Dudemanguy

X Japan - We Are X: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

we should probably expect that new album (if it ever comes out (yea right, like it ever will)) to be full of shitty mom-tier ballads tbh...

4 hours ago, Disposable said:

Say, how well attended was this show? Anyone knows?

Judging by the pics/videos, definitively not full, but still enough to look ok!

6 hours ago, Disposable said:

I went - was about 65-70% full for the main set - tons of people left between encores.

Edited by Vercingetorix

also it was the SSE arena right?

him saying he's played wembley when he's actually played that is like saying you've played madison square garden when you actually just busked in the corridor

Wow, so this is all pretty misleading about the reality of X Day. Which is disappointing, but somehow far from surprising. I love the ballads a lot, I really do, but at what point do you have to just call it a ToshI/Yoshiki unit. 

17 hours ago, Vercingetorix said:

I went - was about 65-70% full for the main set - tons of people left between encores.

Erm, why would so many people leave between the encores? To catch the last train? Or were they *ahem* paid to attend?

On 05/03/2017 at 4:57 PM, Disposable said:

I was dead middle, 2nd row. Looking around the entire middle was full and all sides were also full. The only areas that were empty were way back in the far two corners of the venue.

So I'd say around 80% or so full. It was only during the 2nd Encore that I saw people starting to leave

lol what the hell? I'd imagine many people there waiting for a long time to finally see X Japan and then they don't even bother to stay for the encores?

12 hours ago, orange~ said:

lol what the hell? I'd imagine many people there waiting for a long time to finally see X Japan and then they don't even bother to stay for the encores?

I mean, I can sort of understand people being disappointed if they go in hoping to see X the metal band and they end up getting The Pringles Man & Friends' Ballad Power Hour instead..

21 hours ago, sads123 said:

Erm, why would so many people leave between the encores? To catch the last train? Or were they *ahem* paid to attend?

Easy on the conspiracy theories there, sweetheart. ;)

Quite a few of the Japanese there had seniors and/or kids with them, so they were never gonna last the full 3 1/2* hours. Then there was like 15-20 minutes between encores, so other folks must've basically got sick of waiting. Also, it wasn't 100% clear there was gonna be a proper 2nd encore (they were running a bit late and London authorities get seriously bitchy about noise curfews). It was a bit like waiting for the post-credits scene in a Marvel film without the guarantee there was actually one coming.

*4 1/2 hours if you include the film.

Edited by Vercingetorix

21 hours ago, Takatori Reiji said:

I was dead middle, 2nd row. Looking around the entire middle was full and all sides were also full. The only areas that were empty were way back in the far two corners of the venue.

I was up in N10 and there were empty seats a'plenty up there.

wembley-arena-london-seating-plan-01-Det

Edited by Vercingetorix

18 hours ago, Vercingetorix said:

Easy on the conspiracy theories there, sweetheart. ;)

Quite a few of the Japanese there had seniors and/or kids with them, so they were never gonna last the full 3 1/2* hours. Then there was like 15-20 minutes between encores, so other folks must've basically got sick of waiting. Also, it wasn't 100% clear there was gonna be a proper 2nd encore (they were running a bit late and London authorities get seriously bitchy about noise curfews). It was a bit like waiting for the post-credits scene in a Marvel film without the guarantee there was actually one coming.

*4 1/2 hours if you include the film.

Thanks for he clarification! Argh, 15mins for an encore is too much IMO.

Okay to say something positive; Toshi's voice is actually as awesome as ever and his english is really good too these days! Toshi has made such a good impression on me during this topic (mostly thanks to his solo gigs) I was already worried he had become some spineless worm or somthing