anadentone

Bands that are loosing popularity

Bands that were once hugely successful but over the months/years are losing popularity.

Such as: Alice Nine/A9.  I don't know wtf happened to them.

Soo do you know of any bands?

I think the words "hugely successful" are quite debatable when it comes to vk bands, but speaking of own experience I feel like D=OUT had a lot of more fans before – now I don't hear about them that often. But I can't say for sure if they have lost popularity. 

An Cafe, they were so popular back in the day but since they returned from hiatus they aren't very popular anymore.

Also Gazette, they seem to still doing really good but DOGMA only sold 16 000 copies on the first week while Stacked Rubbish debuted with 33 000 sold copies for example so idk

Edited by Kiryu999

i agree about an cafe and A9.LM.C seems to be more popular than them both are now.someone answer me,did A9 ever played in budokan or some huge place like that?

And...in my opinion,talk about the gazette is too relative .i think their popularity has increased a lot around the world since stacked rubbish days.but comparing with dogma...i think that japanese people just got used to their kind of music and the number of bands that has been created since those days is quite huge.

12 minutes ago, Gichi Gichi said:

did A9 ever played in budokan or some huge place like that?

Yeah, they did play in Budokan.

I kind of noticed that a lot of bands that were big, when I got into VK (which are still going) now are hardly heard of. I guess it's just a matter of them being overshadowed by young bands gaining in popularity. Also fans grow up and change their tastes in music. Not a lot of people can stick to their faves for, let's say, ten years.

I mean it's almost like a decade old development at this point, but gazette's sales plummeted after DIM. Them doing the dome was probably the turning point, even though stuff like shiver was apparently quite popular.

I think some bands change their music, which is a double edge sword, it can scare away fans or make more people become fans. There was a time when some artist had so many news report of their new album/live then suddenly you go to their twitter and find out they had a new album that came out last month. Or the band will come out with a new single/album for what seems like 5 minutes after the last. I'm still shocked that Kameleo and Kiryu are coming out with a new album, seen like last week the last album came out.

17 minutes ago, vanivani said:

And what are we determining popularity by? The fans in Japan who purchase their music and attend their lives or the overseas fans like the ones here on MH? 

both :D

not like i have any perspective to actually back up this statement but i've always felt like Mea's one of those bands like cali≠gari that the western fandom doesn't really follow as much as the japanese scene

9 hours ago, Disposable said:

Them doing the dome was probably the turning point, even though stuff like shiver was apparently quite popular.

shitter was an anime opening.

sony did same thing w. mucc after they got signed, it does not help with long-term sales at all.

45 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

shitter was an anime opening.

sony did same thing w. mucc after they got signed, it does not help with long-term sales at all.

Didn't mucc come back in sales a little bit? I recall something happening to that effect.

The strangest rebounding I can think of is Miyavi reaching the abject commercial rock bottom with what's my name? For him only to come back to relative prominence with the album right after it. No idea how he is doing now though

http://www.oricon.co.jp/prof/308996/rank/album/ - mucc 

http://www.oricon.co.jp/prof/263818/rank/album/ - miyavi

fart bird sold worse than galyuu on psc back in 2003;

mucc might be doing a little better touring wise now that they're on a major label, 

I have no idea if there's a quick and easy way to check their recent attendance and shit.

myv did that angelina movie thing though, it probably paid him more than his entire songing career to date, including the random rakuten CM composing credits.

i wanted to know if it's true that bands which release too much stuff in a short period of time becomes more popular faster...i think that makes sense...

like MEJIBRAY and DADAROMA...and Kiryu too.but i think in the case of kiryu,is harder for non japanese fans enjoy them than the japanese public...

i guess that it can be dangerous releasing more and more every 3 months.

in my opinion,the only band which releases too much stuff and you never get bored and  is getting more popular is GOSSIP

Edited by Gichi Gichi

23 hours ago, kisumi kinbaku said:

Golden Bomber.

They still have their loyal fans, but I think that the general public is no more into Memeshikute, not as much as before at least. 

I wonder if the guys got tired of performing Memeshituke? :D

6 minutes ago, anadentone said:

I wonder if the guys got tired of performing Memeshituke? :D

Judging from that noroi PV (that one with the white dude), I feel like they did get tired of promoting it everywhere XD 

(poor guys, their other songs are just as catchy XD )

But during concerts they seem to enjoy performing it as usual since it's a fan fav  ;) 

Edited by kisumi kinbaku