Takadanobabaalien

New band キズ (Kizu)

kizu.jpg

A new mysterious band has been revealed.

Translation from visunavi:

Today we found a new flyer at different live houses that is quite mysterious!
"What does this mean...?
We called the number specified on the flyer and they said
"The members of the band will listen to your pain, your worries, displeasure and anxiety..."

Releasing a flyer like this, handwritten, no bandpicture, no PV and barrely any information... It's very old fashioned isn't it!
A rumour says that the vocalist is supposed to be "THAT" person...
Their first gig is on 18/4 with Dog in the PWO, Unite, Pentagon and D=OUT.

We will definitely keep an eye on these guys!

The flyer and the quote about the vocalist makes me think of Karma from Avelcain. But I guess we'll see. I'm sure they're from previous bands since they are playing with Unite, Pentagon, Dog in the PWO and D=OUT.

The name means scar/wound btw.

http://ki-zu.com/

Edited by Takadanobabaalien

What if this is secretly AvelCain's return? xD

I mean, the whole set up seems Emo (Gah using that term to describe this makes me cringe... I'm gonna need to go on a Sunny Day Real Estate spree after this) enough to be like that xD

Love this kind of stuff even if I never end up interested in any of them. There's always hope I see some interesting comeback.

Did Moran's Hitomi retire?

Edit: they seem to be based in Osaka (?) 

The overall style of the his reminds me of how boogieman started out but there is no chance both bands are related.

Edited by madygrain

Just now, Yukami said:

Many followers of AvelCain follow the twitter account of Kizu, there are many chances that it is Karma, I would be very happy! :D 

Drop link of their twitter plz.

I do not know about you but I think that this band could be anything except a return of Karma in the scene.. and I don't say it maliciously, Karma is quite a character (even though I do not like his music and his voice out of tune) I hope that if one day he wants to return, it takes a good singing lesson.

3 hours ago, Serox said:

I do not know about you but I think that this band could be anything except a return of Karma in the scene.. and I don't say it maliciously, Karma is quite a character (even though I do not like his music and his voice out of tune) I hope that if one day he wants to return, it takes a good singing lesson.

Karma isn't necessarily a BAD singer (But he still could use a LOT of work). I suspect during AvelCain's last two lives, he was getting progressively more drunk and wasted. I mean, by the time "Iro ha ni hoheto" came up, he could barely finish the poem in the beginning, and pronounced it very slurred. He sounds way better during the Cyber Circus volume one. Though, he did have more help of backup vocals, and Kaede did have pre-recorded backup guitar. I don't mind backup vocals, but Kaede is not a bad guitarist, so IDK why he had the backup guitar. In fact, after Kasumi and Sou left, AvelCain used drum samples Kaede recorded two guitar parts (Even after Byou joined), which makes me suspect Shimizuya kicked out the members so they'll have less money to spend on recording.

Anyway, I'm ok with this band not being an AvelCain return, but I think it'd be cool if it was. Perhaps a return with a full band.

BTW, is anyone getting any Ains vibes from this? Perhaps some Yamikakumei vibes? Like, the flyer design is very similar to the designs Kuroyuri To Kage used to use. Maybe this will be an Ains band? 

i also feel Karma vibes from there. But seems like it hasn't passed 1 year since their disband, so maybe its not him.

People are saying it may be Lime from LEZARD, but wtf, i don't think this "dark" theme matches him.

People are also saying it may be related to PSC (someone said its a session band of a GazettE member, what)  

Edited by ricchubunny

What if this turns out to be a Hawthorne Heights style "Slit my wrists and black my eyes, because you kill me" band? xD. I mean, their flyer looks like scars from self harm and the name literally means Scar, so, it's definitely possible.

Then again, AvelCain was sort of like that too. 

this isn't karma, not his style i know my husband this isnt' him

no avelcain promos were this obvious

besides, i'm pretty sure he's way bored of pandering toward emo chicks' despair at this point then again thats how he made his $$$ so maybe