BrenGun

Avex pictures enforces export ban on Blu-rays, DVD, and CDs

I'm like 98% sure there are literally multiple (perhaps proxy-based) websites that let you tune into japanese tv broadcasts live so yeah... this solves nothing

What I find confusing is that I haven't gotten a email from CDJAPAN regarding any music CDs or DVDs, just regarding Avex Pictures and anime. And just on anime products from Avex Pictures on CDJAPAN it says "ATTENTION!!! This product will no longer be available for any order to be shipped outside of Japan starting at 6:00PM (Japan Time UTC+9) on February 15, 2017" but not any message on Acid Black Cherry products :c

1 hour ago, Euthanasia said:

What I find confusing is that I haven't gotten a email from CDJAPAN regarding any music CDs or DVDs, just regarding Avex Pictures and anime. And just on anime products from Avex Pictures on CDJAPAN it says "ATTENTION!!! This product will no longer be available for any order to be shipped outside of Japan starting at 6:00PM (Japan Time UTC+9) on February 15, 2017" but not any message on Acid Black Cherry products :c

Yet Amazon.jp applied the ban to all Avex products.

So either the ban will be only for Avex Pictures products and amazon just banned everything temporarily either Avex Group will ban everything eventually and CDJapan still hasn't. 

I'm hoping it's the first option.

16 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

Yet Amazon.jp applied the ban to all Avex products.

So either the ban will be only for Avex Pictures products and amazon just banned everything temporarily either Avex Group will ban everything eventually and CDJapan still hasn't. 

I'm hoping it's the first option.

hopefully we know today, waiting for cdjapan website news update and Othello shops updates since the ban will be today February 15th

And here I was just about to pre-order the upcoming wagakki band album for glorious blu-ray PVs. R.I.P. my wagakki collection.

For now only Amazon JP has this affecting all Avex stuff. CDJapan only has the warning on Avex Pictures stuff, no warnings on other Avex stuff. And there's no news about how Lawson HMV is handling things.

5 hours ago, diryangrey said:

huh, fuck.
any word on if this policy applies only to firsthand retailers, or does it extend to secondhand shops like closetchild & individuals selling their old discs on amazon?

That, and for those who always use service like tenso which provides japanese address, I wonder if they will refuse to ship Avex CDs/DVDs to us in the future? I always have my items shipped to tenso's warehouse, and it'll suck if I won't be able to do so in the future.

I went ahead and placed a preorder for the new Wagakki Band on CDJapan. It went through okay, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it gets canceled or something.

Edited by Dudemanguy

This is a stupid move on Avex's part. *Slow claps* 

They're only enforcing piracy. The only reason I resort to such a dirty thing is because I literally cannot buy many of my favourite bands' products in the US. 

I could rant on about how Avex is honestly one of the most evil, but I don't really feel like it, because I honestly shouldn't care. The only Avex bands I care about are Kuroyume and Nightmare, but that's because a friend of mine really cares about them (and she cares a lot about the band members personally, especially Hitsugi since he's a big alcoholic. Poor him). Kuroyume though, I absolutely do love. Though, knowing how anti-pop music Kiyoharu is, it is kind of hypocritical that they're signed to Avex. IDK how the label even let "I hate your popstar life" slide xD.  
About the anime and all.. Well as a Yuri fan, I don't do Yuri On Ice because that's just clitbait. Not clickbait, but clitbait, if ya know what I mean xD. Really, I stopped watching anime a long time ago, except for Sailor Moon and Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. 

Call me an "indiefag", but I'd rather put my money toward a band that would actually receive it. AKA Indie bands and minor label bands. (AKA not Shimizuya, because we all know how they use their funds)

In all seriousness though, this is a stupid move on Avex's part. Even Yoshiki, the worst businessman in all of Vkei (Though I still love him), wouldn't do something so utterly idiotic. 

Really, I think PDR-san sums up what Avex is in his newest impressions of the top 100 Japanese youtube channels: *Fanning self with money* "Wait, what do you mean we're losing money and no one's buying music? Don't worry, we'll just rip off the hardcore fans by jacking up the album prices, but paying our musicians less!"

Can it really be called back pedaling if it never was more than Avex Pictures to begin with? Amazon JP is just doing their own thing with making it affect everything avex. CDJapan never showed the warning on any Avex stuff outside Avex Pictures. So really, the situation continues the same exact way it already did.

So why doesn't amazon.jp allow for avex music releases to be shipped to the west? Just tried to pre-order wagakki band's new album but can't finalize my order unless I change to a japanese address. Some confusion on amazon's side?

Edited by SwampMan

It could be that Avex was unclear and Amazon JP decided to play it save until they get clarification, it could be something else, we'll probably know eventually.

Anyhow I always went with Lawson HMV myself, so you can try them or you could try CDJapan.

43 minutes ago, Amoz said:

It could be that Avex was unclear and Amazon JP decided to play it save until they get clarification, it could be something else, we'll probably know eventually.

Anyhow I always went with Lawson HMV myself, so you can try them or you could try CDJapan.

I've used both in the past, cdjapan quite a lot actually but amazon is way faster, not to mention they take care of custom charges in advance and somehow these end up being significantly lower than what I used to pay when ordering from cdjapan or hmv. I will wait a bit more, there's still time till the release of said album, hopefully things will go back to normal in the meantime.

8 hours ago, Komorebi said:

Yeah, that's a huge relief. Well it still blows for the few people that actually buy anime BDs, but I won't be affected by that.

As for Amazon, it could be that Avex wasn't very clear, so they just played it safe and banned everything. Although, you still can't buy anything Avex off of Amazon. As long as HMV lets me buy though, I won't mind too much since I use them the most (for the sweet coupon promotions and stuff).

Edited by Dudemanguy

asking again, because still didn't find anything about it... my bf is really worried that he won't be able to watch one piece anymore :/
does this mean that there won't be any european/american/etc anime releases too? or does this only affect the japanese anime releases?