kurenai_

Hello and thanks for existing

Hi everyone. I say "thanks for existing" because it's really neat for me to see so many people together who share my interests. It's totally out of my comfort zone to go about and do this as I am a "suffer in silence" type, but I thought it was about time I try to reach out and get more involved in this music scene, maybe make a friend or two with similar interests. But if not it's okay, I just like reading what you all have to say anyway. I am from a tiny town in the South of the US, so I haven't gotten the chance to see  many bands live or meet people who even like this kind of music. I've been listening for about 10 years, though I stopped a few years ago after Vidoll disbanded (my favorite band back in 2011, though now I see it was just because my teen self was infatuated with Jui, lol.  still am tho)  and I have been listening again since last April when I saw The GazettE live. I've never tried to socialize online with other VK fans until now, I don't really know why. But here I am! I like everything from oldies like Luna Sea, Buck-Tick, Malice Mizer, Aliene Ma'riage, Baiser, to bands like DaizyStripper, Matnerou Opera, etc!  ! Ive recently gotten back into the scene and I'm discovering the potential of newer bands like Arlequin, xaa-xaa, Jiluka, HOLLOWGRAM, and beyond. If you have any recommendations I'd love them as well. Well thanks for reading and I'll try to make my voice heard here! Nice to meet you all. 

Edited by kurenai_

Hi and welcome! :)

I'm new myself, joined a couple of weeks back and pretty much in the same situation - never really had online pals from the VK community and trying to reach out to people with the same interests.

Hope you have a great time here!

OMG another Jui & Vidoll lover osighoishgoh (love that pic of him that's your icon)

I also live in the Southern US and have the same problems in terms of finding folks that like vk/Jrock. I wonder if you saw The GazettE in Dallas I was there

Aside from my giddiness, welcome to MH! ^^

6 hours ago, gekiai said:

OMG another Jui & Vidoll lover osighoishgoh (love that pic of him that's your icon)

I also live in the Southern US and have the same problems in terms of finding folks that like vk/Jrock. I wonder if you saw The GazettE in Dallas I was there

Aside from my giddiness, welcome to MH! ^^

I was at the Dallas show!! VIP third row! It was a great time^^ 

oh yes, Jui is my weakness.... I love your pic too! When I saw him tweet that, I've never saved a pic so fast in my life. 

3 hours ago, kurenai_ said:

I was at the Dallas show!! VIP third row! It was a great time^^ 

oh yes, Jui is my weakness.... I love your pic too! When I saw him tweet that, I've never saved a pic so fast in my life. 

Wasn't in VIP, but I was first row GA :D

He is my ultimate weakness too...too bad he only posts selfies every blue moon </3