Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

cali≠gari new album "13" release

cali≠gari will release their new album titled "13" on 2017/05/10 in 2 versions: limited "Kyoushin-ban" CD+Blu-ray edition (¥6,000+tax) and regular "Ryoushin-ban" CD-only edition (¥3,000+tax). The limited bonus Blu-ray will feature scenes from the album's recording and various offshot footage. Also, the "Kyoushin-ban" cover art will be done by mangaka Maya Mineo (apparently known for classic shoujo and BL style manga).

They will also hold their Japan tour "cali≠gari △15th Caliversary”2002-2017″ TOUR 13 -Hell is other people-" from June 3 to July 22.

34pjax3.jpg

Edited by Jigsaw9

Wonderful picture, terrific tour name

I'm just so over them at this point though. I listened to the last album like, twice? For real the only thing I remember is the Prince song. 

Wish Shuuji and Ao went their separate ways again

I can't even remember listening to any of their newer stuff. How does it hold up in comparison to the works of like 8 and Good Bye -stuff before they went on their hiatus?

I'm psychic. I predicted that it would happen sometime this year. I called it. I have powers.

In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to this. I haven't really sat down to listen to a full cali≠gari album, except for 5 and 8, but I dig a lot of what I have heard from them.

11 minutes ago, Furik said:

I can't even remember listening to any of their newer stuff. How does it hold up in comparison to the works of like 8 and Good Bye -stuff before they went on their hiatus?

It's a bit different. They still have the "crazy tunes" but now the melodic poppy songs are heavily influenced by '80s pop/new wave. Personally I really dig it (even tho I think their last mini album was lackluster and empty as hell, lol). In any case, the albums numbered 10-12 are worth checking out imo. Be prepared for a more polished sound ofc.

Edited by Jigsaw9

I've enjoyed most of their post-reunion material to some extent, sure, it's not as good as their pre-hiatus stuff (although that 'Janai' mini-album comes close imo) but it's still got plenty of influences from genres i REALLY like, so its p much impossible for me to hate it lol

I enjoyed their last mini album, but that was only after seeing the band live. 12 is an enjoyable album. Really looking forward to this album. 

cali≠gari△15th Caliversary"2002-2017" TOUR Re:13 -The worst foe you meet would be always you yourself-【NEW!】

■9/02(土)
umeda TRAD
【OPEN】16:30 【START】17:00
【来場者特典】「マグロ ※△15th記念新録セルフカヴァー-」付

■9/09(土)
名古屋BOTTOM LINE
【OPEN】16:30 【START】17:00
【来場者特典】「舌先3分サイズ※△15th記念新録セルフカヴァー-」付

■9/23(土祝)
日比谷野外大音楽堂
【OPEN】17:00 【START】17:45
【来場者特典】「青春狂騒曲 ※△15th記念新録セルフカヴァー-」付

Basically, all the singles that were released when they went major will be re-recorded and distributed for free at each of the 3 venues that they will be playing for the new tour. Prepare to pay an arm & a leg for these live-distributed singles.

queen of visuals kyo is shook aya sato is shook

idk how that thief ruki gets credit for his style when shuji is the most well dressed man/being in visual kei...bitch

Edited by emmny

2 hours ago, zombieparadise said:

It looks like CLAMP artwork. xXxHolic and the like.  I wonder who they're mocking with this look? hah.

They're not mocking anyone (I think?). The art was made my mangaka Maya Mineo, that is his art style.

tumblr_ngeinxn7kL1qd7kpzo1_500.png

Edited by Jigsaw9

Ao has started a countdown on his Twitter for "13". Yesterday it was 7, now about half an hour ago he tweeted 6.

Safe to say we're getting something on April 1 (my guess is either the tracklist or some kind of video). Or he's just trolling, lol.

Edited by Jigsaw9

On 2017-03-23 at 3:56 PM, Jigsaw9 said:

They're not mocking anyone (I think?). The art was made my mangaka Maya Mineo, that is his art style.

tumblr_ngeinxn7kL1qd7kpzo1_500.png

I mean their new aesthetics – Looks like its based on something. Either way, I'm a fan XD

13 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Ao has started a countdown on his Twitter for "13". Yesterday it was 7, now about half an hour ago he tweeted 6.

Safe to say we're getting something on April 1 (my guess is either the tracklist or some kind of video). Or he's just trolling, lol.

preemptive april fools

The countdown is over: a special site opened for the new album at http://13.missitsu.com/

The tracklist is also posted now:

01. 天声人語 (Tensei jingo)
02. もうデモなんて言わないよ絶対 (Mou Demo nante iwanai yo zettai)
03. ロミオ&ジュリエット (Romeo & Juliet)
04. 汚れた夜 (Yogoreta yoru)
05. トイレでGO! (Toilet de GO!)
06. 悪い色 (Warui iro)
07. 三本の矢 (Sanbon no ya)
08. ファッショネス鬱 (Fashioness utsu)
09. ランボー (Rimbaud)*
10. アニソン (Anison)
11. 覆水盆に返らず (Fukusuibon ni kaerazu)
12. そこは川崎 (Soko wa Kawasaki)
13. ニュータウン1971 (New Town 1971)

*this one can also be Rambo I guess xD