Alkaloid

彩冷える (Ayabie), Fatima and ホタル (Hotaru) one-day revival

Ayabie will hold their 2-day revival lives at TSUTAYA O-EAST on May 7-8.

Fan will also be able to choose the songs that the band should perform by using the survey link below!

Ew, they don’t let you choose anything pre-virgin snow colour

Alright people, vote for virgin snow colour tracks only! None of that other garbage

1 hour ago, Manji 卍 said:

Ayabie back with Aoi and Ryohei again would be a dream, since they have a special place in my heart as one of my first favorite vk bands

I think people look at that era with nostalgia goggles --- Ryouhei was such a fucking sloppy guitarist.

How bittersweet. In a way, I'm glad they stopped activities (god knows if they would have ended up like A9/An Cafe these days).

It would be amazing if they did come out and say they are reviving the band again. One of my long time favorite bands from my teen years.

Was AYABIE's Virgin Snow Color 2 ever worth listening to? 

3 hours ago, EzraEroguro said:

I think people look at that era with nostalgia goggles --- Ryouhei was such a fucking sloppy guitarist.

Yeah, nostalgia is the word that resumes what ayabie represent to me

3 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

How bittersweet. In a way, I'm glad they stopped activities (god knows if they would have ended up like A9/An Cafe these days).

It would be amazing if they did come out and say they are reviving the band again. One of my long time favorite bands from my teen years.

Was AYABIE's Virgin Snow Color 2 ever worth listening to? 

It's way more neo oshare than the first one, but I think it's an ~okay~ release. Better than all the shit ayabie was crapping after Mikazuki no Kiseki. And PARADE is a very fine song. I have to say DEATHBIE was the best thing they did in that period, tho.

4 hours ago, EzraEroguro said:

Sloppy in what sense? live performances, compositions, recording?

While I do agree his best is in Megamasso, stuff like Mimizuku, Mazochi, Gothic Party, LEMPICKA, Romancer are very noteworthy

10 hours ago, chemicalpictures said:

Sloppy in what sense? live performances, compositions, recording?

While I do agree his best is in Megamasso, stuff like Mimizuku, Mazochi, Gothic Party, LEMPICKA, Romancer are very noteworthy

Listen to "Equal Prayer 2 U", "Soko Kan Ongen Shuu", "Glitter Throw Open", or just about any song from that era, and you can tell that Ryouhei had no real business playing "metal" guitar. Lots of lazy over dubbing too. The one defining thing of this, is just listening to how his songs are carefully arranged so that it plays to his weaknesses --- Takehito was a superior guitarist in that regard. Yumehito is okay, not as bad as Ryouhei, but just as lazy. I dunno why the band couldn't have just remained a four piece.

Off topic -- but wasn't Intetsu involved in some weird dramaz lately?

16 hours ago, EzraEroguro said:

Ryouhei sounded like a child who had found a guitar and got encouraged by his mom to compose music. It was horrible. Post-Ryouhei Ayabie >>>>

2 hours ago, EzraEroguro said:

Listen to "Equal Prayer 2 U", "Soko Kan Ongen Shuu", "Glitter Throw Open", or just about any song from that era, and you can tell that Ryouhei had no real business playing "metal" guitar. Lots of lazy over dubbing too. The one defining thing of this, is just listening to how his songs are carefully arranged so that it plays to his weaknesses --- Takehito was a superior guitarist in that regard. Yumehito is okay, not as bad as Ryouhei, but just as lazy. I dunno why the band couldn't have just remained a four piece.

Off topic -- but wasn't Intetsu involved in some weird dramaz lately?

I see your point. But I think that falls on the issue I see very often around here. People expect waaaaay to much from a bunch of 20yo musicians starting their careers on a scene that looks can be as important as technical skills. Even Kenzo, whom I consider to be really solid nowadays, wasn't very good then. ayabie were never AMAZING, they were a product of their time. It is exactly as you described, the best songs from that era works because they are done in a way Ryohei could play, and the tuning/pedal effect kinda became his trademark over the years. There's also the fact that their releases sounds like were recorded in someone's basement, so... But I stand by the songs that I mentioned before and a few others, ain't no musical masterpieces, but what in 95% of VK is?

as for AYABIE ending, apparently Yumehito didn't want to keep singing, besides several other issues. And if I recall it correctly, after everyone left, Takehito made it his solo project, but it didn't go anywhere

1 hour ago, saishuu said:

Ryouhei sounded like a child who had found a guitar and got encouraged by his mom to compose music. It was horrible. Post-Ryouhei Ayabie >>>>

Ah, I see you too are a man of culture.

HOT TAKE:
Seriously, if anyone tries to downplay Yumeabie against Ryouabie, I show them the Re-Recorded version of "Aikagi" vs. the Ongen Shuu version. Or you know, "Electric Moon Light"/"Day Dream" vs. "Lempicka/FAINT/Topaz".

The only notable songs that Ryouhei composed (for me at least), happen to be "Bittsu-Asshuku Roll", "Gothic Party Speed Session", and "Kuroi...Sasagu"

For real though, Ryouhei's work in Ayabie always bothered me. His guitar work sounded disjointed, like it didn't make sense. He had a few moments here and there (like "Bittsu-Asshuku-Roll"), but overall I could never understand what people found so good about it. Yumehito brough a polished sound that fit their music much better; admittedly it was basically late Soroban 2.0 from that moment, but it was catchy and dare I say, timeless.

10 minutes ago, EzraEroguro said:

Ah, I see you too are a man of culture.

HOT TAKE:
Seriously, if anyone tries to downplay Yumeabie against Ryouabie, I show them the Re-Recorded version of "Aikagi" vs. the Ongen Shuu version. Or you know, "Electric Moon Light"/"Day Dream" vs. "Lempicka/FAINT/Topaz".

The only notable songs that Ryouhei composed (for me at least), happen to be "Bittsu-Asshuku Roll", "Gothic Party Speed Session", and "Kuroi...Sasagu"

I find the re-recording very similar to the NM Gentei Ongen Shuu version, with obvious improvements in recording, mastering and specially Aoi's voice. and I don't find those other songs comparable at all, they're like another genre, what's there to compare in Electric Moon Light to Topaz? For that I'd choose something Ryohei was doing at roughly the same period of time, something like air station dance, in which IMO Ryohei wins there

but to each their own, I guess

Yeah, if Yumehito leaves Belle over this It's gonna be sad.

Aoi's and Kenzi's solo carreers flopped, so I'm guessing they will come back.

Intetsu said he was retiring from the musical career and like, 2 weeks later he was producing songs for some Sanrio anime and Takehito is the mastermind of this revival, so Ideally,they'd substitute Yumehito for Ryouhei (that would be fucking epic and we could still have Belle) and then ditch aoi, since they disbanded because of his greedy ass in the 1st place and invite back ex-Downer's singer, who has already substituted aoi before and can sing better than him,so everybody wins and Aoi may flop in hell with his shitty solo career feat. Hatsune miku 

Edited by jon_jonz