Sign in to follow this  
Lestat

CANCELLED: 摩天楼オペラ (Matenrou Opera) European Tour 2017

'' sick. And manterou Opera! That's something at least after the last two years without any vk gigs''

Sick. Cancelled. 

''at least I have MO''

Also cancelled. 

I'll just get into mainstream pop music... 

at least we cunts in north america are lucky to have shitty bands come every....two years??? at anime cons only???????? or at some abandoned warehouse in Mexico or Brazil if they're a starwave band or jupiter ;w;

then again I do feel sorry for the Europeans, at least they have slightly better tastes. how is B7KKKlan still in business?

Edited by sheepprincessgara

1 hour ago, sheepprincessgara said:

at least we cunts in north america are lucky to have shitty bands come every....two years??? at anime cons only???????? or at some abandoned warehouse in Mexico or Brazil if they're a starwave band or jupiter ;w;

then again I do feel sorry for the Europeans, at least they have slightly better tastes. how is B7KKKlan still in business?

Yea shockingly we do get a lot but its always in oklahoma(Tulsa) out of all states (and just recently texas) 

Shame for all EU fans :/ my heart would not be able to handle a band canceling </3 

14 hours ago, emmny said:

^^

i feel so bad for european fans bc they always get their hopes up but get shit on with these promoters and eventually their jrawk well is gonna dry up

unlike us in NA who have no hopes to begin with ^.^

at least u guys get..... the gazette..... ; ^ )

7 hours ago, WhirlingBlack said:

This is not the first time this has happened. I can't help but wonder if the guy who runs B7Klan is out of his depth trying to do this business. 

Quite frankly I'm surprised bands want to deal with him after all these things, cancelling a tour this close to when it's about to start feels very unprofessional. 

Then again, he might be the last one left so they don't have much choice if they want to play gigs in Europe. 

Even though I wasn't going to attend, it's sad for the fandom at large that this keeps happening.

I don't really know what you guys are talking about... B7 did Nocturnal Bloodlust last year and Versailles a few months ago and both tours were successful and without any problem. I have no idea what is going on now though, but it is very strange that MO announced this first and there is still not a word from B7... I get the feeling that it even took them by surprise.

22 hours ago, Lestat said:

Absolutely my final straw with B7Klan, this being the sixth or seventh event or tour they cancelled (or rescheduled) that I was supposed to visit, and those are merely the ones I wanted to see. They never give adequate reason or explanations for their decisions either. No more, no matter which band it pertains.

which ones exactly did they cancel? it happened to me for the first time

but I don't like them, because they always do their lives in the same, shitty venue with a stage that's too low and I can't see anything, unless I go to the back that's far, far away from the stage... any venue I've been to is better than that one, yet they always do it there :/

Btw does anyone remember those rin shows? Did those happen or were they all cancelled and who organised it. I remember 100% that something like it was supposed to happen but I don't think it ever did?

7 hours ago, blackdream said:

From the band's official Facebook page:

Did they chicken out because of all of these bombings in EU??

If it's then, damn, pop stars such as Ariana and Miley, are braver than them to return to Machestr for exmple.

Edited by LIDL

B7Klan's baseless comment on the matter;

"B7 is very sad to inform we had to cancel the upcoming european tour planned for Matenrou Opera. Despite the band efforts and our promotion we must face a pity reality. We have been working J-Rock and Visual Kei for 10 years and for us this is a very sad ending. We hope for a new interest of Visual Kei bands in the future to allow them to tour Europe again in good conditions. 
People who bought tickets for Matenrou Opera show can request reimbursement in the places where they bought them.
If needed, you can contact us at [email protected] 
Once again, we thank Matenrou Opera for their understanding and we adress our sincere apologises to the fans."

4 minutes ago, Lestat said:

People who bought tickets for Matenrou Opera show can request reimbursement in the places where they bought them.
If needed, you can contact us at [email protected] 

so if I bought it through their website I message them there? because it's a very vague and a lazy way to approach the issue, they don't even have any refund policy written on their website, that's how "professional" they are...

6 minutes ago, Nyasagi said:

so if I bought it through their website I message them there? because it's a very vague and a lazy way to approach the issue, they don't even have any refund policy written on their website, that's how "professional" they are...

You can email them with the id of your transaction and ask for a refund. I had to do the same thing when they postponed a Kamijo concert. 

Somehow... they're not even giving an real explanation as to why it was cancelled? just a lame apology? cmonn

There's no way there's a terrorist group out there thinking "YES Manterou Opera is THE band to target. There'll be millions of people in this microscopic venue!!!"

There's no way a terrorist group even KNOWS that Manterou Opera exists.

Come the fuck on.

the UK is such a shithole for concerts right now, the last one I went was SuG 2015. I'm getting withdrawal. 

They worded it very poorly, but it sounds like they will end their business altogether? I could be wrong, however – they were never quite adequate at getting a message across properly. 

I rather think they meant it's the end result of the tour, not that they're ending their business. But if they ended it, I wouldn't be sad at all.

11 minutes ago, Lestat said:

They worded it very poorly, but it sounds like they will end their business altogether?

wishful thinking 🙏🙏🙏

in all seriousness tho, maybe they'll stop booking visual kei bands & continue working with kpop and jpop bands since that's apparently working so much better for them. they're an embarrassment to overseas jrawk fans anyway

Edited by sheepprincessgara

I wasn't going to this and have no interest in the band but I think 'we're cancelling because of the terrorism attacks' is of a pathetic and weak excuse, something that's just randomly been chosen because of recent events 

buuuuut b7 is a load of shit so I'm not surprised if they're just bullshitting. 

58 minutes ago, Lestat said:

Despite the band efforts and our promotion we must face a pity reality...We hope for a new interest of Visual Kei bands in the future to allow them to tour Europe again in good conditions. 

I dunno, but I'm reading this as "VK doesn't sell enough tickets in Europe these days to sustain a tour".  I feel like they're saying that they're not bringing any more VK bands until there is more interest?

Could really happen, yes. Since this isn't the first tour cancelled because of that reason ... And there aren't many promoters left for Europe.

This is what ex promoter Steff from ASTAN wrote about this (don't judge his english, he knows he's bad at it) :

After all the promoters are not that many any more. Me i can not do tourings anymore becasue of my health - B7 seem to fuck up them own Business. Neo Tokyo is up to K-Pop - same with Kanzen. At last we have only Aurélie. One single trustfull VK-promoter for the whole of Europe? We will go back to the old "only on conventions" thing..

Aurelie (highfeel/realive) seems to be more positive, let's hope she's right.

Thank you for that, but let's not be so negative Steff... It will come back. Everyone understood that the Golden Age of VK is gone, and once we get it, the tours are only fine. Cheaper tickets, lower expectations about numbers, small venues, then we have super nice shows with 50 to 100 persons indeed, but well, it's ok. I saw my last tour: super nice people came, the musicians were more than happy, and everybody made efforts - financially speaking - to keep it safe and profitable. I think it's up to everyone, artists, producers, labels, to understand it.

2 hours ago, Lestat said:

B7 is very sad to inform we had to cancel the upcoming european tour planned for Matenrou Opera. Despite the band efforts and our promotion we must face a pity reality. We have been working J-Rock and Visual Kei for 10 years and for us this is a very sad ending. We hope for a new interest of Visual Kei bands in the future to allow them to tour Europe again in good conditions.

This spells "VK doesn't sell as well and it wasn't worth it. Lol, sorry fans, suck it up or come back in bigger numbers".

This is a very sad outcome.

it seems to me as if this was far from the outcome the band wanted.

as a promoter and agent myself, I belive it's a matter of responsibility.

the bands job is to perform the concerts, and it's the promoter job to well... promote (it's in the job title) and make sure tickets are sold.

it seems in the comment from B7 they blamed the lack of interest, and if that was the case they should have put more effort into creating more interest.

Edited by Suuu

Sign in to follow this