Hi, everyone!

I have been interested in Visual Kei for 2 years, so I guess I'm a newbie.

The first VK band I like is Nightmare, because of the theme songs of Death Note and Mouryo no Hako, but I didn't get into the VK fandom at that time. Then I spent my high school time listening to Black Metal, Gothic Metal and Sound Horizon.

About 2.5 years ago, I rediscovered Buck-Tick and fell in love, now BT is my favourite band. I'm that kind of BT fan who found them through Trinity Blood and became a fan for Acchan-chan's face, but now I respect all five of them as musicians and people.

I still like Nightmare, other Jrock bands I like are: MUCC, Malice Mizer, Dead End, LUNA SEA, D'erlanger, Kuroyume, Der Zibet, Onmyouza, Kinniku Shoujo Tai, Inugami Circus dan, Yapoos, Zelda, DALLE, cali-gari, early Glay, etc. I'm not familiar with younger bands, but willing to try a lot of them from now on.

My favourite non-Japanse band is Tristania, my favourite female singers are Jun Togawa and Vibeke Stene.

I can read Japanese, but not good at it.

I decided to join this forum because there aren't many serious discussions in my country's VK fandom, 2ch annoys me a lot, and Tanuki has too many VK slangs, I have trouble understanding them.

It seems people here are really friendly.

Damn, very nice taste!  Lots of good oldies bands there. Feels like it's become kind of rare to find Yapoos fans or ICD fans on the web these days, so any and all new ones are always appreciated lol

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

1 hour ago, Tokage said:

Damn, very nice taste!  Lots of good oldies bands there. Feels like it's become kind of rare to find Yapoos fans or ICD fans on the web these days, so any and all new ones are always appreciated lol

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Thank you!

I plan to see Jun Togawa's concert in Japan this year. I feel grateful that she is still active, really wish I knew her earlier.

Damn, I'm quite jealous. Would love to see her live some day.

Also quite happy she's still active. I do really, really wish she'd do some sort of Yapoos reunion or at least release a new solo album though, it's been quite a long time since she last released some new work iirc (outside of collaborations with other artists)

1 hour ago, Tokage said:

Damn, I'm quite jealous. Would love to see her live some day.

Also quite happy she's still active. I do really, really wish she'd do some sort of Yapoos reunion or at least release a new solo album though, it's been quite a long time since she last released some new work iirc (outside of collaborations with other artists)

One advantage of living in Asia is that the plane ticket to Japan is cheap. I really need to see her before she retires, plus I always want to see places like Minami-Aoyama MANDALA.

I want a Yapoos reunion, too, but I don't know if it's possible.

It makes me sad that she is not as good as she was in the 80s and early 90s, her voice has changed so much. But I'm still willing to pre-order a new album made by her.

Hey, welcome! Our trajectories to here seem very similar, rediscovering B-T, spiraling from there into the world of j-rock and finally finding ourselves here a few years later. Great artists in that list too! Let's discover new bands together ^^