Sign in to follow this  
Alkaloid

乙女国家 (Otomekokka) will be conditionally dropped from 寺子屋 (Terakoya)

乙女国家 (Otomekokka) will be dropped from 寺子屋 (Terakoya) if their no. of attendants at their 2nd anniversary oneman "召集令状〜無謀ト知ルモ花ト散レ〜 (Shoushuureijou〜Mubou to Chiru mo Hana to Chi re〜" at TSUTAYA O-WEST at 2017/6/27 is under 300.

they are not that unpopular tho. 

At one of their first gigs I had to buy 2 copies of their first single for a Japanese friend. 

But still good luck with 300. I still doubt that they are that popular tho. 

Damn that's a big ask... esp. considering I don't think they have some release that coincides with that show.

Also, if this really was their record label saying "get 300 people at this show or find a new label" does that not hurt Terakoya's ability to convince other bands to sign with them?

Like, if I was a band on the come up would I want to sign with a label that made public a demand to get a certain number of people at a show??

Just drop 'em and move on if they're not making the money you'd like, don't embarrass them.

they're definitely not that popular, i wonder who booked them at o-west; i saw it on twitter and thought i was hallucinating bc they're an incredibly niche band. i don't think they're stupid enough to do this, i wouldn't even see them filling up area half way let alone half of o-west.

i hope it wasn't terakoya trying to promote them with the obligatory o-west tour final then realizing they pushed way too hard and now they'll punish the band.

Edited by emmny

19 minutes ago, desparejo86 said:

Sounds like a cheap ploy to get people to come to the gig. Very lame of the band.

It is not the band's request, as it clearly says that their label is putting them through this. Being one of the few original acts left, it is unfortunately no surprise that they are so unpopular as their sound simply does not match the current competition. They are one of the few bands I personally still enjoy and it would be sad to see them go. 

Shironuri's last stand~白失明~

Even if they don't make 300, hopefully getting dropped from their label doesn't mean they also break up. They're pretty decent, which is why this is more concerning than Misarudeka inciting drama

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

Terakoya just casually contributing to squashing the angura subgenre out forever ....

they should've dropped the black swan tbh : )))))))))))))))))

16 hours ago, Tokage said:

Terakoya just casually contributing to squashing the angura subgenre out forever ....

they should've dropped the black swan tbh : )))))))))))))))))

you're right, TBS deserves better, but then again they're really making a name for themselves on this label.

It has been determined that 乙女国家 (Otomekokka) will be NOT terminated from Terakoya as their oneman attendance was 296 people.

Edited by sheepprincessgara
originally incorrectly stated that they WERE dropped

5 hours ago, sheepprincessgara said:

It has been determined that 乙女国家 (Otomekokka) will be terminated from Terakoya as their oneman attendance was 296 people...so close.

That is so dumb, losing a member because of attendance counts.  :U

4 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

Couldn't some of their members just ask their mom to show up too? 

label probably had someone at the door checking IDs and turning away okaa-sans

I remember when accusations of labels being evil, psychotic, and overbearing had no proof. I can't believe they actually pulled this.

Sign in to follow this