Sign in to follow this  
freesia

[Live Report] coldrain - "2 NIGHTS IN ASIA" HONG KONG 2017.02.18

Coldrain and the audience that night were AWESOME. There was so much interaction between the band and us. The audience was, to my surprise, extremely active and was so violent in the mosh pit and pushing and squishing to the front. I was standing in the third row at first and felt like a packed salmon in a can, but then I moved around from the right side, then to the left side, and then the middle during all the pushing. Lots of dudes even took off their shirt and went half naked in the show and I noticed one of them had his back went bleeding.

Masato must have noticed the crowd loved the "heavy shit"(this was what he described) more so after the song Confession, he asked us if we wanted heavy shit or soft songs, the crowd shouted heavy so they skipped what supposedly used to be another soft song in their setlist to a heavier one which was You Lie. Honestly, I was more in for another soft song like Miss You but, oh well, heavy shit was fun too.

Masato asked the crowd to form mosh pits for three times during the show. In the first mosh pit, the crowd didn't follow his instructions to mosh pit after the count of three for two times. Masato went like "What's this shit, Hong Kong?" and teased us that they're gonna stop the show and started to go back to the backstage. The crowd immediately cried "No! Come back!" and then Masato gave us another chance, this time the crowd did what he asked. After that, the crowd got smarter and mosh pit successfully for another two times.

Masato tried to speak Cantonese during two MC's. At first, the crowd went "What?" when he tried to say that we were fucking awesome in Cantonese, he tried another time and we finally understood and yelled out happiness. The second time, he said that he loved us in Cantonese and it was easy to understand this time.

After they played the song Gone, Masato asked us what song we wanted to hear, any song, and they'll play it as a special request for Hong Kong. Some people yelled "We're Not Alone" and Masato heard it. He said they haven't practiced the song for a long time but they'll try to play it for us. We were so fucking happy and satisfied.

Right before they played We're Not Alone, Masato told us that shit happens and when that happened in our lives, he hoped that their music could make us feel stronger and that was what music could do. These words he said corresponded to the lyrics of We're Not Alone - "If there's a place inside this world. Where hopes and dreams are not yet lost. We'll stand and fight against these walls. We'll fight this fight forevermore". Adding impact to the meaning of the song.

During the show, some of the band members went to the front and touched some of the fans at the front row. I tried to touch Masato but failed, but at the end, I managed to get a touch of RxYxO's sweaty arm. Some fans fought each other for the stuff the band threw to us, I didn't manage to get any.

Masato kept saying we're awesome and promised they would come back next year after releasing their new and upcoming album this year!

Setlist:
1 NO ESCAPE
2 TO BE ALIVE
3 SIX FEET UNDER
4 BORN TO BLEED
5 VENA
6 WRONG
7 24-7
8 VOICELESS
9 CONFESSION
10 YOU LIE
11 THE WAR IS ON
12 FIRE IN THE SKY
13 DIE TOMORROW
14 GONE
15 WE'RE NOT ALONE
16 RUNAWAY
17 THE REVELATION

ENCORE
18 THE STORY
19 AWARE & AWAKE
20 FINAL DESTINATION

16807128_1351140284931822_76098729454095

Edited by freesia

Oh, I forgot to mention. Masato said he would bring some friends with him next time they come and asked us who we wanted them to bring. Some people shouted SiM and Masato replied that he would ask them to come with them next time! This is so anticipating!! :D

that was an awesome setlist.

the last US tour had a weak set sadly since it was just part of the warped tour.

i did laugh at the fact that they consider You Lie as "heavy shit" xD

4 minutes ago, rekzer said:

that was an awesome setlist.

the last US tour had a weak set sadly since it was just part of the warped tour.

i did laugh at the fact that they consider You Lie as "heavy shit" xD

Yeah, I was all prepared for loads of "heavy shit" but then they played You Lie. Maybe they were referring to The War Is On. But anyway, the audience jumped and headbanged to You Lie. xD

I edited the live report with a paragraph about the MC before We're Not Alone. Just remembered the scene in my mind which I forgot to add to it. Please excuse me for this.

Amazing and heavy setlist! Some songs I love are on it! There is literally no soft song after all xD

For what you said, this was a intense live from the beginning to it's very end. Masato seems to be the most requested to be touched lol

A new album? That's going to be massive.

Thank you for the report :)

19 hours ago, yakihiko said:

Amazing and heavy setlist! Some songs I love are on it! There is literally no soft song after all xD

For what you said, this was a intense live from the beginning to it's very end. Masato seems to be the most requested to be touched lol

A new album? That's going to be massive.

Thank you for the report :)

You're welcome! Thanks for taking time to read it~ :D

Sign in to follow this