", but WTF were those watered down guitars, the half assed breakdown, bland sound structure? It sounds so disappointing, specially in the 02:04 to 02:50, tenten actually sounds great there, and the instrumentals ain't bad either, but they do not really fit, seems like someone took tenten's recorded track and threw some instrumentals on it. And to make things worse, it was actually an interesting buildup, but what comes next is pure disappointment.

I'll keep listening to every release by them cuz such talented musicians couldn't have forgotten how to write songs, but this clearly sounds like a band without any direction or idea of concept, it's like a bunch of ideas thrown in the mix to see if it glues. but it hasn't, so far.

Edited by chemicalpictures

Fuck, I'm starting to like them. I knew this would happen. It's either that I get used to a band's concept or I just want to like them out of spite for everyone on this board. I realise they're really all over the place, but that's kind of VK's lot innit? It's low attention span rock music and if a band feels like throwing out inconsequential flourishes by the boatful, then god bless. Their musical identity is tenten fronting vk nu metal with that chemical pictures, jazz kei[citation needed] instrumentation as contrast. I never disliked this in theory, and yet initial listens for me were in from one ear and out the other, but the more I listen the more I find things to grab a hold of. Tenten gives a commendable vk performance on 雨の怪虫 , and it just so happens this is how I rate my new visual kei bands:

cool sounding vocalist ( 8 out of 10 points )

breakdowns ( 1 out of 10 points )

cute members ( 1 out of 10 points )

this band is scoring high

I also despise these quasi-artist threads with wacky titles. I'm all for modifying the OP and the title, and transporting it back to the artists section.

edit: the more I listen to the new single the more I fuck with this band

Edited by Disposable

lol there's an actual thread on this?

Add me to the list of people that think they are meh.

For now.

I will give them a listen later, when they master the sync between instruments, and the vocalist can improve a tad.

All hope is not lost for them.