Dudemanguy

X Japan - We Are X: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

One thing with Yoshiki, he may often be pompous and self absorbed, but I don't think he's an idiot by any means, and it would take a complete idiot to actually throw out/dispose of/lose such priceless master tapes as any of the X tapes are at this point, whether he likes the music still or not, so I've still got hope he's got those old X masters at least tucked away somewhere safe and is just simply ignoring them, which I'd be cool with. I just don't think he'd be dumb enough to throw that kind of history out, some of it's not famous, sure, but it's irreplaceable at the same time.

Well, considering that he was a stupid teenager/early 20's adult at the time and that storing music was probably harder at that time/took more effort, I think there's a possibility that he doesn't have them anymore.

Let's face it, if there was MORE money to cash in from X by releasing previously written material (easy money), he would have already done it, don't you think?

Oh it's certainly very possible he doesn't even have that stuff anymore, I just wouldn't expect someone to just toss out master tapes that he and the other members worked so hard to make in the first place. I'm just kinda saying at this point he seems to put his own ventures (Yoshiki classical, the perfume line, the fashion line)  and musical style as a solo artist waaay before X Japan, so it's just as easy he could be turning a blind eye to anything that might still be laying there unreleased, as he likely doesn't view their old more extreme style (besides the gigantic hits) as marketable compared to what he currently does.

That documentary was pretty shit, too. People like Taiji and Jun got shafted in favor of Yoshiki's special snowflake story.

X Japan is just a big nostalgia act, and acting like they're going to release another Blue Blood or even Jealousy would be barking up the wrong tree.

What a joke. Is this even X Japan? I just see it as Yoshiki and pals. Probably always been the case.

So apparently ToshI (he's got a new name, notice the capital letter!) got bored of Yoshiki's powertrip and formed a band with MiA...

Edited by orange~

Hasn't the capital "I" been a thing since he teamed back up with Yoshiki post-cult? (Also I almost guarantee you Yoshiki was the puppet master behind this project.)

On 2/15/2017 at 1:29 PM, orange~ said:

So apparently ToshI (he's got a new name, notice the capital letter!) got bored of Yoshiki's powertrip and formed a band with MiA...

It was definitely after he broke from the Home of Heart / Masaya's cult that he adopted this new moniker. I imagine it had to do with legal associations from his previous endeavors - AFAIK, he might've signed over his previous management to Masaya so anything under his original 'Toshi' might go directly to HoH.

Not to mention his autobiography basically explained that he was penniless despite all those years of gigging for Masaya's group. He's working his ass off now like he did back then but now at least he looks like he's having fun doing it and hopefully living more comfortably. For a tragic read about how Toshi original became brainwashed and how he quit the band, read this great translation: http://www.xjapantranslations.com/brainwashing-12-years-of-hell-1

Anyway, Toshi and his backing band might be more X than X Japan is these days. He's pretty much playing all of the songs X fans want to hear live.  I mean look at this fricken setlist from a recent live!

Dear Loser

Vanishing Love

Sadistic Desire

WEEK END

Standing Sex

Desperate Angel

Celebration

Say Anything

World Anthem

Blue Blood

Alive

Stab Me in the Back

Joker

Orgasm

Encore:

Toki no Umi e

He's also performed other classics in recent years like Rose of Pain, Silent Jealousy, Unfinished, Tears, and Dahlia .
http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/toshi-23d6dc87.html

haha, yea I was surprised to see that video! Like wtf, Toshi can rock still! I'm actually more interested in this act than X atm. Now if they only wrote some new songs....

EDIT: Wow they even got ALIVE on the setlist! O.o X-Japan hasn't played that song since the 80's!

Edited by orange~

8 hours ago, carddass said:

Dear Loser

Vanishing Love

Sadistic Desire

WEEK END

Standing Sex

Desperate Angel

Celebration

Say Anything

World Anthem

Blue Blood

Alive

Stab Me in the Back

Joker

Orgasm

Encore:

Toki no Umi e

Why did I not go to this oh my gooooood I'm so mad at myself THAT SETLIST

On 2/16/2017 at 9:42 AM, carddass said:

Anyway, Toshi and his backing band might be more X than X Japan is these days. He's pretty much playing all of the songs X fans want to hear live.  I mean look at this fricken setlist from a recent live!

Dear Loser

Vanishing Love

Sadistic Desire

WEEK END

Standing Sex

Desperate Angel

Celebration

Say Anything

World Anthem

Blue Blood

Alive

Stab Me in the Back

Joker

Orgasm

Encore:

Toki no Umi e

Holy shit.

Technically the real X are better, but this energy man... It's exactly what is missing in X-Japan today. Really cool seeing these guys just have fun on the stage.

Did anyone actually see who else Toshi's got in his band right now? Pretty great group of musicians he's using, MiA from Mejibray and Hiroto from Alice Nine/A9 on guitar, Shohei from Arlequin on bass, Sora from Dezert on drums and Cutt on backing vocals/acoustic guitar. I hope Toshi keeps doing this, it's incredibly cool.

not sure if it belongs hnya but what the hell.

X Japan have finally played their notorious Wembley show. setlist was:

01. Rusty Nail
02. Hero
03. JADE
04. KISS THE SKY (Recording Of The Audience)
05. Beneath The Skin
06. Pata And Heath Solo
07. DRAIN
08. Sugizo Violin Solo
09. La Venus
10. Say Anything (Acoustic Version)
11. Born to Be Free
12. Kurenai
    Encore 1
13. Yoshiki Piano Solo - Moonlight Sonata (Ludwig van Beethoven Cover)
14. Yoshiki Drum Solo
15. Without You
16. I.V.
17. X
    Encore 2
18. Yoshiki Piano Solo - Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen Cover)
19. Yoshiki Piano Solo - Space Oddity (David Bowie Cover)
20. ENDLESS RAIN
21. ART OF LIFE (2nd & 3rd Movements)
    Finale
22. SE: Tears (English Version)
23. SE: Forever Love

2 hours ago, Wicked Teletubby said:

not sure if it belongs hnya but what the hell.

X Japan have finally played their notorious Wembley show. setlist was:

01. Rusty Nail
02. Hero
03. JADE
04. KISS THE SKY (Recording Of The Audience)
05. Beneath The Skin
06. Pata And Heath Solo
07. DRAIN
08. Sugizo Violin Solo
09. La Venus
10. Say Anything (Acoustic Version)
11. Born to Be Free
12. Kurenai
    Encore 1
13. Yoshiki Piano Solo - Moonlight Sonata (Ludwig van Beethoven Cover)
14. Yoshiki Drum Solo
15. Without You
16. I.V.
17. X
    Encore 2
18. Yoshiki Piano Solo - Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen Cover)
19. Yoshiki Piano Solo - Space Oddity (David Bowie Cover)
20. ENDLESS RAIN
21. ART OF LIFE (2nd & 3rd Movements)
    Finale
22. SE: Tears (English Version)
23. SE: Forever Love

Only 2 metal songs, kurenai and X, and much yoshiki shit, so predictable.

Also, cutting Art of life is a blasphemy.